Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" did NOT come from the Trunk CD *RUMOR*
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" did NOT come from the Trunk CD *RUMOR*  (Read 18504 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: February 17, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »

Hey all,

Treat this as rumor for now, please - until someone either corroborates it or manages to kill it.

The song "Better", as per a phone conversation I had yesterday evening, did NOT come from the CD sent to Eddie Trunk.  In fact, the person I spoke with seemed pretty confident that it came from a disc thats only been "in the wild" for a couple of weeks now.  Make of that what you will - but the Trunk disc apparently did *NOT* have Better on it, while this one did.

On a further note, I've now gotten corroboration from two independent sources that the disc that Better DID come from has a total of 7 tracks.

IRS
Better
TWAT
TWAT (a different mix?  or different vocals?  not sure - but there are two different versions on the disc)
3 Instrumentals (of which I have no clue what they are - I'm assuming the instrumental tracks to IRS, Better, & TWAT?)

Supposedly (as I had heard long ago, but I'm still not positive about) the Trunk CD has / had "Prostitute" on it.

Furhermore - and this one is the info I'm least sure of (at the moment) There's apparently some OTHER demo disc out there.  Working on getting details.  If / when I do, I'll share.

(edited for clarification - I wrote a sentence kinda screwy and it didn't sound right)

-darknemus
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 07:40:21 AM by darknemus » Logged

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:31:29 AM »

Cool thanks for sharing and trying to find out..
godiva
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 07:37:47 AM »

Thank you for the info Darknemus  beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:40:20 AM »

Great info Dark! beer Hopefully more info(and music) to come. ok

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:46:05 AM »

Now don't get me we wrong.  The hacker / pirate / 'dark' side of me agrees with you 110%.  I'd love to see more music leak.  But then I take a step back and  try to view things from other perspectives (which isn't easy when you want the music, trust me)

Do we *REALLY* want this stuff to leak?  Lets say that, tomorrow, someone rips the Trunk disc and the disc w/ Better on it.  Then the next day someone manages to get their hands on the material used to make that radio promo in 2002.  Do you see where I'm going?  As much as I want to hear new stuff (and yes, I will admit, if I got it, I'd put it out for others.. that might be the wrong decision - but in my opinion, the best decision for the community) I kind of hope this stuff doesn't come out.

I know that, if I were to receive it. I'd have to share it.  And to be honest, I don't know if I want to be in that position this time.  Talk about some hardcore decision making and gut check time.

Its like being a reporter with a story that, if you break, all hell is going to break loose.  You know ifyou don't break it, someone else is going to - yet, you're almost more concerned with the ramifications of the story than the content.  Its weird.

-darknemus

badapple81
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 07:48:57 AM »

I don't want to hear too much more but I wouldn't be able to resist it  Cheesy

I hope the person who has this stuff respects the wishes of those who put all the work into these amazing tracks.
misterbrownstone
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 07:55:12 AM »

that's right...i remember someone mentioning Prostitute.  good call ok
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 07:56:15 AM »

In fact, the person I spoke with seemed pretty confident that it came from a disc thats only been "in the wild" for a couple of weeks now.

Wes said that he'd had the 3 tracks since November 2004 though. He mentioned he got the CD from Las Vegas.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »

I knew it. I knew that ''Better'' didn't come from the Trunk CD. If it had the sound quality would have been the same as IRS. But it sounds fresher and newer. Thanks for posting darknemus.

I also don't want anymore to be leaked. I just want the album.

There's not anymore that I can do...
Messiah
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 08:01:33 AM »

if u ever get it... dont share it ! if we keep getting leaks before the album is out... we will loose interest
before this new IRS leak came out... i almost knew the other leaks by heart... and whats new to this one ? ... i mean yeah ive been listening to it a lot... im glad about the audio quality but the feeling its not the same as if was listening to all of it for the first time...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »

In fact, the person I spoke with seemed pretty confident that it came from a disc thats only been "in the wild" for a couple of weeks now.

Wes said that he'd had the 3 tracks since November 2004 though. He mentioned he got the CD from Las Vegas.

Yes, one time I said I had an extensive knowledge of VPN hardware in order to get a job (before i really did).  Sometimes we say things to either cover our tracks or to.. obfuscate, really.  Maybe Wes doesn't want some details of himself known that proclaiming the source of the disc might reveal?

Its all speculation, of course - but all I'm saying is always accept that the possibility that there are other answers than the ones given by people.  Those are often dictated by circumstance, fate, faith, or fear.

-darknemus

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 08:02:40 AM »

i don't think we want anything to leak, but when it does it's going to be hard to stay away from the "download" button...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
hogg2500x
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 08:04:02 AM »

Hey all,

Treat this as rumor for now, please - until someone either corroborates it or manages to kill it.

The song "Better", as per a phone conversation I had yesterday evening, did NOT come from the CD sent to Eddie Trunk.? In fact, the person I spoke with seemed pretty confident that it came from a disc thats only been "in the wild" for a couple of weeks now.? Make of that what you will - but the Trunk disc apparently did *NOT* have Better on it, while this one did.

On a further note, I've now gotten corroboration from two independent sources that the disc that Better DID come from has a total of 7 tracks.

IRS
Better
TWAT
TWAT (a different mix?? or different vocals?? not sure - but there are two different versions on the disc)
3 Instrumentals (of which I have no clue what they are - I'm assuming the instrumental tracks to IRS, Better, & TWAT?)

Supposedly (as I had heard long ago, but I'm still not positive about) the Trunk CD has / had "Prostitute" on it.

Furhermore - and this one is the info I'm least sure of (at the moment) There's apparently some OTHER demo disc out there.? Working on getting details.? If / when I do, I'll share.

(edited for clarification - I wrote a sentence kinda screwy and it didn't sound right)

-darknemus

kool man thank for the info.
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 08:06:43 AM »

Wes came on mygnr and said he had the songs. He wouldn't say anymore. He only posted 4 times or something. We don't know a thing about him or his sources.

There's not anymore that I can do...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 08:16:19 AM »

i don't think we want anything to leak, but when it does it's going to be hard to stay away from the "download" button...

No-one wants a leak, we just want an actual fucking CD. Since CD aint definitely coming out this could be the only chance we get to hear the New GN'R.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 08:23:18 AM »

Now don't get me we wrong.? The hacker / pirate / 'dark' side of me agrees with you 110%.? I'd love to see more music leak.? But then I take a step back and? try to view things from other perspectives (which isn't easy when you want the music, trust me)

Do we *REALLY* want this stuff to leak?? Lets say that, tomorrow, someone rips the Trunk disc and the disc w/ Better on it.? Then the next day someone manages to get their hands on the material used to make that radio promo in 2002.? Do you see where I'm going?? As much as I want to hear new stuff (and yes, I will admit, if I got it, I'd put it out for others.. that might be the wrong decision - but in my opinion, the best decision for the community) I kind of hope this stuff doesn't come out.

I know that, if I were to receive it. I'd have to share it.? And to be honest, I don't know if I want to be in that position this time.? Talk about some hardcore decision making and gut check time.

Its like being a reporter with a story that, if you break, all hell is going to break loose.? You know ifyou don't break it, someone else is going to - yet, you're almost more concerned with the ramifications of the story than the content.? Its weird.

-darknemus

yeah, interesting position to be in. i'm really tired right now so i cant offer up an intellectual post. hihi i'll send you a pm about how i really feel about this subject after i take a nap. hihi

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 08:30:46 AM »

I tend to believe in the theory of "Better" being a more complete mix, and thus possibly coming from a different source.  If that is indeed the case, that "source" will be everywhere within a few days.  Time to start watching the Usenet groups and IRC groups I guess.  Sadly, if any of the above is true, there isn't a damn thing management can do to stop it.  Welcome to the technological jungle, indeed.

*edit my piss poor spelling"
username
Opening Act

In the flesh!

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 08:35:53 AM »

Very interesting Nemus, thanks!

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW ... 1998 ... 1999 ... 2000 ... 2001 ... 2002 ... 2003 ... 2004 ... 2005 ... 2006!!!
Bongo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »

I prefer to hear when CD comes out .... For now I dont want more leaks.... I'm expecting CD really soon....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 08:51:55 AM »

well  if new music indeed leaks i won`t listen to it this time...    but if there are no news within the next two months i`d do it though......   

this could really be someone making axl to get CD out ok....

by the way   darknemus, i know you said you`d share new tracks if you had them, but please think about that one more time.....  noone really needs that, if CD is coming out in  the next few months. it will only harm gnr and our expectations...

i mean did you wait for this record for n years to get every song on it as a leak two months before it`s release??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 09:02:10 AM »

I disagree with all of you.  I have waited 12 years.  I am done waiting.  I equate this to a pregnant couple that come week 18 have to decide if they want to know the sex of their unborn child.  I have two kids and I found out their sex at week 18.  To me, there is no difference in the surprise at week 18 on the sonogram than there is at week 40 at the birth.  The surprise is exactly the same. 

In this case, as long as the leaks are of good quality, it is the same.  We have waited 12 yeras.  So the anticipation is getting old.  If I had a copy of anything GNR related, I'd make it available immediately.

Dark, if you find yourself in this quandry, send me a copy and I'll make the decison.   ok

CC
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 09:13:50 AM »

Thanks for the info darknemus ok

keep us posted with what you find out.

so at least two songs we don't have are rumored to exist in CD format floating in limbo, Prostitue and TWAT hihi

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 09:14:56 AM »

I heard the same thing, I been emailing+calling certain people trying to throw some money around to get more tracks in their entirety, but so far I think people have just been bullshitting because no ones took what I have to offer... I do very well, so I've offered up to $250.00 a completed track to people who claim they have the music.

I'll admit if I got it, I'd openly share it with any gnr fan... maybe not the whole song at first, but I'd at least fire out some 1-2 minute clips for everyone. smoking
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 09:22:50 AM »

Fuck, for a demo quality recording of the Blues I'd shell out $250.00!!! Silkworms I'd shell out $50.00!!!! Ha ha
Warchild
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 09:23:50 AM »

Hey Craig.....I am watching......... still playing games?

I wouldn't believe it until a credible source told me...........if you know what I mean.......

WARCHILD
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 09:28:22 AM »

Hey Craig.....I am watching......... still playing games?

I wouldn't believe it until a credible source told me...........if you know what I mean.......

WARCHILD

Believe what you will.  Hence why I said treat it as RUMOR and nothing more.

-darknemus

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 09:32:02 AM »

For now I dont want more leaks.... I'm expecting CD really soon....
Well while you hold your breath and suffocate, I want more leaks. hihi

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 09:32:08 AM »

thanks darknemus - nice to have an update. ?dont know what the fk we'd do without people who actually care to share info on this board. ?go fkn insane?! ?I can be patient - i've practised for fkn years! ?i can respect the musicians wishes - but in this day and age - some bands do actually make tracks available for downloading from their websites anyway ?- oh hang on - a website??? legal downloads?? ?hihi ?hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 09:32:32 AM »

In my opinion there is no way this is from the Trunk cd either.... the song title "Better" wasn't known until a couple months ago. When Trunk was asked what songs were on the disk he had, he would have easily been able to say "ohh there is another track on their called better...etc." The song title would not be hard to figure out for him and he never mentioned any track of this sort on that cd, so I refuse to believe it was on there.
Warchild
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 09:38:13 AM »

Merck has asked to take down links and leave it alone..........is that not good enough?

ever heard that song by the Who, "won't get fooled again?" In a storm you need to be careful

to navigate well, and make good choices, wouldn't want to be shipwrecked........

Take Care,
WARCHILD
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »

Fuck Merck, tell him to get his ass in order and gain a little control of his artist (like get an actual solid release date.) Then maybe some people will have some respect for him. Until then every gnr fan has a duty to share with every other fan the new music.
Warchild
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 09:49:13 AM »

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence......look familiar? it should , it is on your sidebar/avatar

what you just said negates all three claims......guess they are just "words"

GO READ MYSTERIONS POST

management has requested to remove links and leave it alone..........this is documented

WARCHILD
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »

Do you think we give a fuck about what management says.... rofl rofl rofl

You and your management nuthugging friends can kiss their ass all you want.. but I'd bet my bottom dollar you have all the tracks on your computer or have at least heard them...

So fuck you for trying to play a part in stopping others from enjoying the new music. I can see why Jarmo, Mysteron or others are spreading that message, they are just showing respect to whatever sources they may have.....unless you have the same sources, I see no reason why you are sucking on the corporate managements balls??? hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 09:55:21 AM »

ever heard that song by the Who, "won't get fooled again?" In a storm you need to be careful

to navigate well, and make good choices, wouldn't want to be shipwrecked........

Take Care,
WARCHILD
You have a point, but thats if CD is far in the distance. A near future release makes these demos irrelevant and not worth management taking the stand they have taken. It will have no effect on album sales, and if it does anything it just creates more buzz. I'm puzzled by the reaction from "management". If a massive load of big guns is about to be shot at the masses, why are they worrying over something so small? Is CD much further away then people believe? If true, management should expect more leaks. Is Axl/management worried that something much more substantial than a couple demos is out in circulation? During this strip club tour did someone somehow gain access to the material? Similar to U2's fiasco? This whole leak situation brings up many interesting questions. The ones mentioned, and many more.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »

why are they worrying over something so small?

They're not.

Hence a simple request to remove the links, and not a 40 page legal document threat to everyone who used the internet on Tuesday. Remember Merck's reply to NY Times over a legit article? Or the uproar when the first IRS got leaked?

Please....these guys couldn't really be bothered with these leaks....its either them who encouraged it, or.....the tracks which got leaked WON'T be on the final record....kind of like Cornchucker, a recorded demo, but that's all.

Everything's a possibility round about now with these dudes....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 10:03:11 AM »

Fuck Merck, tell him to get his ass in order and gain a little control of his artist (like get an actual solid release date.) Then maybe some people will have some respect for him. Until then every gnr fan has a duty to share with every other fan the new music.

I absolutely agree. The question is when will CD be released. I doubt it will be soon, they have been lying to us since fucking year 2001, our patience is huge but not infinite.

madagas
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »

Warchild, wouldn't want to be shipwrecked? Get a fuckin clue...Gnr fans are as shipwrecked as it gets! I'm sure the big announcement is right around the corner..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes what a joke. Oh wait, the announcement will come after Slash finishes his parts on the album. rofl rofl
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »

Damn, my post got deleted quick, I was going to delete it anyway after 30 seconds. hihi peace
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »

Do you think we give a fuck about what management says.... rofl rofl rofl

You and your management nuthugging friends can kiss their ass all you want.. but I'd bet my bottom dollar you have all the tracks on your computer or have at least heard them...

So fuck you for trying to play a part in stopping others from enjoying the new music. I can see why Jarmo, Mysteron or others are spreading that message, they are just showing respect to whatever sources they may have.....unless you have the same sources, I see no reason why you are sucking on the corporate managements balls??? hihi

Post the links once more and I promise you, you won't see yourself online in this forum again.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 10:10:39 AM »

Thanks for the warning. ok

I was only doing it for a good cause man, I respect you have a job to do though. peace

If anyone wants to talk about Nascar in private they can always pm me. beer
Warchild
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 10:12:35 AM »

Like it or not...Merck is management and speaks for the band.........if he asks to remove links and

leave matter alone i would think you would have the INTEGRITY (oh there's that word again)

and INTELLIGENCE to leave it at that and not grab at something that is not yours like a 5 year old

with a cookie jar......

you have no integrity, intelligence......OR respect.

So, pack that in your knapsack and take a hike to hell with your proclaimed unproven morals.

I'm going to stop now, because it is a waste of my time to argue with the likes of you........

and your use of the fuck word was awesomely displayed but I have been called worse by better...

......need to work on the old vocabulary slingblade.......

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

WARCHILD
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 10:13:28 AM »

Thanks for the warning. ok

I was only doing it for a good cause man, I respect you have a job to do though. peace

If anyone wants to talk about Nascar in private they can always pm me. beer

I understand you want other people to be happy with you but like it or not we have a rule about this particular thing and you have to respect it.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

. Oh wait, the announcement will come after Slash finishes his parts on the album. rofl rofl
Warchild isn't the one running his mouth about Slash being in GNR again. Its a couple others with 'top secret info' that are doing that.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 10:14:54 AM »

Like it or not...Merck is management and speaks for the band.........if he asks to remove links and

leave matter alone i would think you would have the INTEGRITY (oh there's that word again)

and INTELLIGENCE to leave it at that and not grab at something that is not yours like a 5 year old

with a cookie jar......

So, pack that in your knapsack and take a hike to hell with your proclaimed unproven morals.

I'm going to stop now, because it is a waste of my time to argue with the likes of you........

and your use of the fuck word was awesomely displayed but I have been called worse by better...

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

WARCHILD

I would like this offensive language to stop right now or I will be forced to lock the thread.

//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 10:15:13 AM »

I don't care about it, If any another leak surface I'll do what I can to get it and hear it inmediatly. I'm not worry about the final surprise. In this GNR world is possible that this year ends with nothing again, so I take what this garbage can can give me and let the worries to Axl.

//JK
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 10:15:45 AM »

Warchild,

You internet warrior, please settle down. Sometimes when you deal with the three I's (Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence) one I takes over the other... in this case I must have the intensity to spread the new music at all costs. hihi

You can pollute this thread with your mindless nuthugging babble, but I know just as well as you do that you've been jamming out to the new tracks, and I think you're a hypocrite to try and tell people not to spread the music...

so in closing..

quit crying motherfucker.. what the little kids gonna have to do?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 10:17:28 AM »

with a cookie jar......

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

WARCHILD

I would like this offensive language to stop right now or I will be forced to lock the thread.

He is not bothering me.. let the infant babble all he wants. We're all having a good time here, I don't think anyone is too upset.
Warchild
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 10:19:03 AM »

Thank you Christos........

Kudos!
WARCHILD
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 10:19:52 AM »

with a cookie jar......

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

WARCHILD

Why is this post almost the excact same as your previous posts on this thread? ?Your not talking to 2 year olds. Roll Eyes

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »

I thought I was clear about the offensive language, unfortunately some people think I only meant it for all the others except for them.

Well, bravo... Thread locked.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: