Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better Instrumental" - Discussions
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better Instrumental" - Discussions  (Read 39227 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2006, 03:27:11 PM »

What he said to you doesn't concern me; he has publically stated that he did not remember what was on the CD. There's a very good chance the answer you got from Trunk was not 100%.

Again, I don't need to email him.

"It was almost two years ago, so I don't remember that much. It sounded kind of like G&R with a modern edge. Same direction as Oh My God."

That easily describes Better. And this is a guy who might have had one chance to listen to it, possibly scanning through the tracks.

Trunk's CD had 4 songs and 4 instrumentals. Isn't it funny how we now have 4 songs... and the next leak is an instrumental?

When I see a fifth song, I'll be will to believe there's another source. Until then, everything is playing to form.

I think "No, it wasn't" is a pretty categorical answer, don't you?  Considering he'd heard the new leak? Not "I'm not sure". Not "I can't remember". "No, it wasn't".  So, rest assured, it wasn't.

So, in the face of direct categoric evidence to the contrary, from the direct source of the leak, who was actually present and heard the CD, you choose to believe something they say is untrue?

Hey, more power to ya.

But the FACT is...it's not the same source. Period.  Trunk confirmed it.

Believe what you want.

Trunk confirmed what he believes. Trying to claim it's confirmed is BS unless you have the CD. So please don't act as if you've got 100% proof.

You choose to believe Trunk, I choose not to trust the guy's memory from three years ago.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »

I thought Trunk only had 3 instrumentals and three songs.....Pilferk, what is your best guess as to where the leaks came from?

The rest of the CD was also cool. It sounded like a total of 3 songs, with instrumental versions of each of the 3, making a total of 6 tracks (I think). The last track, which I did not play, was the best. A great rocker, with tons of shredding guitar from Buckethead. I don't know what the title was, but I kinda wish I had the chance to play that one as well. Mike & I didn't really know what we had, so we just played the first track IRS.

"It sounded like a total of 3 songs" - even here Trunk isn't sure. Until we see another leak, I'm not at all convinced we have anything not on Trunk's disc.
McDuff
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2006, 03:35:36 PM »

Man,I like Bucketheads parts on this song,I couldn't hear the solo as good as I can on this version,maybe it's just my hearing,I dunno ok
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »

i think I must have missed something!!! didn't realise it had leaked!  Shocked

I love the song, not sure why they have instrumentals on cds though?!

was the quality like the other leaks??

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »

At this point what does the source matter? the fact that someone leaked an instrumental tells me that whatevers out there is limited. i expect we'll probably get instrumentals of TWAT and IRS, but after that the leak well runs dry. hopefully by then we'll have a better idea of when the actual album with its finished tracks is coming out drool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Steel_Angel
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2006, 04:37:07 PM »

1badapple is trying to get the rest. we will have them soon hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2006, 04:37:46 PM »

Listening to the instrumental, this song doesn't sound like a demo to me. A lot of production has gone into this song, and it's well done too.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2006, 04:40:04 PM »

i hate when you need itunes to play it.. but still pretty good.

I played it on basic Quicktime.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2006, 04:49:28 PM »

Listening to the instrumental, this song doesn't sound like a demo to me. A lot of production has gone into this song, and it's well done too.
What do you expect from a demo in this century? An old tape with hiss, drum machine, low quality and sloppy guitars like Crash Diet, Sentimental Movie, The Garden..?

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2006, 04:53:30 PM »

Trunk believes a fan aware of Piazza's love for all things rock sent him the CD-R, which also included the instrumental and complete versions of two other songs. So whoever sent Piazza the disc must have obtained it through the studio, he reasoned.

Those Metal Talk guys seemed to "imply" that Piazza made up the story about receiving the disc from an anonymous source to protect his real source - a guitarist who goes by the name of Zakk Wylde. So who knows .. just another theory.

As for the "Better" instrumental, it sounds fantastic! Although it is certainly improved with Axl's vocals, you can really listen to and appreciate the guitar work and the intricate detail. There is no reason to believe that this song has not changed since this was recorded, thus making it a "demo", but it is clearly an attempt at a finished version and a lot of work has been done here. This is not just some first take ...

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2006, 05:02:27 PM »

I can't hear the song...cause I can't open
Steel_Angel
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »

where was the "Better instru" posted first? (i shouldnt have slept early Cry)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2006, 05:20:34 PM »

1badapple is trying to get the rest. we will have them soon hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

TRYING is the key word there, so please don't jump down my throat if i don't get them. i said from the very start that i wasn't promising anything. I'm still waiting on "the source" to get back to me. 

i want to make it clear that i have no contacts or sources within or near the GnR camp. i don't want anyone thinking that i'm trying to come off as important or something, but the person who asked me if i wanted this made me promise not to mention him because he's already had to deal with GnR's management. i don't want to get anybody sued. Besides, if i give him up, he definately won't be giving me the other instrumentals Wink

this was just basically a case of luck. someone i had talked with a few weeks back got a hold of me and asked me if i would be interested in any of the 3 instrumentals. of course i said yes. i was asked which 1 i wanted first. now personally, i wanted TWAT, but i thought i should go with what i felt the majority of you would want and it's quite apparent to me that overall "better" is the majority's fav, so that's what i chose. now, i get to play the waiting game and see if he gets me the other 2 instrumentals ( IRS & TWAT). I've been told by this person that this IS all that is left and i believe him.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »

Good to know. Thanks and keep us posted.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2006, 05:32:13 PM »

it was leaked here first-approx 7 minutes after i got it ( i had to give it a listen first Wink  ).
i never posted any links, i just started a topic something like "Better instrumental has leaked" knowing that within seconds PM hell would begin. i answered a few of the pm's, then went over to your site  ok
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »

TRYING is the key word there, so please don't jump down my throat if i don't get them. i said from the very start that i wasn't promising anything. I'm still waiting on "the source" to get back to me.?

i want to make it clear that i have no contacts or sources within or near the GnR camp. i don't want anyone thinking that i'm trying to come off as important or something, but the person who asked me if i wanted this made me promise not to mention him because he's already had to deal with GnR's management. i don't want to get anybody sued. Besides, if i give him up, he definately won't be giving me the other instrumentals Wink

this was just basically a case of luck. someone i had talked with a few weeks back got a hold of me and asked me if i would be interested in any of the 3 instrumentals. of course i said yes. i was asked which 1 i wanted first. now personally, i wanted TWAT, but i thought i should go with what i felt the majority of you would want and it's quite apparent to me that overall "better" is the majority's fav, so that's what i chose. now, i get to play the waiting game and see if he gets me the other 2 instrumentals ( IRS & TWAT). I've been told by this person that this IS all that is left and i believe him.

Hey man, kudos for doing it RIGHT.

I wouldn't be shocked if those instrumentals are all that's left... which pretty much means there's just the one source CD.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »

then went over to your site? ok
\

i feel special  love hihi Tongue
thanx for the info
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2006, 06:21:16 PM »

Man,I like Bucketheads parts on this song,I couldn't hear the solo as good as I can on this version,maybe it's just my hearing,I dunno ok

I love the riff parts that remind me of a machine gun! This song is going to be a masterpiece once we hear the final mix.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »

For those few who say these recent leaks are not demo's, I think the "Better" instrumental proves they are.

"Better" is not the kind of song you would have an instrumental of included on the single.

Axl is probably using the instrumental to try various different vocal takes on, of which we already have one. Yeah, so this almost proves they are demo's, which is great because the final version of this song is going to rock.
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2006, 08:49:21 PM »

I agree. I think Buckethead is so important to this cd. He is just so fuckin good. I love what he put into this song.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: