Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better Instrumental" - Discussions
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better Instrumental" - Discussions  (Read 39029 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »

I think the vocals have been EQ'd out of this track. I think it's the "Better" we have with the vocals removed using software.

Listen carefully and I swear you can still hear Axl's voice, very low volume.

no,it's an instrumental version

... between 2:05 and 2:12 I'm sure I can hear the "All that I wanted...."

Ah, who knows. Maybe I'm goin' crazy.

holy shit!!! I think you're right hihi You must be listening to it pretty damn loud Grin Good catch man ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »

It's the instrumental. I made a version without vocals using Adobe Audition - it miss the drums and the solos. Also, sounds digital...

A friend of mine heard the same thing as you, tho. confused

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2006, 02:58:38 PM »

Because he has much more recently said, categorically, that Better was not there.  Thus, since he didn't categorize his response to me with "I'm not sure", or "I don't remember"....It's wasn't there.

Ask him yourself.....
No way I'd rather ask piazza. hihi

As far as I know, those who ought to listen to a hundred of new albums or so every month because of their profession, usually forget how a track goes as soon as they finish marking it, well unless they are at leisure, perhaps. Then again They'd remember a tune by their fav band.
If my memory serves me correctly trunk said he's not big on GNR but piazza.

Besides
My teacher says on a maltiple choices test the categorical ones are most likely wrong.
It seems he has a recollection of the chinese DEMO more vivid now than he did then.
Wonder if he happened on something to make it remember by lately.

And I believe what?
other people and me are not "believing".
Again, We're yet to jump into the conclusion. That's all.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »

I think the vocals have been EQ'd out of this track. I think it's the "Better" we have with the vocals removed using software.

holy shit!!! I think you're right hihi You must be listening to it pretty damn loud Grin Good catch man ok

I think what you're hearing is just a guitar playing the vocal melody.  It's pretty choppy and it follows it properly.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2006, 03:12:18 PM »

I think what you're hearing is just a guitar playing the vocal melody.? It's pretty choppy and it follows it properly.

very possible, I'd rather listen to the full version with vocals though so it don't matter to me much But i did hear something, I was just telling ACR that I heard what he did so he didn't thik he was insane or something, sooo...yeah peace

McDuff
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »

we're all just fuckin' crazy,we all knew that already tho ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2006, 03:24:16 PM »

't actually happens quite often. guitars have similar range to voices.
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2006, 04:16:38 PM »

the songs exist as mp3 or as m4a
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2006, 04:20:06 PM »

't actually happens quite often. guitars have similar range to voices.

It's true. On Americas Funniest Home Videos there was a cat meowing that sounded just like a guitar playing a tume that just happened to sound like a person saying "Mama". Pretty wild.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »

It is confirmed...by the guy who had the CD.? Again, did YOU hear it?? So how is your opinion on the subject even relevant?

Why is that so hard to understand?? It IS 100% proof.?

I choose to believe the eyewitness (earwitness?) who categorically denies it was on the CD.

I choose to believe the guy who has heard both the material on the CD and the leak.

I choose to believe the guy who has a reputation that he trades on and has no reason to lie.

I choose to believe the guy who has, in the past, categorized things when he doesn't remember by saying "I don't remember" but who, in this case, was absolutely categorical in his answer.

You choose to believe in a fantasy with no corroboration or proof.

Like I said: Believe what you want.

But, it was not there. Period.

This is getting old. You have Trunk giving "proof" based on something he heard three years ago. He has already said he does not remember what the other songs were. He didn't give a close listen to all tracks, and he wasn't even sure exactly how many tracks were ON the demo. He says "maybe 3 more." Take that maybe into a court (I'm just making an analogy here) and you WILL be shot full of holes.

And don't tell me "it was not there. Period." unless YOU have the CD and can confirm it beyond hearsay.

Which, you don't and can't.

If you can't see that that doesn't equal 100% proof, you're blind. Either way, you've got your opinion, I've got mine - don't tell me yours is gospel, because it ain't.

High horses have long falls. The path of these leaks have followed exactly what I laid out to a T. I'd be more than happy if I was wrong, because it would mean the potential for more material, but it hasn't played out so far.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2006, 05:29:36 PM »

I can definitely hear the word "You" at 2:13-2:14
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

there hasn't been any link to that paricular Eddie comment. How reliable is this?

In a personal email to me on 2/17/06 which was forwarded on to jarmo and madison for verification.  jarmo, I'm sure, will verify this if asked.  I won't forward it along to anyone else because it has some personal info attached to it that I won't make public.  I created an actual thread on BOTH forums (htgth and mygnrforum) when I got the email, so they're still around here somewhere.

Trunk categorically says Better was not on the CD.

It wasn't on the CD.

Despite what anyone else wants to believe.

I ask because I haven't seen the evidence for myself. My questions to you would be:

Are you certain that Trunk heard the leaked Better and compared it to the tracks from the disc he listened to 3 years ago?

Have you asked if CITR was on that disc, because 3/3 means IRS, TWAT and one other... What was that other song?

Was Trunk certain about Better not being there or did he say that he thought or believed it wasn't there? I'm trying to account for uncertainty here.

I don't think the Trunk CD has been ruled out at all here. CITR could still be from the disc if Better is eliminated from inclusion.  I think support for a second leaker is much stronger now that Catcher leaked because clearly Trunk's  cannot account for all the leaked tracks.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »

there hasn't been any link to that paricular Eddie comment. How reliable is this?

I ask because I haven't seen the evidence for myself. My questions to you would be:

Are you certain that Trunk heard the leaked Better and compared it to the tracks from the disc he listened to 3 years ago?

Have you asked if CITR was on that disc, because 3/3 means IRS, TWAT and one other... What was that other song?

Was Trunk certain about Better not being there or did he say that he thought or believed it wasn't there? I'm trying to account for uncertainty here.

I don't think the Trunk CD has been ruled out at all here. CITR could still be from the disc if Better is eliminated from inclusion.  I think support for a second leaker is much stronger now that Catcher leaked because clearly Trunk's  cannot account for all the leaked tracks.

Trunk has already said he doesn't remember what was on the CD, and he no longer has the tracks. If I recall, he only had the CD for about 24 hours...

If such a comparison was possible, it would be much easier, but Trunk's only description of the tracks was the interview he did with Splat of all places.

What's we're asking is basically impossible - a perfect comparison of tracks from now and three years ago on memory alone.

We could also have a case where the original source who sent the disc to Piazza has added in an extra track and sent them to somewhere else. That would still be a single source.

It's impossible to verify either way unless another track leaks. An extra track would completely eliminate the Trunk CD from being the lone source... and open up a world of possibilities.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2006, 06:14:37 PM »

Trunk has already said he doesn't remember what was on the CD, and he no longer has the tracks. If I recall, he only had the CD for about 24 hours...

If such a comparison was possible, it would be much easier, but Trunk's only description of the tracks was the interview he did with Splat of all places.

What's we're asking is basically impossible - a perfect comparison of tracks from now and three years ago on memory alone.

We could also have a case where the original source who sent the disc to Piazza has added in an extra track and sent them to somewhere else. That would still be a single source.

It's impossible to verify either way unless another track leaks. An extra track would completely eliminate the Trunk CD from being the lone source... and open up a world of possibilities.

The fact that an instrumental leaked though makes me very wary to eliminate the Trunk CD. Afterall, it is the only confirmed Chinese Democracy leak in existence.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »

I don't think the Trunk CD has been ruled out at all here. CITR could still be from the disc if Better is eliminated from inclusion.? I think support for a second leaker is much stronger now that Catcher leaked because clearly Trunk's? cannot account for all the leaked tracks.

The fact that an instrumental leaked though makes me very wary to eliminate the Trunk CD. Afterall, it is the only confirmed Chinese Democracy leak in existence.

not true. i'm pretty sure CITR wasnt from the trunk cd at all... 4 songs leaked, there were only 3 on the trunk cd.

now you know me better
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

[
This is getting old. You have Trunk giving "proof" based on something he heard three years ago. He has already said he does not remember what the other songs were. He didn't give a close listen to all tracks, and he wasn't even sure exactly how many tracks were ON the demo. He says "maybe 3 more." Take that maybe into a court (I'm just making an analogy here) and you WILL be shot full of holes.

And don't tell me "it was not there. Period." unless YOU have the CD and can confirm it beyond hearsay.

Which, you don't and can't.

If you can't see that that doesn't equal 100% proof, you're blind. Either way, you've got your opinion, I've got mine - don't tell me yours is gospel, because it ain't.

High horses have long falls. The path of these leaks have followed exactly what I laid out to a T. I'd be more than happy if I was wrong, because it would mean the potential for more material, but it hasn't played out so far.

You're right about one thing.? It is getting old.

I'm not going to rob you of your illusions.

Trunk never said "he didn't remember what was on the CD".? He said he was fuzzy on the details (read the whole interview...his response about "not remembering much" was in direct response to a question asking for specific details).? MORE RECENTLY, he categorically denied it was there.? He didn't say "maybe 3 more", he said "sounded like 3 more".? You're interpreting, rather than reading.

Oh, and eyewitness accounts?? Hardly hearsay....at least not in court.? You might label MY assertions hearsay, because I'm telling you what he said.? That's precisely why I sent the email off to jarmo and madison for verification at the time I originally posted the information.? You could also contact him yourself...but you won't.

And, if we're discussing proof...where exactly is yours that it DID come from the Trunk CD?? RIGGGGHHHHHT.? All you have is your "theory"....

The guy was positive it was not on the CD.? He heard it.? You didn't.?

Which means your "opinion" is worth exactly....right....

As for being blind...I'd suggest you look in the mirror..but, given your posts, and stubborn refusal to see reality...that would be a waste of time, to be sure.

It wasn't there. Period.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:29:53 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2006, 07:06:03 PM »

In a personal email to me on 2/17/06 which was forwarded on to jarmo and madison for verification.? jarmo, I'm sure, will verify this if asked.? I won't forward it along to anyone else because it has some personal info attached to it that I won't make public.? I created an actual thread on BOTH forums (htgth and mygnrforum) when I got the email, so they're still around here somewhere.

Trunk categorically says Better was not on the CD.

It wasn't on the CD.

Despite what anyone else wants to believe.

I don't think the Trunk CD has been ruled out at all here. CITR could still be from the disc if Better is eliminated from inclusion.? I think support for a second leaker is much stronger now that Catcher leaked because clearly Trunk's? cannot account for all the leaked tracks.

I'm certain he had it in his possession.

I only asked about Better.  CITR had not leaked yet.

His exact words were: "No, it wasn't".  Pretty categorical to me.

Again, you can ask jarmo to confirm, if you'd like.

You can also email Trunk directly from his website and ask him yourself.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2006, 07:15:06 PM »

No way I'd rather ask piazza. hihi

As far as I know, those who ought to listen to a hundred of new albums or so every month because of their profession, usually forget how a track goes as soon as they finish marking it, well unless they are at leisure, perhaps. Then again They'd remember a tune by their fav band.
If my memory serves me correctly trunk said he's not big on GNR but piazza.

Besides
My teacher says on a maltiple choices test the categorical ones are most likely wrong.
It seems he has a recollection of the chinese DEMO more vivid now than he did then.
Wonder if he happened on something to make it remember by lately.

And I believe what?
other people and me are not "believing".
Again, We're yet to jump into the conclusion. That's all.

I've sent correspondance off to Piazza both through the Padres and through his agent.  If I ever get a response, I'll let you know.

I did try to directly contact him through the Padre's media office....but they would not approve the request because the matter had nothing to do with baseball.

As for your teacher...there's a large difference between categoric answers on a test and a definitive categoric answer coming from a person.  I think that's pretty easy to discern.

As I said, I'm sure he had Better.  That may have "jogged his memory" a bit, eh?  Or maybe, while fuzzy on the details of the content, he's pretty able to remember WHAT the content was.

As for not jumping to a conclusion....I'd say by doubting Trunks own words, you're doing just that.

Together again,
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2006, 11:40:28 AM »

The ending instrumentals (during the last verse) sounded different than i first thought when listening to the version with axl's vocals.... anyone else find them interesting?

now you know me better
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: