Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Axl's War Quote"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Axl's War Quote"  (Read 29777 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »

The Legend, you're right.? I have personally seen racism from people on BOTH the left and right in almost equal amounts.? That not only includes people that I have personally encountered, but also politicians (i.e. Robert Byrd, Cynthia McKinney, who are as racist as they come and are Democrats).? Are many of the ultra right-wing politicians and people racist/prejudiced?? Yes they are, but there are many people who claim to be leftists who are just as racist, whether some want to be believe it or not.? It works both ways.

Yup, the left is full of racism. hihi no
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2006, 12:02:04 AM »

I believe Axl's wording was:

"There's a war going on.... [something].... but I think you'd be a fuckin' asshole, not to fuckin' root for our SIDE!"

To huge cheers.

Axl has become older, wiser. More reflective. He's not the angry, young polarized white man anymore.

Which is great.

There is no DOUBT in my mind where he stands on the current Iraq war, or American politics in general for that matter.

That doesn't mean he doesn't support all the men and women over there getting blown to bits.

/RF

Axl may not have a strict political stance but he clearly leans conservative. He grew up in Indiana, right? What do you expect?

People take things to extremes. People mention Axl is homophobic and suddenly people start calling each other names and saying "that was misinterpreted, he loves Elton John" etc...

Homophobic is over-used. It doesn't mean you hate gays. It means you are either "scared" of them in some sense or do not support their lifestyle. Axl said in an interview that he acknowledges that he feels uneasy around gays because of childhood and early-'20s experiences.

Axl is wise not to speak out about his political stance or thoughts on controversial topics now because it would only add fuel to the fire for those who hate him. "Did you hear Axl say he doesn't support gay marriage?" would turn into "Axl hates gays." Media is terrible.
Brody
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:59 AM »

Axl's a rock star, not a political scientist. 

Neither are you.

And you are?

what was that comment he made about china hopefully getting democracy before CD came out? anyone remember that? I think if he was a bleeding heart liberal he wouldnt say that!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:23:50 AM by Brody » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2006, 03:46:17 AM »

And you are?

what was that comment he made about china hopefully getting democracy before CD came out? anyone remember that? I think if he was a bleeding heart liberal he wouldnt say that!

I dont think Axl said that.
it was by a reporter...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Brody
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2006, 05:02:24 AM »

And you are?

I dont think Axl said that.
it was by a reporter...

Oh yea thats right I think they asked him if democracy would come to china first before the album was released and he said hopefully.

Edit*

loder dude says CD will happen before Democracy comes to china, Axl replies yes unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKKo8QEqaU

Im not saying what axl's political veiws are cause i have no clue,
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:11:05 AM by Brody » Logged
realtime visionary
Opening Act

Now we all know better.

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2006, 09:13:28 PM »

As people have already said here, supporting our troops =/= supporting the war.

If Axl's a Democrat, he might agree with a few things on the Republican platform. If Axl's a Republican, he might agree with a few things on the Democratic platform. It's not as black and white as a lot of folks make it out to be, and Axl's opinions are rarely simple. It's likely that he takes aspects of each to support. He might not favor either party. He might not have voted at all. That doesn't mean he won't agree with certain things each side has to say.

Knowing you, it won't change a damn thing, but there was a time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2006, 11:47:01 PM »

Axl's a rock star, not a political scientist. 

Neither are you.

And you are?

You missed the point.

Go back and read.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2006, 11:47:58 PM »

The Legend, you're right.  I have personally seen racism from people on BOTH the left and right in almost equal amounts.  That not only includes people that I have personally encountered, but also politicians (i.e. Robert Byrd, Cynthia McKinney, who are as racist as they come and are Democrats).  Are many of the ultra right-wing politicians and people racist/prejudiced?  Yes they are, but there are many people who claim to be leftists who are just as racist, whether some want to be believe it or not.  It works both ways.

Yup, the left is full of racism. hihi no

Yea I hate Spanish people. Especially the women.

In particular Cubans...............
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2006, 11:49:32 PM »

I don't understand how people become so polarized with their views (political or otherwise.) When you close your mind to either side you end up blinding yourself. Its important to keep in touch.

Anyways, I'd like to hope Axl doesn't play politics and just votes/ stands up for what he believes in.

gnrevolution.com
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2006, 08:55:31 AM »

If you listen to Axl's lyrics and his interviews it is pretty clear that he has both conservative and liberal values.  Based on his childhood I could pretty much guarantee that the right wing conservative christians probably piss him off, and based on his lyrics/ interviews I dont think he is much of a tree hugging liberal pacifist either.  If anything he sounds more like a libertarian, he likes guns, hes clearly not against drugs, he believes in free speach clearly so if i were to guess I would guess hes a libertarian, but who knows? and truthfully who cares? 

The one thing that is clear is that Tommy Stinson is against the war in Iraq.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

I don't want to hear sh*t from Axl Rose on Iraq - really I don't - I've got my own opinions on it - he can have his -  If he hasn't said sh*t yet, chances are we are safe here -  I disagree that he's a Republican by the way
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: