Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  #2 All-Time Song in 2006 Countdown
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: #2 All-Time Song in 2006 Countdown  (Read 12162 times)
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 05:58:34 PM »

anyone know if GN'Rs KOHD beat Dylans?  hihi

my friend didnt even know it was a cover
he was even more suprised about LALD
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »

anyone know if GN'Rs KOHD beat Dylans?? hihi

my friend didnt even know it was a cover
he was even more suprised about LALD

The Live Era 87-93 version beats Dylan's.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 11:15:33 PM »

I grew up listening to KISW, they were a great station then and still are today, my cousin also used to DJ for them.  A big thanks to them for having 17 of GNR'S songs in their countdown, even if we don't all agree with some of the choices!!  Here's to KISW to Seattle and to GNR beer

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 04:07:40 AM »

Strange to see the Gnr Version of Sympathy For The Devil on there. Thought it was hated. Especially coz Estranged didn't make it. Apart from that, happy days beer

I never understood why Guns' cover of 'Sympathy' gets so much negativity. It was a great tune, that certaintly isn't in the top-tier of GNR's catalog, but certaintly was a great cover that did the Stones' original justice, and deserved to be on an album, instead of GH (  Roll Eyes ).

why is "stairway" allways nr1???

most overrated song ever

Most likely, yes. Granted 'Stairway' is a great song, but it's certaintly not Zeppelin's best.

At least Welcome to the Jungle placed higher than Smells Like Teen Spirit this year...

Thank god. It gets old, every single rank/list placing anything Nirvana did higher than GN'R.

Which Zeppelin song would you rate higher? Just because it's been played to death doesn't mean it's no their best song. I don't listen to it as often as many of their other songs, but I do consider it their best. Songs I would say rank near "Stairway" on my list:

"Heartbreaker," "Whole Lotta Love," "Dazed And Confused," "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You," "Communication Breakdown," "Over The Hills And Far Away," "Since I've Been Loving You," "Immigrant Song," "Tangerine," "Kashmir," "Trampled Underfoot," "No Quarter," fuck the list might as well keep going. It's tough to distinguish between their many, many great songs.

I will say that "Over The Hills And Far Away" is my favorite Zeppelin song although I think "Stairway" is a better song overall. I'm biased though b/c OTHAFA was the song that really turned me into a Zepaholic about 6 or 7 years ago. That was when I first started paying attention to music and it came on the radio. My dad told me that they were about to kick ass and I wanted to change the station thinking it sucked, but he told me to just leave it on there. So I did keep listening and was blown away at how great a song that was. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 04:11:10 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 05:50:49 AM »

Other GN'R tracks on the list:

838 SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL GUNS_N_ROSES
469 MY MICHELLE GUNS_N_ROSES
466 IT'S SO EASY GUNS_N_ROSES
453 NIGHTRAIN GUNS_N_ROSES
425 MR. BROWNSTONE GUNS_N_ROSES
419 PRETTY TIED UP GUNS_N_ROSES
417 USED TO LOVE HER GUNS_N_ROSES
366 CIVIL WAR GUNS_N_ROSES
363 ROCKET QUEEN GUNS_N_ROSES
333 DON'T CRY GUNS_N_ROSES
309 YOU COULD BE MINE GUNS_N_ROSES
259 LIVE AND LET DIE GUNS_N_ROSES
256 KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S D GUNS_N_ROSES
163 NOVEMBER RAIN GUNS_N_ROSES
95 PATIENCE GUNS_N_ROSES
24 PARADISE CITY GUNS_N_ROSES
14 SWEET CHILD O' MINE GUNS_N_ROSES

/jarmo

They added songs like Live And Let Die, Sympathy For The Devil, and Knockin' On Heavens Door, but not Estranged?

November rain should be top 10 confused

Also, very happy to see Man In The Box, Would? and Rooster all in the top 30 smoking
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:53:16 AM by TaCo » Logged

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 10:31:01 AM »

Strange to see the Gnr Version of Sympathy For The Devil on there. Thought it was hated. Especially coz Estranged didn't make it. Apart from that, happy days beer

I never understood why Guns' cover of 'Sympathy' gets so much negativity. It was a great tune, that certaintly isn't in the top-tier of GNR's catalog, but certaintly was a great cover that did the Stones' original justice, and deserved to be on an album, instead of GH (? Roll Eyes ).

most overrated song ever

Most likely, yes. Granted 'Stairway' is a great song, but it's certaintly not Zeppelin's best.

At least Welcome to the Jungle placed higher than Smells Like Teen Spirit this year...

Thank god. It gets old, every single rank/list placing anything Nirvana did higher than GN'R.

Which Zeppelin song would you rate higher? Just because it's been played to death doesn't mean it's no their best song. I don't listen to it as often as many of their other songs, but I do consider it their best. Songs I would say rank near "Stairway" on my list:

"Heartbreaker," "Whole Lotta Love," "Dazed And Confused," "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You," "Communication Breakdown," "Over The Hills And Far Away," "Since I've Been Loving You," "Immigrant Song," "Tangerine," "Kashmir," "Trampled Underfoot," "No Quarter," fuck the list might as well keep going. It's tough to distinguish between their many, many great songs.

I will say that "Over The Hills And Far Away" is my favorite Zeppelin song although I think "Stairway" is a better song overall. I'm biased though b/c OTHAFA was the song that really turned me into a Zepaholic about 6 or 7 years ago. That was when I first started paying attention to music and it came on the radio. My dad told me that they were about to kick ass and I wanted to change the station thinking it sucked, but he told me to just leave it on there. So I did keep listening and was blown away at how great a song that was.?

I personally think "Kashmir" is their best song.

jmo

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 11:58:34 AM »

I never understood why Guns' cover of 'Sympathy' gets so much negativity. It was a great tune, that certaintly isn't in the top-tier of GNR's catalog, but certaintly was a great cover that did the Stones' original justice, and deserved to be on an album, instead of GH (? Roll Eyes ).

most overrated song ever

I actually like Sympathy For The Devil too, particularly the solos, still a surprise to see it there. As for Stairway, I prefer the first three songs from Houses Of The Holy, and a few others, but I'm still not complaining about Stairway being no.1. Great song. And for a song which is so uncommercial to become the most played song ever on American radio is impressive.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 12:24:36 PM »

I never understood why Guns' cover of 'Sympathy' gets so much negativity. It was a great tune, that certaintly isn't in the top-tier of GNR's catalog, but certaintly was a great cover that did the Stones' original justice, and deserved to be on an album, instead of GH (  Roll Eyes ).

most overrated song ever

I will say that "Over The Hills And Far Away" is my favorite Zeppelin song although I think "Stairway" is a better song overall. I'm biased though b/c OTHAFA was the song that really turned me into a Zepaholic about 6 or 7 years ago. That was when I first started paying attention to music and it came on the radio. My dad told me that they were about to kick ass and I wanted to change the station thinking it sucked, but he told me to just leave it on there. So I did keep listening and was blown away at how great a song that was. 

I personally think "Kashmir" is their best song.

jmo

Nothin' wrong with that choice! They've got so many great ones it's not even funny. What do you think of "Achilles Last Stand"? I love that song. It's like "Coma" in that it's long as hell but kicks total ass at the same time.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »

If you wanna talk about Zeppelin do it in Bad Obsession
asianstyles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 08:51:36 PM »

Just to let you know, last year, Welcome to the Jungle was ranked #22. Guess what was in the #2 spot? Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Here is the link to last year's list if you are curious:

http://www.entercomseattle.com/top999/top999_001_099.htm

Also note that the list is based on listener votes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: