Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Axl has his say" - gunsnroses.com updated
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Axl has his say" - gunsnroses.com updated  (Read 7088 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« on: December 12, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081212&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

peace
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »

I think it's cool as hell that he/they included more than one forum.  So it wasn't an exclusive to one board.  Just basically an exclusive to the fans.  He started on mygnr, finished here, then the official GNR website gave a link to gnrevolution for the transcript from both from sites.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:44 PM »

main site says 'Axl Roses'

hihi

got a little chuckle outta me!
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »

I think the last 16 hours have really been great.  We were all thirsting for knowledge and what better way to let the truth be heard.  I would have never imagined that Axl's first interview after the album release would be an on-line meet and greet.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Pine Barrens
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »

Yeah, it was a pretty amazing to have been a part of. One minute you sitting here, sifting through topics, listening to CD, the next you get an email from your brother saying Axl's on mygnrforum.com chatting to fans. I hurried over there and then promptly came here when I realized he (Axl) might be making the rounds, and it sure paid off!  Smiley
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

Really cool that Axl did that. He caught everyone off guard, it kinda made me laugh. They didn't expect that. "Axl is an asshole, blah blah fuckin' blah". Well, he just proved you he's a normal guy answering fans questions. Wink
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:13:02 PM by Will » Logged

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:32:50 PM »

Good to see all this on the official site.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:37:29 PM »

thats awsome, I still can't believe Axl answered 3 of my questions..
what a fucking incredible night.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 01:52:13 AM »

Based on the link in the first post, and THE question that was asked, I think - overall - he answered it well.  Yeah, we would like to hear his take on things, and he's right - the answers to the questions probably deserve more than he can give right now - right here.  I'm interested to know what the issues are that are going to be a major focus over the next several weeks and months.   

What I do take exception to is that we've been told "a lot of things in order for others to promote themselves that factually they cannot back up in regard to either."   Goes on to say..."The record Chinese u may have is nothing short of a miracle in almost each and every way that either it or I exist imo under the bizarre and ugly conditions of the last over 15yrs."

So, anyone who has talked about why the old band lineup dissolved and why it took so long for Chinese Democracy to be released, he's basically saying - the way I interpret it - is that whatever anyone else has said, about this, was to promote themselves and was bogus.  Further, the 15 yr delay for CD is because of the legal entanglements he's had with, well, you know who.  So, is he blaming the 15 yr delay on former band members?  Sounds like it. 

Respectfully, I don't see it or understand...but I wasn't there, so...   

Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 02:40:30 AM »

Based on the link in the first post, and THE question that was asked, I think - overall - he answered it well.  Yeah, we would like to hear his take on things, and he's right - the answers to the questions probably deserve more than he can give right now - right here.  I'm interested to know what the issues are that are going to be a major focus over the next several weeks and months.   

What I do take exception to is that we've been told "a lot of things in order for others to promote themselves that factually they cannot back up in regard to either."   Goes on to say..."The record Chinese u may have is nothing short of a miracle in almost each and every way that either it or I exist imo under the bizarre and ugly conditions of the last over 15yrs."

So, anyone who has talked about why the old band lineup dissolved and why it took so long for Chinese Democracy to be released, he's basically saying - the way I interpret it - is that whatever anyone else has said, about this, was to promote themselves and was bogus.  Further, the 15 yr delay for CD is because of the legal entanglements he's had with, well, you know who.  So, is he blaming the 15 yr delay on former band members?  Sounds like it. 

But also, you may be reading too much into words that Axl deliberately kept vague to avoid just such speculation and assumption.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 02:52:49 AM »

Very true.  I probably am reading too much into his words.  Still, just had to say, though.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 03:30:02 AM »

No, I believe that legal issues with former band members had something to do with it but not everything.
There are also issues with cancelled shows, promoters, various venues and other minor and useless lawsuits which all add up to a huge time sink!
Plus it's not really a 15 year delay.. the earliest they could have release an album is 1997ish, according to my thinking anyway..

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pine Barrens
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 04:19:06 AM »

There seem to have been a lot of (mis-) management issues over the years as well. I am sure there are countless factors, beyond our wildest calculations, which contributed to the many delays over the years. But seeing how CD was finally released, hopefully Axl has found a formula for getting his music out there (albeit judging from his statements last night regarding the issues with the booklet, cover art etc. it might be a formula in constant progress and in need of being perfected). But I must admit that CD has made me greedy. I want more and I want it now (well, at least next year)!  Smiley
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 04:49:17 AM »

thats awsome, I still can't believe Axl answered 3 of my questions..
what a fucking incredible night.

well I am also glad 3 of Your questions were answered, but it was kinnda, like, hard not to... You repeated Yourself like a broken record and also used bold and colors... not that I care, but I think it was unfair to the other fans (I really don't care if my questions were left unanswered) who tried to get some answers... we could all start using bold, font size and colors (I actually did use green in one question  Embarrassed ) and Dexter would feel like in amusement park.

again, no hard feelings and it was a great historical moment and nothing could spoil it for me, but I just wanted to let You know  peace
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 09:08:53 AM »

damn, i missed it, I was working on my music theory project for the last couple nights. This is still bad ass though.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

damn, i missed it, I was working on my music theory project for the last couple nights. This is still bad ass though.

it's still happening right now over at cd.com!
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »

Still cant believe he came here... *just floored*
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:28 AM »

it's still happening right now over at cd.com!

I think they locked it up so Axl could get to the ones already asked.
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 10:28:31 AM »

That's really great from Axl! Really brilliant!
Too bad for me: I missed it... I was probably sleeping or working on some poetry when it happened...
Anyway, what was said during those little interviews is interesting and inspiring, to say the least. And the whole concept of those impromptu interviews conducted directly with the fans when everybody was expecting Axl to do an interview with some major musical newspaper is brilliant: typical of Guns greatness and unpredictability.

Well, thanks again, Mr Rose: that's the kind of thing that makes one proud to have never lost faith in you, despite all the problems that have occurred during the last 15 years!
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »

I have so say a big well done all around.

Reading the threads at HTGTH, MYGNR and CD.com the last couple of days has been fantastic.  I'm extremely impressed not only with the Admins, Moderators and Axl for the hard work involved, but the way the fans have handled themselves in these threads.

It's long been thought that if Axl turned up on these boards, the users would be uncontrollable and cause offense to him, and embarrassment to the rest of us.  This turned out to be completely unfounded, there has been healthy respect in both directions and the resulting discussions and communication I think has been a very positive experience for all involved.

ok  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: