Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Pakistani Review for CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Pakistani Review for CD  (Read 1819 times)
rabia
Rocker

« on: December 13, 2008, 03:12:58 AM »

Guns'n'Roses: Chinese Democracy ? 5/5

If rock'n'roll is in its dying days, then Axl Rose certainly hasn't heard about it. The much talked about, long awaited release for ?Chinese Democracy' had turned into comic fodder for late night talk show hosts, but in true rock 'n' roll fashion, Axl has delivered and what a knockout punch it is.

?Chinese Democracy? is as tough as nails, hard and uncompromising. To put it simply, it rocks harder than anything we've heard in the last 5 years. Axl Rose is the sole survivor of the legendary lineup of the original Guns'N'Roses and one would imagine they would be hard to replace. Indeed they are, for Axl replaces the twin guitar attack of Slash and Izzy Stradlin with an entire army of guitars. Track after track we're treated to a sonic assault from multi-layered riffs and walls of distorted chords.

He's also shown he can stay current by creating a menacing industrial rock atmosphere, and this is what really hits hard, especially on the title track ?Chinese Democracy?. The song takes no prisoners with its violent, relentless guitar stabs and dance metal groove.

But it?s not all a wall of noise. The quiet intro to ?Better? with Axl crooning over a drum machine beat lulls us into a sway before erupting into the familiar G'n'R chorus while ?There was A Time? sounds almost like Elton John, with it's sweeping choirs and full strength orchestra.

It may have taken 13 years to make, but it's almost as if Axl has been vindicated by putting out an album that might seem over produced to some but to me it stands as a grand masterpiece. But what I appreciated most about the album was that in the end, Axl still does care if you like it or not. And to me, that is rock'n'roll.

http://www.cityfm89.com/website/sensepostview.aspx?pid=471
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 03:54:03 AM »

Thanks that was pretty good, kind of surprising to come from Pakistan.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 04:07:40 AM »

Guns have a LOTTT of fans in pakistan. before MTV Asia was replaced by Channel V in 94 or 95, MTV Most Wanted used to play GNR videos every single day without fail because there were so many requests.  ok

one of the biggest rock bands in pakistan is called Noori and its members have said that GNR were their inspiration for becoming rock musicians.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:28:46 AM »

Cool review.

And there goes the challenger...
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »

hey im pakistani...and thats a cool review....im gona take my mate to watch a rock concert when gnr come to england...hope they do...he wants to experience the rock atmosphere...and gnr will produce a fantastic show....and experience lol/.
SoulMonster
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »

Thanks that was pretty good, kind of surprising to come from Pakistan.

Why?

Not every Muslim country is the way the controlled US media is portraying, you know.

Ya ya, you gonna say I'm overreacting but that comment from you was just ignorant.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »

Jesus- I'm ready to move to Pakistan after THAT review. ok

LOL at the rest of the world rocking 10000000 x more than the US. They must look at us and be like... "Wow. What happened to America? What a bunch of emo wuss-bags?" hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: