Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Cards Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cards Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3886 times)
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« on: October 20, 2006, 12:24:47 AM »

To paraphrase Bob Uecker in "Major League", Oh my God, the Cardinals win the pennant!!!!!!!  beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:41:20 AM »

yes they did, stupid mets and their dead bats.. Congrats
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 08:50:01 AM »

LOOKING?

bases loaded, 2 outs, and he goes down looking?

game 7.....LOOKING?

are you kidding me?

i'm glad i don't have to listen to all my NY friends brag today.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 08:56:56 AM »

After "the catch" in the 6th...I thought the Mets were the team of destiny.

Then, in the bottom half of the 6th, they blew a perfect opportunity to put the cards away (or, at least put them behind the 8 ball).? And I felt the momentum shift again.

It was a great game, though.? The NLCS, for sure, has been the highlight of the post season from a pure baseball perspective.?

Now lets see what the Cards can do against a dangerous, well-rested Detroit team who's won 7 straight.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 09:20:01 AM »

After "the catch" in the 6th...I thought the Mets were the team of destiny.

Then, in the bottom half of the 6th, they blew a perfect opportunity to put the cards away (or, at least put them behind the 8 ball).? And I felt the momentum shift again.

It was a great game, though.? The NLCS, for sure, has been the highlight of the post season from a pure baseball perspective.?

Now lets see what the Cards can do against a dangerous, well-rested Detroit team who's won 7 straight.....

couldn't agree more. that catch literally got me out of my seat (by former phillie endy chavez).

and the drama in the 9th was awesome. i thought the mets had it. wainwright fell behind 1-0 to every batter except beltran (i think). and his fast ball was high. but that breaking ball was on. some of those pitches were nasty.

i think the tigers will win in 5. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »

Crushing loss last night, like a punch in the stomach.  Perez surprised everyone and came through big time, Chavez makes probably the best postseason catch of all time, but the bats were dead all night.  Was painful to watch.  And Beltran? I don't know that I can even rationally discuss his last at-bat. 3 pitches, 3 strikes?  Are you serious?  If you don't come through, so be it, but at least give a quality at-bat in that situation!  Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!    rant crying

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

I like the Cards and think they have the best uniform in baseball. I like the team, the manager, and the front office. I like the city and the stadium. But I am an American League fan and I think Leyland has done a great job with the Tigers, and so I will be rooting for  Detroit.
In any event, congrats to the Cardinals. I was happy to see a midwest team win over NY.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 12:53:58 PM »

I like the Cards and think they have the best uniform in baseball. I like the team, the manager, and the front office. I like the city and the stadium. But I am an American League fan and I think Leyland has done a great job with the Tigers, and so I will be rooting for? Detroit.
In any event, congrats to the Cardinals. I was happy to see a midwest team win over NY.

I would agree in every single way...except for the last sentence. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 06:47:33 PM »

Crushing loss last night, like a punch in the stomach.? Perez surprised everyone and came through big time, Chavez makes probably the best postseason catch of all time, but the bats were dead all night.? Was painful to watch.? And Beltran? I don't know that I can even rationally discuss his last at-bat. 3 pitches, 3 strikes?? Are you serious?? If you don't come through, so be it, but at least give a quality at-bat in that situation!? Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!? ? rant crying

True but Wainwright threw him a sick Curveball for strike 3, not much he could do with.

Wow, 83 wins during the regular season and going to the World Series.

The two teams who stumbled the final weeks of the season prove that when the postseason starts everything that happened during the regular season is a distant memory.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 10:40:55 PM »

Congrats to the Cards for winning it all. I did not watch any games but followed the stats in the paper. Leyland made a HUGE mistake in not pitching Rogers in game 4. He kept saying, "we have 3 more games." But that was not the point. The point was the Tigers had one game not be down 3-1. Crucial mistake.
axlslasher
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 10:52:01 PM »

Congrats to the Cards!!!!! I was hoping they would win since my team sucked this year. Braves
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: