Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  the official GRINDHOUSE thread tarantino/rodriguez horror flick(s)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the official GRINDHOUSE thread tarantino/rodriguez horror flick(s)  (Read 8971 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 09:13:04 PM »

nah they were expecting it to make 25-30 million...this film was a bomb...which is disappointing because i loved it
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 11:08:58 PM »

More woes for Quentin Tarantino on the heels of the dismal $12 million debut of Grindhouse: A group of film students are charging that the director ripped off their concept. "Quentin Tarantino is a thieving piece of s---, and he knows it. He stole Grindhouse from a bunch of kids who were just asking for his help, and he helped them by stealing their title and concept," writes Stephen Tramontana, a film student who made an indie film called Grindhouse back in 2003. Tramontana and company say they asked Tarantino to view their film, and he declined; they later FedEx'd a copy of the movie and the movie poster to him and never got a response. Two years later, Tramontana sees a Variety article announcing Tarantino's Grindhouse project, and is outraged. "I was heartbroken," Tramontana writes on his website. "One of my heroes had ripped us off ? It sucks, because now I'm that guy. I'm that guy stating that a big Hollywood player ripped off my idea." Hmmm. At any rate, curious moviewatchers can take a peek at the indie Grindhouse at Tramontana's website, for a mere 99 cents.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2007, 02:15:56 AM »

oh man, tarantino ripping ideas off Huh that's something new ...... ?-?  hihi hihi hihi hihi

chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 02:49:49 AM »

I loved grindhouse my fav was death proof since I am a huge mopar fan I loved every second fo that movie esp. the references to the vanishing point & dirty marrie and crazy larry.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2007, 03:15:07 AM »

More woes for Quentin Tarantino on the heels of the dismal $12 million debut of Grindhouse: A group of film students are charging that the director ripped off their concept. "Quentin Tarantino is a thieving piece of s---, and he knows it. He stole Grindhouse from a bunch of kids who were just asking for his help, and he helped them by stealing their title and concept," writes Stephen Tramontana, a film student who made an indie film called Grindhouse back in 2003. Tramontana and company say they asked Tarantino to view their film, and he declined; they later FedEx'd a copy of the movie and the movie poster to him and never got a response. Two years later, Tramontana sees a Variety article announcing Tarantino's Grindhouse project, and is outraged. "I was heartbroken," Tramontana writes on his website. "One of my heroes had ripped us off ? It sucks, because now I'm that guy. I'm that guy stating that a big Hollywood player ripped off my idea." Hmmm. At any rate, curious moviewatchers can take a peek at the indie Grindhouse at Tramontana's website, for a mere 99 cents.

I took then this long to say something about this.... Roll Eyes

Also nice to see their trying to make a buck of their flick though.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 02:59:52 PM »

Man, Quentin and Rodriguez have been talking about making exploitation flicks since they teamed up for From Dusk till Dawn.  They didnt rip anything off.  This guy just wants some free publicity.  He is using the fact that the movies have the same title, thats all. 
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »

Man, Quentin and Rodriguez have been talking about making exploitation flicks since they teamed up for From Dusk till Dawn.  They didnt rip anything off.  This guy just wants some free publicity.  He is using the fact that the movies have the same title, thats all. 

pretty damn much . Plus they will probable get a few peeps to check out their little indie film for a buck.....so making a few bucks too.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 08:18:10 PM »

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is planning to re-release Grindhouse as two separate films - after the double-bill flopped at the box office. The film, a double-feature directed by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez made just $11.6 million in its opening weekend in the US. Producer Weinstein is disappointed - and thinks Tarantino's Death Proof, starring Kurt Russell, and Rodriguez' Planet Terror, with Rose McGowan, will perform better on their own. He tells PageSix.com, "I don't think people understood what we were doing. The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2007, 01:51:32 AM »

I hope the two keep making movies with the "grindhouse" theme.

But Taratino said his next flick is going to be a "dirty dozen"/"great escape" themed WWII flick. should be cool.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2007, 02:42:54 AM »

But Taratino said his next flick is going to be a "dirty dozen"/"great escape" themed WWII flick. should be cool.

he has been talking about that flick for a long time now....

Dude need to get off his ass with the kill bill directors cut .. rant rant

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »

Taratino said his next flick is going to be a "dirty dozen"/"great escape" themed WWII flick. should be cool.
Ahhh...is that the "Inglorious Bastards" one with Michael Madsen?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2007, 06:57:38 PM »

he has also talked about "The Vega Brothers" with John Travolta and Michael Madsen, Vincent and Vic Vega. honestly tho they seem a little old for that but it should be cool.

he always talks about tons of projects tho, like the Kill Bill prequel?/sequel? and inglorious bastards and now the vega brothers.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »

Taratino said his next flick is going to be a "dirty dozen"/"great escape" themed WWII flick. should be cool.
Ahhh...is that the "Inglorious Bastards" one with Michael Madsen?

Yeah thats the one cant wait for that to happen as for Directors cut of Kill Bill yeah i want that as well
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: