Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would a gaureenteed release date 2 years from now be better then guessing?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would a gaureenteed release date 2 years from now be better then guessing?  (Read 2353 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« on: September 08, 2004, 03:50:40 AM »

I just thought I would see what others think. If Axl was to come out and give a gaurenteed release date 2 years from now, The copies would come out on that day, Sept 8, 2006 would you prefer this then guessing day to day from the interviews the members hint at?

To me I would. I have been waiting and will continue to wait. Waiting is not the hardest thing for me. The hard thing is not knowing how long I got to wait. It may come out this year or early next which would be great. But I would rather just get an official date from AXL so I know when the wait will be over, I think that way the weight wouldnt seem so bad.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 04:02:59 AM »

2 more years without with out justification wouldnt be good enough, at the moment we`re waiting for an announcement so we know how long to wait for cd - of course a guarenteed date is what we are ultimately looking at.
I wouldnt say we`re all guessing when it`ll be out (of course some are on here) but the way i see it we`re waiting 3months in advance, until the date comes. I think i would prefer to keep looking at it as 2-3months ahead, rather than 24 months away. It`ll happen at some point, i hope its sooner rather than later. But chill out  Smiley
fixintodie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 04:36:18 AM »

Part of me says yes, but what the hell would we talk about then?  nervous I'm still hoping for a single this year, at the very least.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 09:27:12 AM »

yes definately, we'll get it at least, we won't the way things are going now.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 11:13:49 AM »

YES!
anything is better rhan the present situation.
Gnr is an almost unknown term ("current" status wise)

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 11:33:58 AM »

Any day now

EEEERRRR Little boy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 11:35:52 AM »

the info we have know is really no different that 2 years ago or 10 years ago. I don't see any reason why NOW we need a definate release date. It'll hapen when it happens. Haven't we learned that yet? rofl

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 01:34:33 PM »

That's a pretty good question. My answer is yes, I would like to get a guaranteed release date, even if it was two years in the future (although, it would have to come from a future-seeing space station, or martian computers, because even though Axl is behind this whole recording process, I don't think even he'll know when it's coming out until the date he announces it.) I would like to have known back in 1999, when we first heard about Bucket and OMG and the album title, that there were no vocals, no lyrics (in most cases), no completed band tracks, and probably even no sign that any of these things would be completed anytime soon, rather than thinking that an album would be coming "pretty soon" -- which was the implication from OMG, the Vegas and Rio shows, the VMA appearance, and the 2002 tour.

I've seen enough.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 01:46:16 PM »

I prefer the current situation. There's always hope.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 02:17:06 PM »

It wouldn't be better. This way, we would only be guaranteed of absolutely no news for those two years.

Part of me says yes, but what the hell would we talk about then?? nervous I'm still hoping for a single this year, at the very least.

We'd have plenty to talk about: The back and forth banter between people who believe the guaranteed release date an those who don't, the good old days, and Axl's hair.

Then, when something came up to delay the album in 2 years we'd talk about that!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 02:51:35 PM »

Axl would just delay or die before that deadline was reached. Any assurance he says is worthless

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 02:39:09 AM »

i would be skeptical and would not trust the release date jus cause it would be to far out into the future and anything could happen, this is gnr, it could still get pushed back nothing is ever a gaurentee but i would like gnr to keep their fans more updated on where they are in the process and what their doing with the album

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: