Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would only 12 tracks on CD disappoint any of you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: would only 12 tracks on CD disappoint any of you?  (Read 13414 times)
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2004, 01:49:22 PM »

I agree, I'd rather have more rockers. But I don't dislike the epics.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2004, 01:51:47 PM »

I won't? be dissapointed with 12 songs, as long as they are good and are not all 8 minute long.? If GNR had made UYI one 12 song album and had picked their best 12 it would be thought of today in the same light as AFD.? I am really hoping that the number of "epic" songs is around 2 and the number of shorter rockers is like 14.? I prefer the rockers to the ballads and the epics.

Someone said that Maddy has to be considered an epic.? I disagree.? First off I don't like the song that much as we have heard it to date, and secondly that MLK/voice overdub stuff just removes any epicness that it could potentially have.?

I think we are in for more than my desired 2 epic songs though, especially if the rumors of up to 8 orchestrated numbers are true.? ?

Let's hope it isn't 12 songs long with 8 orchestrated numbers.? I can listen to Beethoven if I want classical music.

-TyRod-

That's how I feel myself..
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2004, 12:37:20 AM »

This is a question someone should ask tommy or dizzy.
How many tracks on CD

lol - they had to go to LA just to find out what the songs sound like! They have no idea about anything to do with the album, they are truly hilarious as a ''band''
Nothing wrong with GUNS 4' HIRE. It's all good but I agree I doubt they have any idea what CD finished product will be like. But If Axl put the 6 new tracks (omg, mad., the blues, silkworms, Rhiads, chinese democracry) plus 6 new songs with HIM singing I will be greatful. I just want to hear his voice rocking out some new shit. It seems If CD dont come out I am just gonna end up with more and more old demos. Hollywood Roses, Rapidfire (if they come out). i just want some new music with Axl's voice where my $12 goes to him, not someone trying to jerk off some money off his fame.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2004, 01:23:03 AM »

only thing that would disappoint me about 12 songs is if the 6 we've heard are on there, that means we've already heard and wore out half the album

so if those 6 are on there im hopin for more than 12.

well 5 theres no way in hell OMG will be on CD if it is im gonna be disappointed cause that would mean in my opinion they didnt have the abundance of material thats been rumored, i also dont think silkworms will be on there simply cause chris and dizzy wrote it and tommy said each song was written pretty much by the whole band
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 01:26:32 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2004, 01:31:09 AM »

i might be dissapointed but at the moment probably i wouldnt care, as to what would be better rockers or epics, how bout rocker epics, frankly though i enjoy both so a good mix would be best in my view

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2004, 01:47:36 AM »

im expecting 'round 18-20 trax, if only 12 then they would wanna be long songs Tongue

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
estranged.1098
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2004, 02:22:59 AM »

I won't? be dissapointed with 12 songs, as long as they are good and are not all 8 minute long.? If GNR had made UYI one 12 song album and had picked their best 12 it would be thought of today in the same light as AFD.? I am really hoping that the number of "epic" songs is around 2 and the number of shorter rockers is like 14.? I prefer the rockers to the ballads and the epics.

Someone said that Maddy has to be considered an epic.? I disagree.? First off I don't like the song that much as we have heard it to date, and secondly that MLK/voice overdub stuff just removes any epicness that it could potentially have.?

I think we are in for more than my desired 2 epic songs though, especially if the rumors of up to 8 orchestrated numbers are true.? ?

Let's hope it isn't 12 songs long with 8 orchestrated numbers.? I can listen to Beethoven if I want classical music.

-TyRod-

Oh please. The Blues and Madagascar are two of the "orchestrated numbers", doesn't mean they're classical music.
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2004, 03:34:31 AM »

-TyRod-

Oh please. The Blues and Madagascar are two of the "orchestrated numbers", doesn't mean they're classical music.

and secondly that MLK/voice overdub stuff just removes any epicness that it could potentially have.?

why is that ?? i think that part is what makes the song EPIC.
MLK is a legend....it makes the song legendary  Tongue
Maybe some people still want OIAM. hihi

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
journey
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2004, 03:43:36 AM »

Twelve would be great. It has to do with quality not quantity.  peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2004, 03:49:20 AM »

once again i hate when people refer to the madagascar quotes as MLK quotes! there are like a total of only 2 or 3 MLK quotes in the whole thing, does that mean we can call it the micheal J fox quotes?

those quotes i didnt like at first i admit but it was only cause i didnt fully understand what they were suppose to mean. Now that i know that they tell a story and have a valid meaning i think they are really awesome and are very meaningful.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2004, 04:58:05 AM »

I want to know what Tommy means by "Earth Shattering" I am so looking forward to hearing as is everyone on this board I hope I think we will get about 16-18 songs didn't Axl mention a bonus disc? A while back.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2004, 03:37:55 PM »

once again i hate when people refer to the madagascar quotes as MLK quotes! there are like a total of only 2 or 3 MLK quotes in the whole thing, does that mean we can call it the micheal J fox quotes?

those quotes i didnt like at first i admit but it was only cause i didnt fully understand what they were suppose to mean. Now that i know that they tell a story and have a valid meaning i think they are really awesome and are very meaningful.

i can honestly say i have no idea what you're talki9ng about headscratch

It's evolution, baby!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2004, 04:05:34 PM »

He means that people shouldn't lable it as: "just some qoutes from mjk" but that the qoutes are beeing used as autobiografy. The qoutes are about himself.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2004, 06:04:37 PM »

If it's a choice between an album with 12 great songs and an album with 12 great songs + 6 mediocre songs (for 18 total), I'd actually prefer a 12-song album.

I'd also say that, if he leaves some really great material off in order to keep a certain vibe for the album, that's a great move.

I still think UYI could have been a tighter album if it had merely been resequenced and possibly shortened. Addition by subtraction, I think they call it.

I've seen enough.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2004, 06:28:24 PM »

He means that people shouldn't lable it as: "just some qoutes from mjk" but that the qoutes are beeing used as autobiografy. The qoutes are about himself.

yeah.. realized that when i heard "all men betray.. all lose heart" and i knew he was referring to his ex-band mates..

and like i said.. i dont care how many songs are on it.. its better to have 5 November Rains than 18 My Worlds..  nervous

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2004, 09:04:35 PM »

only thing that would disappoint me about 12 songs is if the 6 we've heard are on there, that means we've already heard and wore out half the album

so if those 6 are on there im hopin for more than 12.

well 5 theres no way in hell OMG will be on CD if it is im gonna be disappointed cause that would mean in my opinion they didnt have the abundance of material thats been rumored, i also dont think silkworms will be on there simply cause chris and dizzy wrote it and tommy said each song was written pretty much by the whole band

Agree with you completely. I could do without OMG, rhiad, and the blues if I can hear something new in its place.  If Maddie and CD are the only previously heard songs, I will be esctatic with 12.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2004, 09:22:59 PM »

I honestly dont care how many tracks are on CD. I hope the studio version of the blues is included in CD. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Axl threw in his "trump" card and gave us a double disk. Also the record company has invested millions into Axl and CD so it wouldnt surprise me if they would try to pull for a double disk. Again I dont care if CD is 7 tracks or 25 tracks I know Axl will deliver and if we do get a double disk, updated website with exclusives, DVD or etc that is just makes the pie sweeter.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2004, 10:15:06 PM »

Those are the two songs I've heard so far that I like the least.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 10:17:58 PM by TyRod Tulip » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2004, 11:19:49 PM »

Those are the two songs I've heard so far that I like the least.

LOL. Well, i've got some news for you, you probably won't like this album then. LOL>

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2004, 06:23:53 AM »

May they get more time with the new digital studios?
Any technical genies?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: