Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:46:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would only 12 tracks on CD disappoint any of you?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: would only 12 tracks on CD disappoint any of you?  (Read 13415 times)
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2004, 07:55:15 AM »

If it's a choice between an album with 12 great songs and an album with 12 great songs + 6 mediocre songs (for 18 total), I'd actually prefer a 12-song album.

I'd also say that, if he leaves some really great material off in order to keep a certain vibe for the album, that's a great move.

I still think UYI could have been a tighter album if it had merely been resequenced and possibly shortened. Addition by subtraction, I think they call it.

same here, 16-18 tracks might mean too many fillers - particulary if they are planning to spread those so-called 'big guns' over 3 albums.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2004, 08:40:51 AM »

I want at least 14 songs. And i don't want them ALL 7-9 minute masterpieces. I want a few good 4-5 minute rockers. After all Guns N' Roses are a fuckin rock band

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2004, 11:52:30 AM »

1 track on any cd would please me at the moment!

Here today...ready to rock
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2004, 09:56:04 PM »

anyone with half a brain realizes 10-12 songs can already be downloaded off the internet so the album is basically in existance already..... and I would rather buy an album that took 10 years to produce that has 10 amazing tracks, than to buy a rushed money grabber cd that took 10 monthes to produce and has 1 good song (Contraband)

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2004, 10:16:33 PM »

anyone with half a brain realizes 10-12 songs can already be downloaded off the internet so the album is basically in existance already..... and I would rather buy an album that took 10 years to produce that has 10 amazing tracks, than to buy a rushed money grabber cd that took 10 monthes to produce and has 1 good song (Contraband)

10-12 songs? damn what site do u go to bro? fill me in! those songs are fake by the way, there are only 6 new GNR songs available for download, maddy,blues,chinese democracy,rhiad,silkworms and oh my god

if u know where 4 to 6 more are, i wouldnt tell anyone, id burn em and sell em

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2004, 10:41:31 PM »

Oh my God is not a new track, its from the End of Days Soundtrack... but the songs you can find all over the internet are Dust In the Wind, Anybody, Chinese Democracy, Crash- Diet, Just Another Sunday, Madagascar, My Fellow Americans, Rhiad and the Bedouins, Silk Worms and The Blues..... there's 10 right there.  smoking

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2004, 11:11:04 PM »

Where to begin?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2004, 11:18:12 PM »

Where to begin?

just let it go oneway! hahaha just let it go!

those other songs u mentioned were use your illusion out takes

ive never heard of anybody and my fellow americans isnt a chinese democracy track

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2004, 03:11:32 AM »

You forgot "MY Favourite Pillow" so that makes 11. Tongue

My Favourite Pillow, Anybody, OMG, Silkworms, Riyadh and My Fellow Americans on an album? Could have been the greatest GN'R record ever!  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2004, 04:12:56 PM »

one of the things that bothers me most is how some people damn Chinese Democracy before we ever hear a note.

its like no matter how great chinese democracy is, it can never be as great as afd or the illusions or the old gnr.

why cant it?

why cant the new gnr destroy and bury the old gnr by creating an album so awesome it blows away anything GNR have ever done?

I know it would be very very hard but until i hear the cd im not gonna make it come up short just because i have blind loyalty to the old gnr.

some people regardless of how great CD is will never give it its full credit because their minds are already made up. i dont think thats fair.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

one of the things that bothers me most is how some people damn Chinese Democracy before we ever hear a note.

its like no matter how great chinese democracy is, it can never be as great as afd or the illusions or the old gnr.

why cant it?

why cant the new gnr destroy and bury the old gnr by creating an album so awesome it blows away anything GNR have ever done?

I know it would be very very hard but until i hear the cd im not gonna make it come up short just because i have blind loyalty to the old gnr.

some people regardless of how great CD is will never give it its full credit because their minds are already made up. i dont think thats fair.

I'll give the chance to CD, I'll 'listen without prejudice'. I hope it'll be great... But I fear Axl ruined his carreer with this 11 years of silence, the public missed his best years. Now it's time to release what he wrote in that decade.

But I doubt that CD will top the first GN'R-era for me: 'cause there is no Slash. (On the other hand: when I hear Slash's records I always miss Axl.) CD can be great, Guns N' Roses can be huge again, but it'll be something different. First, there could have been some musical changes I don't really like (OMG, Silkworms), second, I fell in love with GN'R's music when I was 13-years old. First love, yeah, my Bon Jovi experience was just a flirt? Grin So I'm much older now and I really don't think I'll find any music that's mean so much for me than AFD, Lies and the UYIs. Even if the old band reunites someday, it won't be the same... but if anything can be that huge for me than GN'R was then it'll be the reuinon. When hell freezes over...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: