Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:22:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would it p*ss you off if GnR released a EP?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would it p*ss you off if GnR released a EP?  (Read 11287 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: November 06, 2004, 06:08:03 AM »

I have been predicting this for quite some time, and the longer we wait the more likely it will happen.There is just too much hype and too much pressure for anything called 'chinese democracy' to come out. I believe that by next summer we will probably get a single. Most likely 'The Blues' since Axl will want to see if he can go mainstream once again. It will either be on a soundtrack, or in my opinion, a self titled EP with about 6 or 7 songs on it.And this EP wont be for us fans, but to satisfy his record company. And with an EP out in the stores, Axl can delay 'chinese democracy' a few more years. My EP theory isnt that far fetched. The hysteria after AFD is why Lies was released. They put out'Lies' to shut everyone up while they tried making 'Illusions'. I think the same thing may happen this time. And if the coming EP doesnt sell well, GOD help us all!! Cause if it doesnt sell well, we will never see 'chinese democracy'.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 06:19:48 AM »

I really can't see that happening, but who knows.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 06:34:52 AM »

I have been predicting this for quite some time, and the longer we wait the more likely it will happen.There is just too much hype and too much pressure for anything called 'chinese democracy' to come out. I believe that by next summer we will probably get a single. Most likely 'The Blues' since Axl will want to see if he can go mainstream once again. It will either be on a soundtrack, or in my opinion, a self titled EP with about 6 or 7 songs on it.And this EP wont be for us fans, but to satisfy his record company. And with an EP out in the stores, Axl can delay 'chinese democracy' a few more years. My EP theory isnt that far fetched. The hysteria after AFD is why Lies was released. They put out'Lies' to shut everyone up while they tried making 'Illusions'. I think the same thing may happen this time.

That's why they released Live Era 5 years ago...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mrsrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 06:54:59 AM »

we will never see 'chinese democracy'.

thats right
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »

wow,  Shocked

step away from that crack-pipe...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 09:57:11 AM »

sorry, but your theory is crap... it will never happen
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 10:28:44 AM »

I have been predicting this for quite some time, and the longer we wait the more likely it will happen.  You think hihi

I will die some day ,everything happens if we wait long enough..
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 04:16:10 PM »

It would be a dumb move to release an EP.  We have all been waiting for a stellar album and an EP would be a letdown. If Axl needs a couple more years to finish Chinese Democracy, he is more fucked up than I thought.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 04:24:49 PM »

I remember when The Prodigy released singles at least a year before the album was out.

If GN'R was planning on releasing the album in early 2005, they could put out a single/EP before Christmas.

One studio track, add some live tracks and/or remixes to it.

Like this:

1 - New track
2 - Oh My God (Rock N' Roll remix) [for people who think Axl is too deep in the industrial genre Wink ]
3 - Rhiad & The Bedouins (Live in Las Vegas 2001) [it's probably not gonna be on CD anyway]
4 - New track (live in the studio or alternative version)
5 - Photo gallery [Robin could take care of this  Cool ]

Put the new track on Itunes as well.

That would be a nice Christmas gift.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Cold Heartbreaker
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Motherfucker!!! ~ Viva La Rock! :P

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 05:17:46 PM »

I have been predicting this for quite some time, and the longer we wait the more likely it will happen.There is just too much hype and too much pressure for anything called 'chinese democracy' to come out. I believe that by next summer we will probably get a single. Most likely 'The Blues' since Axl will want to see if he can go mainstream once again. It will either be on a soundtrack, or in my opinion, a self titled EP with about 6 or 7 songs on it.And this EP wont be for us fans, but to satisfy his record company. And with an EP out in the stores, Axl can delay 'chinese democracy' a few more years. My EP theory isnt that far fetched. The hysteria after AFD is why Lies was released. They put out'Lies' to shut everyone up while they tried making 'Illusions'. I think the same thing may happen this time.

and GH this year  Wink

Cold Heartbreaker

Check us out on DirectConnect++ at chinesedemocracy.myip.org

Share/Download GN'R stuff!!!
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 12:47:28 AM »

Yeah and why they releases "Oh my God" tick tock tick tock

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »

Axl needs to release a single to generate some hype. Even if the record isnt finished, Axl needs to get some music out there. Even if Axl feels he doesnt need to do anything for anyone, for credibilitys sake, he does.

Thats how huge bands in the past (Beatles, Beach Boys, Jacko, Velvet Revolver) did it when they couldnt finish a record. Release a song that you have finished. It helps keep the pressure off.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 04:49:57 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 04:59:43 PM »

Axl needs to release a single to generate some hype. Even if the record isnt finished, Axl needs to get some music out there. Even if Axl feels he doesnt need to do anything for anyone, for credibilitys sake, he does.

Thats how huge bands in the past (Beatles, Beach Boys, Jacko, Velvet Revolver) did it when they couldnt finish a record. Release a song that you have finished. It helps keep the pressure off.

I seem to be forgeting VR doing that. If you say they released set me free because they couldn't make a record im going to get really angry

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 05:28:13 PM »

jabba's not saying that they couldn't make a record, he's saying that they couldn't finish a record at that point in time.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2004, 05:56:41 PM »

Yea. VR release Set Me Free a year early because the record wasnt done yet, and wanted to get some interest for the band.
reynics22
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 11:22:39 PM »

I remember when The Prodigy released singles at least a year before the album was out.

If GN'R was planning on releasing the album in early 2005, they could put out a single/EP before Christmas.

One studio track, add some live tracks and/or remixes to it.

Like this:

1 - New track
2 - Oh My God (Rock N' Roll remix) [for people who think Axl is too deep in the industrial genre Wink ]
3 - Rhiad & The Bedouins (Live in Las Vegas 2001) [it's probably not gonna be on CD anyway]
4 - New track (live in the studio or alternative version)
5 - Photo gallery [Robin could take care of this  Cool ]

Put the new track on Itunes as well.

That would be a nice Christmas gift.  hihi

/jarmo

that is a damn sweet idea.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 11:33:41 PM »

yeah Jarmo, something like that would be cool  ok

and in reading this thread I realized that for YEARS fans have been posting that "Axl HAS GOT TO do something... " and "Its now or never" and "If nothing comes out this year or its over" and "If Axl doesn't do this or that he is going to lose his credibility.. etc."  and so on and so forth

its funny cuz none of these things have come to pass!
no album yet
and its not over and its not "never" and Axl obviously still has his "credibility" intact in the industry and amonst the fan base because even the slightest whisper about this album gets attention
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2004, 09:25:46 AM »

They didn't release lies to "shut people up".
They released it because GnR were a phenomenon,
and they already had the "Live like a suicide tracks"
completed, so it only made sense to capitalize on their
success. The band still toured extensively when Lies
was released, and was not just an EP to put out there
to kill time. I'm sure the record company didn't have any
idea how long it would take to get illusions, nor did they
realize GnR wanted to release 2 separate CDs at that
time, either.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 03:10:33 PM »

After 7+ years ofm aking, it'd be high time for Axl to release the album. No fucking bugles please, release the album.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 01:54:32 AM »

i don`t think that they`ll release something like an EP or a single to make people shut up. Last time they wanted to make people shut up, geffen released the greatest hits.  ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: