Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:40:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would re-recording AFD be for the wrong reasons?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would re-recording AFD be for the wrong reasons?  (Read 9709 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« on: January 11, 2005, 08:35:34 AM »

This review, of Twisted Sister?s re-release of ?Stay Hungry, came from Classic Rock this month. I?ve posted the relevant parts that I thought would make for an interesting discussion (albeit one that?s probably been made before)

Let?s Twist again

AT LAST, SOMEONE WHO DOESN?T THINK Axl Rose is entirely insane. Well, not too insane to nick an idea from, anyway. Axl watchers know that, deep in the grip of his meglomania, the ginga Gunner announced that he wants to re-record ?Appetite for Destruction? in its entirety ?as it should have been? (expect that around 2031).

Twisted Sister have beaten him to the re-record punch with ?Still Hungry 20th Anniversary Edition?, a completely new recording of their 1984 album ?Stay Hungry?. They build a more convincing case for it, too. While Axl just wants to purge people he no longer likes from history, Stalin style, Twisted Sister?s reasons is that they want to release ?Stay Hungry? sounding as they originally envisaged it.

They have a point. For a band so raucous and incendiary live ? their shows were a long, and a very loud, cross between AC/DC and a Christmas panto ? their records were tame things, very much of their era. It was a simpler, if not more innocent time. MTZ held sway, and the channel helped to break Ratt and Quiet Riot: Motley Crue were on their way too.

If Axl does re-cut ?Appetite? it will be for the wrong reasons, and it will entirely lack the love involved here.

Here today...ready to rock
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 08:46:26 AM »

According to the Kurt Loader interview Axl had already re recorded the album and completed it back in 98/99 i believe. He claims he re did it because they had to rehearse the songs anyway and there were some very 80s style sounds on the album that he wanted to get rid of (personally i dont know what he is talking about, maybe some excessive cowbellige........ who knows).

It just seems strange to me that for a guy who, back in 89/90 said  "i just want to bury appetite, i dont want to live my life by that one single record" has to go back and re do it. There could be thousands of reasons why he is doing it. More money, to fulfill the album contract with Geffen, push the original band members out once and for all.... who knows and we will probably never know.

Im all for hearing Axls new interpretation of appetitie but if he is going to put it out then Slash should do the same thing with all the rough cuts from the Illusion albums which he says he has. It would be interesting to hear both but i doubt it will happen.

Nice thought though

Jonx
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 08:48:18 AM »

I doubt this supposed re-recording of AFD will ever be released anyway, so who cares....Twisted Sister's case is obviously quite different.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 09:12:34 AM »

I think its a fucking brillant idea... I would love to hear AFD rerecorded for 2005/6/7 or when ever he would release it...

It would sound amazing and if it sucks dick you can always buy and listen to the original....

jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 09:18:55 AM »

I'd be happy to hear new versions of the AFD tracks but if they were to be released it would be cool just to put them out in a low key format such as as B sides or perhaps a download only album, exclusive to the Internet.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:44:41 AM »

As long as a re-recording didn't replace the original i.e the original being deleted and 'updated' then i can't see the harm - Axl is hardly likely to do a bad job of it is he? And even if he introduced electronic elements and cut out the solo's we'd still have the original.

Only die hards would ever buy it so it wouldn't hurt the GNR brand.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

As long as a re-recording didn't replace the original i.e the original being deleted and 'updated' then i can't see the harm - Axl is hardly likely to do a bad job of it is he? And even if he introduced electronic elements and cut out the solo's we'd still have the original.

Only die hards would ever buy it so it wouldn't hurt the GNR brand.

I think lots of people would buy it.  Remember how well Greatest Hits sold?  It seems like everyone knows the name guns n roses yet not too many people really know their music besides SCOM and WTTJ.  GNR is a hot name right now and i think people would jump at the chance to buy a "new" release.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
SADIS
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 10:57:22 AM »

I think it would suck bigtime if they released that. No matter what the reason behind it is. If Steven, Duff, Axl, Izzy and Slash would re-record it I would consider buying it, otherwise it would just suck. Not because I hate the new line-up or what so ever, but AFD was made by 5 people, and if there would come a new version it should be by those 5 people. Otherwise it would be a remix album.
shaun
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 11:18:15 AM »

I doubt this supposed re-recording of AFD will ever be released anyway, so who cares....Twisted Sister's case is obviously quite different.

The AFD songs recorded by the new band should either be released as an extra disc with 'CD' or released as 'B-Sides' to the singles  ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 11:26:43 AM »

The AFD songs recorded by the new band should either be released as an extra disc with 'CD' or released as 'B-Sides' to the singles? ok

Never happen, too many legailities..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 11:44:52 AM »

Would you acutally want Axl to waste even more time re-recording an already perfect rock album?  Not me.  Plus, if we are expected to embrace the new band members, let's see them create some legendary riffs and melodies on their own, instead of copying Slash, Izzy, Matt/Steven and Duff's work.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 11:55:08 AM »

I would like it, instead of remaster the original unrecognisable to keep it up to audio standard-

- they could release a re-recored afd by the new band as an addition to the real deal
a slash "my illusion" would be cool too since he brags abut the rough mix of uyi,

it would be great, i like the live version of wttj in docklands and i really think they could do great doin that as bonus-media Cheesy gotta love it...

share your view on afd here http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=17456.0 remaster or not to remaster....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 01:25:01 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 12:04:55 PM »

Sorry but I don?t have the slightest idea about that Twisted Sisters and of listening to their re-release.

Whereas ?Appetite for Destruction? re-recorded by new GNR in its entirety as it should have been
in Axl?s view, I Simply Drool over. drool
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 12:15:11 PM »

Just My 2 Cents:

That would be beating a dead horse to me.... no
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 12:17:26 PM »

The AFD songs recorded by the new band should either be released as an extra disc with 'CD' or released as 'B-Sides' to the singles? ok

I hope in a future "studio - bootleg"  drool

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 12:50:58 PM »

I would like it, instead of remaster the original unrecognisable to keep it up to audio standard-

- they could release a re-recored afd by the new band as an addition to the real deal
a slash "my illusion" would be cool too since he brags abut the rough mix of uyi,

it would be great, i like the live version of wttj in docklands and i really think they could do great doin that as bonus-media Cheesy gotta love it...

1st: AFD would really deserve a remastered edition. I would buy that on the first day.  yes
2nd: Can't wait to hear Slash's Illusions! That would be a real present for the hardcore fans. It was interesting to hear the Hollywood Rose demos, but a rough UYI... drool
3rd: As someone said before, I'd prefer an AFD remake by the original band. I don't really care if Axl releases someday his AFD (without attacking the others' royalties etc.), but please, no Finck on that record!  no

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 01:16:21 PM »

To me this sounds like GNR fans being greedy.
Seriously, what could he do to improve AFD? What can you do to make a song like WTTJ or Paradise city better than it already is? Adding electronic effects or some shit would just be stupid. Not to mention, nobody is thinking about the media's reaction to something like this. Axl Rose re-releasing AFD because he is living off the work of the 4 past members.
Of course, theres not a chance in hell he would ever do this anyway. And i'm glad because it's an extremely stupid idea in the first place.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 01:49:42 PM »

I think it would suck bigtime if they released that. No matter what the reason behind it is. If Steven, Duff, Axl, Izzy and Slash would re-record it I would consider buying it, otherwise it would just suck. Not because I hate the new line-up or what so ever, but AFD was made by 5 people, and if there would come a new version it should be by those 5 people. Otherwise it would be a remix album.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole re-recording issue.  Initially upon hearing about the whole issue, I thought that Axl's re-recording of Appetite wasn't a terrible idea, but the more I've thought about it since the more I think it is hugely disrespectful to what the band Guns N' Roses was.  Guns N' Roses was 5 guys, recording an album called Appetite for Destruction.  Any re-recording of Appetite for Destruction that is being called Appetite for Destruction should be re-recorded by those same 5 guys or not at all.  Otherwise I have a few suggestions for the new, improved title, which include:

Appetite for Megalomania, Appetite for Jackassery, Appetite for Conceit and Appetite for Re-writing History
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 01:53:02 PM by echrisl » Logged

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 01:53:46 PM »

This review, of Twisted Sister?s re-release of ?Stay Hungry, came from Classic Rock this month. I?ve posted the relevant parts that I thought would make for an interesting discussion (albeit one that?s probably been made before)

Let?s Twist again

AT LAST, SOMEONE WHO DOESN?T THINK Axl Rose is entirely insane. Well, not too insane to nick an idea from, anyway. Axl watchers know that, deep in the grip of his meglomania, the ginga Gunner announced that he wants to re-record ?Appetite for Destruction? in its entirety ?as it should have been? (expect that around 2031).

Twisted Sister have beaten him to the re-record punch with ?Still Hungry 20th Anniversary Edition?, a completely new recording of their 1984 album ?Stay Hungry?. They build a more convincing case for it, too. While Axl just wants to purge people he no longer likes from history, Stalin style, Twisted Sister?s reasons is that they want to release ?Stay Hungry? sounding as they originally envisaged it.

They have a point. For a band so raucous and incendiary live ? their shows were a long, and a very loud, cross between AC/DC and a Christmas panto ? their records were tame things, very much of their era. It was a simpler, if not more innocent time. MTZ held sway, and the channel helped to break Ratt and Quiet Riot: Motley Crue were on their way too.

Twisted Sister shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post as GnR. ?There is a difference between a money grubbing parlor act vs. talent.

TS isn't any better live than they are on record. ?Which is to say, they suck. ?Yes, they have a couple of catchy anthems... but that's about all they've got going for them. ?

This is just a feeble attempt on TS to recapture some of their past "glory". ?I would hope that anyone who had purchased Stay Hungry would be smart enough not to be fooled again.

As for Axl's re-recording of AFD... Axl didn't say in that interview that he would be releasing the re-recording, just that it had been re-recorded.  I personally would love to hear the new recording. 
DemocracyRose
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 02:18:35 PM »

AFD is one of the best rock albums of all time(If not the best).

It would cool, if they released it in 2007, 20 years after the orignal AFD...

With the "new GNR" playing...

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 03:30:22 PM »

the "new GNR" wouldnt be able to cope playing these classic songs, well classic style anyway.

html sucks
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 08:01:35 PM »

don't do it man! don't do it!  AFD is perfect, and shouldn't be altered. 
I can understand that the new band had to rehearse the material and what not (and probably is recorded) but to release it, is stupid.  Is Axl tryig to erase something from the past?  Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven own all these songs equally to Axl (according to AFD liner notes, all songs were written by ALL members).  I don't think Axl was contemplating to release the album for $$ purposes, he probably thought in his mind the songs newly-recorded, sounded more up to date (and luckily the producer at the time, told him to not go there). 
As a gnr fan, I would feel the re-recording release is a slap in the face to the other former members of the band, and their legacy.  Back in 1986/87 a very magical event was captured on tape, and soundn't be touched!

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
jgfnsr
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 09:38:37 PM »

While I admit I would be more than curious to hear what Axl and the new band would do with a re-recording of Appetite, seems to me there's another album that should be a larger priority to them...
izzy29
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 01:05:49 AM »

Axl will never be able to re-release this album because Izzy wrote most of it with Axl and he would have to get izzy's permission to release it, and believe me, Izzy will never grant that wish!!!!! so keep dreamin!! Axl needs to finish chinese democracy instead of worrying about a perfect album that he and Izzy wrote... Axl just finish CD already!! If u want to become a complete and total joke you'll try re-releasing one of the 5 albums you already released...MOVE ON!!!
RICHEY
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 02:33:51 AM »

Well if they do it they better lift Axl vocals from the 1987 mix, because there is no way he is topping those takes. Remember the VMAS...... WELCOME TO THE GUNGLE! I still have flashbacks from that performance.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 03:38:13 AM »

just get linkin park to re-mix it-  seems like thats all they know how to do anyway,
dont get me started on linkin park
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 05:55:32 AM »

Another band that has done something similar to this idea recently, although not just the one album is Anthrax.
They had fans select their fav tracks from Anthrax's 80's albums and the current (and best IMO) lineup of the band recut them live in the studio over 2 days.

I never liked Anthrax when they had the hair-metal guy singing back in the 80's so listening to the old songs with John Bush singing it's like hearing an new album of new kickass material.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd like to hear a newly recorded AFD, but only as a "bonus cd" for the fans of the new band, not as a proper re-release to erase or replace the original recording.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Fitz
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 12:26:08 PM »

Thats a bunch of shit.  Redoing Appetite goes to show that Axl is an asshole.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 01:06:35 PM »

My opinion is if Axl re-did the album to update the sound and released it as a seperate enity as the original album then thats cool. As long as you could still go buy the original!

But if the plan was/is to release a new version to cut off royalites deserving to the original members then thats just not right.

But how would the cover on a new version work? Would all the new members get a skull on the cross?! They would have to make the cross a little bigger I think.  hihi

izzy29
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2005, 02:56:12 AM »

Alot of people on here talk about AFD vol. 2 being made right before the failed 2002 tour so the new band could learn the songs. This is simply NOT TRUE!! Maybe some of the hardcore fans here can vouch for me on this, but I remember hearing about AFD VOL. 2 being made back in 1997-98. It was discussed on MTV and they said Axl had redone the entire album and it would include 'Patience' and 'You Could Be Mine'. So the way I see it, he's been working on this remake as long as he's been supposedly working on 'Chinese Democracy'. Maybe this could be one of the thousands of reasons why we haven't seen the new album yet. He's probably spending half his time trying to rewrite history instead of creating a brilliant future for himself. As I said on a different thread about this topic, i dont think Izzy would allow a remake since he wrote half the album. Or did Izzy give his permission? For Axl to waste alot of time on a remake, someone had to give the go ahead. In my opinion, Axl should totally scrap the whole AFD VOL.2 idea. In fact I think he should go one step further and do something similar to what John Fogerty did for years and that is this: When Axl does come back, dont play ANY of the old songs, just do the new material. If 'Democracy' is only a 10-12 track album, play all those songs live and also play other new songs that didnt make it on the final cut. Axl needs to get rid of his ghosts from the past, and doing what i just mentioned would be a good first step.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2005, 05:10:33 AM »

You are right. Axl mentioned in a '99 interview that he remade AFD, but 2 songs will be replaced. As far as I know he wanted to rid of Anything Goes and You're Crazy and his new candidates were Patience and YCBM.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2005, 05:30:01 AM »

uhm, they needed to rehearse the songs anyway so they decided to put it on tape
no biggie, be cool to hear that sometime,   Smiley

you can hear a newgnr version of scom here  Cheesy
http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/audio/GNR_SweetChild_BigDaddy-newgnrdotcom.mp3 right click that or click-

http://www.newgnr.com/newgnr.html

and here's the article with the rerecordin info ok
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

have fun beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jgfnsr
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2005, 06:13:06 AM »

Alot of people on here talk about AFD vol. 2 being made right before the failed 2002 tour so the new band could learn the songs. This is simply NOT TRUE!! Maybe some of the hardcore fans here can vouch for me on this, but I remember hearing about AFD VOL. 2 being made back in 1997-98. It was discussed on MTV and they said Axl had redone the entire album and it would include 'Patience' and 'You Could Be Mine'. So the way I see it, he's been working on this remake as long as he's been supposedly working on 'Chinese Democracy'. Maybe this could be one of the thousands of reasons why we haven't seen the new album yet. He's probably spending half his time trying to rewrite history instead of creating a brilliant future for himself. As I said on a different thread about this topic, i dont think Izzy would allow a remake since he wrote half the album. Or did Izzy give his permission? For Axl to waste alot of time on a remake, someone had to give the go ahead. In my opinion, Axl should totally scrap the whole AFD VOL.2 idea. In fact I think he should go one step further and do something similar to what John Fogerty did for years and that is this: When Axl does come back, dont play ANY of the old songs, just do the new material. If 'Democracy' is only a 10-12 track album, play all those songs live and also play other new songs that didnt make it on the final cut. Axl needs to get rid of his ghosts from the past, and doing what i just mentioned would be a good first step.

Axl said that Appetite was already re-recorded.

In fact, that was done before much of the new material.  Axl used the new members to re-record the old songs, but also used the old songs to help the new members mesh as a band.

Mr. Rose just may be insane but he isn't stupid.  He's spent the last decade making Chinese Democracy, not Appetite for Destruction.
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2005, 07:50:50 AM »

Has this AFD 2 actually been released on cd ... or is it just another thing we are all waiting for ?? Huh
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 07:52:34 AM by Rainbow Warrior » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2005, 08:18:20 AM »

Has this AFD 2 actually been released on cd ... or is it just another thing we are all waiting for ?? Huh

No it hasnt been released, Axl just has practice tapes recorded of the band before the 2002 tour that is all

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2005, 08:20:05 AM »

Thanks.? ok
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2005, 08:29:13 AM »

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2005, 08:59:51 AM »

You are right. Axl mentioned in a '99 interview that he remade AFD, but 2 songs will be replaced. As far as I know he wanted to rid of Anything Goes and You're Crazy and his new candidates were Patience and YCBM.
that would be perfect version of AFD  Wink
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2005, 09:08:45 AM »

that would be perfect version of AFD Wink

hopefully this won't sidetrack the thread, but, even though patience is a fantastic song having one acoustic number on AFD would break up the running order and the continuity of the album. it would also clean up the dirty, raw feel that it is, for me, one of it's biggest appeals.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2005, 11:56:49 AM »

that would be perfect version of AFD Wink

hopefully this won't sidetrack the thread, but, even though patience is a fantastic song having one acoustic number on AFD would break up the running order and the continuity of the album. it would also clean up the dirty, raw feel that it is, for me, one of it's biggest appeals.
It could be electric... something like SCOM...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2005, 06:25:08 PM »

Why stop with AFD? Axl should set his sights for bigger & better things - Maybe he should re-record "The Wall", "The Joshua Tree", "Abbey Road", "10", "Nothing's Shocking", Highway 61 Revisited", "Born in the USA", "Tommy", "Hotel California", Pet Sounds", "Paint it Black", "Joe's Garage", "Physical Grafitti", the possibilities are ENDLESS. And with such stellar musicians like Dizzy Reed & Tommy Stinson, surely they could improve on the originals, like they did with the AFD tunes they played live & supposedly, ahem, re-recorded.(no disrespect to TS & DR intended).
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2005, 06:43:35 PM »

Very funny providman. Keep your smart-ass remarks for yourself please.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2005, 06:49:36 PM »

I'd love to hear a re-recorded version of AFD by the new Guns lineup.
 peace
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2005, 07:13:52 PM »

A re-recorded version of AFD =  drool

I'd love it! Plus the idea of having the new versions of You Could Be Mine and Patience. That'd be sweet! yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »

I'd buy it just for the new COVER!!!

Would axl's "skull" be sporting braids? Would robins skull have that mullet style hairdo? Would brain be wearing his buckethat? Would buckethead have a mask on or just a skull?!

OH MY GOD!  nervous

Grin

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »

and a remix album kind of reminds me of that last bon jovi shit, this left feels right [puke]

as a hardcore fan i would buy it of course, but i don't think i would like it much like the greatest hits album which didn't have any of the members blessing. it would rip off the old members royalties and shit like that which would be really sorry.

the best thing would just to get a hold of a boot of the rerecorded afd so that we could hear it..  Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »

as a hardcore fan i would buy it of course, but i don't think i would like it much like the greatest hits album which didn't have any of the members blessing. it would rip off the old members royalties and shit like that which would be really sorry.

the best thing would just to get a hold of a boot of the rerecorded afd so that we could hear it..? Tongue

Or produce a limited edition official release to the fan club which doesn't currently exist!

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: