Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would re-recording AFD be for the wrong reasons?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would re-recording AFD be for the wrong reasons?  (Read 9711 times)
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2005, 06:25:08 PM »

Why stop with AFD? Axl should set his sights for bigger & better things - Maybe he should re-record "The Wall", "The Joshua Tree", "Abbey Road", "10", "Nothing's Shocking", Highway 61 Revisited", "Born in the USA", "Tommy", "Hotel California", Pet Sounds", "Paint it Black", "Joe's Garage", "Physical Grafitti", the possibilities are ENDLESS. And with such stellar musicians like Dizzy Reed & Tommy Stinson, surely they could improve on the originals, like they did with the AFD tunes they played live & supposedly, ahem, re-recorded.(no disrespect to TS & DR intended).
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2005, 06:43:35 PM »

Very funny providman. Keep your smart-ass remarks for yourself please.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2005, 06:49:36 PM »

I'd love to hear a re-recorded version of AFD by the new Guns lineup.
 peace
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2005, 07:13:52 PM »

A re-recorded version of AFD =  drool

I'd love it! Plus the idea of having the new versions of You Could Be Mine and Patience. That'd be sweet! yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »

I'd buy it just for the new COVER!!!

Would axl's "skull" be sporting braids? Would robins skull have that mullet style hairdo? Would brain be wearing his buckethat? Would buckethead have a mask on or just a skull?!

OH MY GOD!  nervous

Grin

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »

I think it would suck bigtime if they released that. No matter what the reason behind it is. If Steven, Duff, Axl, Izzy and Slash would re-record it I would consider buying it, otherwise it would just suck. Not because I hate the new line-up or what so ever, but AFD was made by 5 people, and if there would come a new version it should be by those 5 people. Otherwise it would be a remix album.

and a remix album kind of reminds me of that last bon jovi shit, this left feels right [puke]

as a hardcore fan i would buy it of course, but i don't think i would like it much like the greatest hits album which didn't have any of the members blessing. it would rip off the old members royalties and shit like that which would be really sorry.

the best thing would just to get a hold of a boot of the rerecorded afd so that we could hear it..  Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »

as a hardcore fan i would buy it of course, but i don't think i would like it much like the greatest hits album which didn't have any of the members blessing. it would rip off the old members royalties and shit like that which would be really sorry.

the best thing would just to get a hold of a boot of the rerecorded afd so that we could hear it..? Tongue

Or produce a limited edition official release to the fan club which doesn't currently exist!

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: