Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:30:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would Robin have been selected if not for...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would Robin have been selected if not for...  (Read 11442 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2005, 12:34:25 PM »

I think to answer your question you should look at the fact the Robin has been in this band almost as long as the old members were in this band.

For anyone to knock Robin at this point in time is silly. You all say he cant play the old songs, I disagree but fine thats ok thats your opinon. But you are the same people who knock GNr for playing the old songs.

Robin Finck and the rest of the band are not here for the old songs. They did the songs for you on the last tour no1 else. Some enjoyed it some didnt. But in the end it dont really matter.

You will be able to judge Robin when the album is out. He ha sbeen here for a very long time. His  tricks and treats will all be in the album.  He has been involve din all aspects of the game. The fact that he has been here this long should explain that he must have some ability. Do you really think Axl would keep someone around if they sucked. Get fuckin real already people.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2005, 12:37:35 PM »

If i was starting a new band, and could choose anyone in their prime, i would take Slash b/c he would be not only the biggest STAR, but have a great, SMOOTH sound. sure, alittle sloppy, but not piercing like jimi. sorry, thats just my opinion. and slash doesn't hit too many bad notes, just once in awhile. nothing like robin LOL
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2005, 12:45:15 PM »

Slash is one of the greatest guiatrists ever. I dont think any1 disputes that. But its over. Hes done with. That doesnt mean Robin, Buckethead or any1 else in the band cant do something with this band.

If its ok that Slash hasnt done anything memorable like he did with GNr in terms of music and solos because hes in a new band and is "trying not to be like gis old self"....will it be ok for Gnr if their music doesnt sound like old gnr?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2005, 03:32:54 PM »

I think to answer your question you should look at the fact the Robin has been in this band almost as long as the old members were in this band.
just to say maybe to some it feels like he has been there that long but to someone like myself it doesn't feel that way at all.. Imagine looking at what the old members accomplished in that time period from albums to tours and then see what we have on record of what robin has done.. That's why to many people this band is so new because there is no material really, no albums to pop in the cd player.. I am not disputing the man's ability because that is not what I am talking about.. it's just for me he could be replaced before cd came out and I wouldn't even miss him
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2005, 03:34:53 PM »

Why is this thread turning into a slash vr robin thread?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2005, 03:43:17 PM »

robin has been in guns n' roses just as long as slash has smoking

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »

robin has been in guns n' roses just as long as slash has smoking

Thats true.  And it's very unfortunate that he can't show the world what he's made of.  I'm sure he'll quiet alot of skeptics once CD is released. beer

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2005, 04:21:37 PM »

I think Robin is a correct guitar player. Nothing exeptional. Neither mediocre not great. Just average. he will never be Slash.

honestly, its the other way around mate ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2005, 05:15:44 PM »

Oasis? What's wrong with you?

There's no Oasis in Guns N' Roses.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2005, 05:30:01 PM »

just to say maybe to some it feels like he has been there that long but to someone like myself it doesn't feel that way at all..
u know the saying time doesnt lie? well Robin has been in this band since 97---that is 8 yrs..pretty long if u ask me

Imagine looking at what the old members accomplished in that time period from albums to tours and then see what we have on record of what robin has done..
no1 is disputing or comparing the old vs new so why bring t up. I made the point about length of time in the band. Not what they done or havnt done. I said being Robin is in the band for 8 yrs{almost as long as the old band was together) should tell you that Axl thinks highly of his ability and what he brought to the band.

hat's why to many people this band is so new 
thats a good thing

it's just for me he could be replaced before cd came out and I wouldn't even miss him
And thats what seperates you from many people here. You dont care about this band at the moment. But other peopel do. Its more than just an Axl album to some. Not just a solo album. Either way, its fine, but again Robin has done something right in order to be n this band for this long.

and im sure th emusic on the album will reenforce that.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: