Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would anyone be interested w/ TIL on AI?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: would anyone be interested w/ TIL on AI?  (Read 4637 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:05 PM »

I occassionally watch AI..I prefer Rock Star..Better performers and song selection..Every now and again AI covers a rock song, I can see TIL being one..It would most likely be stripped of it's true emotion, complexity and raw/rock edge..
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All....Keep in mind the Holiday Spirits and be kind w/ your remarks, "DEXTER" wants us all to jus' get along..
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »

TIL? no.  it's too soon for someone to try and make it theirs. unless they were totally shameless in doing it, it would just make me weep a little on the inside and probably throw beer bottles at trees...

do you even know where the fuck I am?
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »

American Idol...that's funny.

Really..no...I'm laughing.

American Idol is the epitome of what's wrong with music nowadays. Who needs a full album of great material. Have a pretty face, come out with a cute single that someone else wrote, and repeat until you're out of your 20's, and we'll move on to the next project.

If you have any respect for the sanctity of rock, and all it stands for, you'll never watch that garbage again.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »

I think some kid likely cover it. Its a nice love song and the type this generation of kids will do. And any cover will draw attention to the original. The odds go up if the video hits big during the time for "This I Love".  I won't mind it. I'd think its acceptance on a big level for this album/song by seeing people cover it.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 03:39:37 AM »

American Idol is the epitome of what's wrong with music nowadays. Who needs a full album of great material. Have a pretty face, come out with a cute single that someone else wrote, and repeat until you're out of your 20's, and we'll move on to the next project.

If you have any respect for the sanctity of rock, and all it stands for, you'll never watch that garbage again.

Amen to that - in the Uk the winner of X Factor (our equivalent) is covering the Leonard Cohen song Hallelujah ...  there was a big campaign by people to get the Jeff Buckley version to No.1 in the charts instead, but it just failed and hit 2 ...  damn those TV influenced teenagers!! 
Terrene
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

+1
Annie
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!! rant rant rant
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 05:55:09 PM »

And this from someone who thinks TIL belongs in a tween's vampire movie and that Axl looks like a cute little lion cub in the jungle.   rofl

P.S. congrats on your 1000th post!!!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »

And this from someone who thinks TIL belongs in a tween's vampire movie and that Axl looks like a cute little lion cub in the jungle.   rofl

Glad to see that people read my posts and remember them! I HATE AMERICAN IDOL! In regards to the teen vampire movie, millions of women around the world from 15 to 50 are in love with Edward Cullen. Millions of women around the world WOULD FALL IN LOVE with THIS I LOVE!
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »

Glad to see that people read my posts and remember them! I HATE AMERICAN IDOL! In regards to the teen vampire movie, millions of women around the world from 15 to 50 are in love with Edward Cullen. Millions of women around the world WOULD FALL IN LOVE with THIS I LOVE!

In a few boards I go the females over 20 mock the movie and the "sparkling vampire" in Edward. As one woman told me , she picked up the 1st book , got halfway in and was just turned off by it.  I'd pick American Idol ...I can handle bad singing better than horrible emo sparkling fucking vampires...
ATmagnum
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 06:19:34 PM »

It makes me almost retch even trying to imagine one of the fairy douchebags on American Idol singing a Chinese Democracy song...not to mention the fact that none of them would be able to pull it off.

Leave "This I Love" to a pro like Axl, please.
Annie
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 06:20:37 PM »

In a few boards I go the females over 20 mock the movie and the "sparkling vampire" in Edward. As one woman told me , she picked up the 1st book , got halfway in and was just turned off by it.  I'd pick American Idol ...I can handle bad singing better than horrible emo sparkling fucking vampires...
I know alot of girls who are so addicted to the books that they stay up til 3AM reading them. I just love the books, I love Edward, I love Axl and I LOVE THIS I LOVE! And like I said before, I HATE AMERICAN IDOL!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:23:16 PM by Annie » Logged
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »

KILL ME NOW

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »

On topic:  If you watch the show with the proper perspective, any GNR song including TIL would be fun to hear them try.  ok
They certainly can't do any worse than some of the "professional" singers who've covered them. 

In regards to the teen vampire movie, millions of women around the world from 15 to 50 are in love with Edward Cullen.
No.  Millions of women around the world from 15 to 50 realize it's a movie for PRE-TEEN GIRLS to fall in love with Edward Cullen.  Roll Eyes

P.S.  Your teenage daughter and her friends really don't want you hanging out with them.  no
P.P.S.  In case anyone over the age of 14 asks, My Chemical Romance is NOT really Goth or Death Metal.  Lips Sealed

KILL ME NOW
HEY!!!  NO CUTTING THE LINE!!! I WAS HERE FIRST!!!  rant
If anyone deserves to be put out of this misery, it's me!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 10:37:44 PM »

On topic:  If you watch the show with the proper perspective, any GNR song including TIL would be fun to hear them try.  ok
They certainly can't do any worse than some of the "professional" singers who've covered them. 

In regards to the teen vampire movie, millions of women around the world from 15 to 50 are in love with Edward Cullen.
No.  Millions of women around the world from 15 to 50 realize it's a movie for PRE-TEEN GIRLS to fall in love with Edward Cullen.  Roll Eyes

P.S.  Your teenage daughter and her friends really don't want you hanging out with them.  no
P.P.S.  In case anyone over the age of 14 asks, My Chemical Romance is NOT really Goth or Death Metal.  Lips Sealed

KILL ME NOW
HEY!!!  NO CUTTING THE LINE!!! I WAS HERE FIRST!!!  rant
If anyone deserves to be put out of this misery, it's me!!!  hihi
Well my mental age does not match my chronological age! There were alot of  newspaper articles when the TWILIGHT movie came out about how Edward appeals to women of all ages as well as other vampire characters. I only recently discovered the books,one week after I purchased CHINESE DEMOCRACY. 5 people over 30 told me that I would love them.  I didn't fall in love with Edward's character at first, he just sort of snuck up on me ! You know you love me, XOXO Annie.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 10:59:09 PM by Annie » Logged
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 01:05:04 AM »

Thats my thinking too. Maybe we'll get lucky and a Chris Daughtry type who can sing will cover one of the songs . We can hope.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 07:24:52 AM »

I like watching the first few episodes just to see the bad singers.  The insults from Simon are worth it alone.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

I like watching the first few episodes just to see the bad singers.  The insults from Simon are worth it alone.
that's what i do.. and none of them should ever sing TIL
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 09:55:54 AM »

I enjoyed Carrie Underwood and Kely Clarkson performances o GN'R songs over the years..
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »

Carrie Underwood is hot.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: