Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 49517 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #240 on: June 08, 2006, 04:50:20 PM »

I was talking with a friend and he told me that he thinks that Darth Plagueius created anakin Skywalker cause he was the only one that can manipulate the midiclorians, I think that could be 50% true and 50% false, I mean why he create someone who later is going to destroy the sith, so that's where I think my friend is wrong.

Sorry to bring back this old thread but I think there are many people that can also have their own thoughts about this.

No man can be my equal
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2006, 04:53:20 PM »

I was talking with a friend and he told me that he thinks that Darth Plagueius created anakin Skywalker cause he was the only one that can manipulate the midiclorians, I think that could be 50% true and 50% false, I mean why he create someone who later is going to destroy the sith, so that's where I think my friend is wrong.

Sorry to bring back this old thread but I think there are many people that can also have their own thoughts about this.

Vaders Mom did say that there was never a Father in Episode I.  I had come to the same opinion. ok

Plagues wouldn't of thought of Vader having children or being trained by the Jedi, so he probably never figured that Vader would destroy the Sith.  Perhaps the Jedi got to Vader as a child before the Sith?

Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2006, 04:58:14 PM »

I would think so, but why Schmi? and why so far away the federation? shouldn't anakin be discover by the sith before the jedis? I know the sith didn't and I havent though about that Plague thinking that Vader shoiuldn't have offsprings but hey they can forsee the future dont they?  confused

No man can be my equal
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »

... Or, Plagueius just did the sex to Schmi while she was asleep.

(Seriously though... I never heard that before. Though, I've never really heard many theories or subplots outside the movies.... While interesting, it just sounds a bit strange to me, and without motive)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2006, 05:04:58 PM »

I was going to dig this thread up anyway.............

I dont think his mother was being completely honest with the "Their was no father" comment. It almost seemed like a defensive response like she was the one who raised him, with no help so their was no father figure. Just my opinion.

Now what I was going to dig this up for.............

Now that Episode III has been out for over a year now, have you gone back and watched the original trilogy and now see things in a different way? I cant look at Vader and not think that its Anakin inside there now and why he became what he is. As far as that character goes, it completely changed the way I see the movie. Vader went from the greatest villain to one of the most tragic figures.

I'm still not sure why he could sense his sons presence from across the universe but when his daughter is standing right infront of him................. nothing.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »

Plot hole.  ok

I'm pretty sure that the Leia as sister/daughter wasn't thought up until at least during the writing of Empire. I may be wrong, because as I say I'm not drenched in knowledge (... of Star Wars), but I'm pretty sure that I read that Obi-Wan's "...Vader murdered your father," was the original plot line.

I haven't seen the old movies since, not one... I am definitely going to, but I didn't want to do it straight away. Maybe I'll do a six day thing during the summer. We did a 5 movie marathon before Sith, and it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be......
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:11:03 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2006, 05:16:12 PM »

So he control Schmi midiclorians and seducted her but Plague didnt penetrate her cause Anakin was created out of nothing? mmmmm thats kinda ludacris  Undecided

I'm still not sure why he could sense his sons presence from across the universe but when his daughter is standing right infront of him................. nothing.

I think Thats because the force wasnt strong in her cause she hasn't be in the jedi activity, remeber when Qui-gon met anakin He also didn't felt the large amount of midiclorians that he had so that could explain that

No man can be my equal
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »

I would think so, but why Schmi? and why so far away the federation? shouldn't anakin be discover by the sith before the jedis? I know the sith didn't and I havent though about that Plague thinking that Vader shoiuldn't have offsprings but hey they can forsee the future dont they?? confused

Perhaps the reason why Sidious didn't know about Vader was because Sideious killed Palgueis? ?Plagueis perhaps didn't tell Sidious about his project because he wanted the "perfect" apprentice?

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2006, 05:21:15 PM »

So he control Schmi midiclorians and seducted her but Plague didnt penetrate her cause Anakin was created out of nothing? mmmmm thats kinda ludacris  Undecided

What's more ludacris, eh Tight Grip,

the suggestion, or the fact that you took it seriously..........

I don't think that I like the whole Anakin as a project idea though.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »

I'll do some digging around over the weekend. I have a book somewhere that has the scripts and re-writes for all of the original trilogy. There is alot of evidence in there that Lucas did not have a grand scheme of 6 movies back in 1975.

BTW, for the Lucas bashers. He will be releasing the original trilogy in their original forms, i.e. pre-special edition, on DVD later this year.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2006, 05:24:43 PM »

There is alot of evidence in their that Lucas did not have a grand scheme of 6 movies back in 1975.

Aye, I'm pretty sure that you're right. Especialy if you watch some of the documentaries on A New Hope! Considering it was only titled Episode 4: A New Hope on it's re-release...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:31:01 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »

Episode 4 but, you are right.

It funny though, I've heard quite a few people insist that when they first saw Star Wars in 77 it said Episode IV: A New Hope then.

Once I find the book I'll post a couple of the major differences from what the original vision was. I usually only dig this book out to look up one item but wind up re-reading the whole damn thing.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2006, 05:34:17 PM »

Ha, erm, what are you on about......

The numbers are close together, all right!

It got a cinematic rerelease shortly after it's first run though, didn't it? I thought that was when it got the name change. So maybe the people that think it had the "episode 4" title when they first saw it think that they saw it's first cinematic run, when they didn't. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though, I haven't seen the documentary in a while.

Incidently, have you heard the story of when Lucas showed the first cut of the orignal Star Wars movie to the other brats... Spielberg, DePalma... It was before the film even had the dialogue at the beggining, I think that it was DePalma who was just like "What is this film on about?! What is going on?! There's no context man!"  rofl

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2006, 05:43:12 PM »

DePalma did write the original scroll with Lucas so that makes sense hihi

From IMDB:
Upon its original release, the opening crawl did not include "Episode IV: A New Hope." According to Lucasfilm, this was added upon its re-release in 1978 or as late as 1981. The later print was the first one to be released on video, and all video, laserdisc or DVD releases have featured the subtitles. The theatrical cut DVDs, set to be released in September 2006, will be the first time that the original opening crawl, without subtitle, has been released on home video.

I'm leaning towards the 1981 date. I was absolutely mental about anything Star Wars and I remember seeing IV and V at a double feature and noticing that the "A New Hope" wasn't there the last time I saw the movie.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »

I'm not sure about the re-releases of the originals...

I think that what they should do, to round the franchise off once and for all, is wait for about a year to remaster the originals again. I know, it would be viewed by the cynics as another way to squeeze money... But they were remasted recently, for what was, what, the third time?, a fair few years ago, when CGI wasn't at it's best. I do feel that we're enetering the "golden age" of CGI now, and things like the Jedi Battle and some of the added structure/animal shots could do with a revamp.

So I think that they should wait, remaster the three original films when the CGI is good enough, and then release a 14 disc absoloute collectors box set. The two disc set of 1-3 (which include fucking benchmark extras), the remastered 4-5, the very first, original cut 4-5 and the bonus disc that came with the first DVD release. Then another disc full of a bunch of other shit.

Edit: Actually, better make it a 16 disc set! It should definitely include the Clone Wars cartoon!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:00:20 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »

What's more ludacris, eh Tight Grip,

the suggestion, or the fact that you took it seriously..........

I don't think that I like the whole Anakin as a project idea though.

I think that you also didn't like the joke  Undecided

anyway,

There were suposed to be a cartoon thing about the events between episode 3 and episode 4, kinda like the clone wars.

No man can be my equal
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2006, 06:10:14 PM »

Its not a cartoon.

It will be a live action television series. At least I know that is in the works and I think that is the time frame that it will cover.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »

Its not a cartoon.

It will be a live action television series. At least I know that is in the works and I think that is the time frame that it will cover.

Yeah I head that too.? It seems as though the show will be focusing on some new characters and perhaps some minor characters from the movies.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2006, 06:13:10 PM »

I think that you also didn't like the joke  Undecided

Maybe because I didn't understand what the heeeell you were on about!

Anyway,

I remember about reading about the proposed tv series a while back, but I don't remember any specifics. What position would Lucas have, just producer? Or not even that.......

It has the potential to be absoloutely fantastic, or... Just embarrasing.  Undecided

Especialy live action. A cartoon would just be forgotten, but more live action......

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
RichardNixon
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »

When they re-release the origanals, will they also include the newer versions?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: