Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227848 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  22 Killed in US school Shooting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 22 Killed in US school Shooting  (Read 42511 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 03:37:46 PM »

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns. A ban on alcohol didn't work. A ban on drugs isn't working. Why do people think a ban on weapons will be any different?

The only way it would be any different is if it becomes completely impossible for guns to be manufactured. Ain't gonna happen.

a ban on guns did the job in britain. nobody is saying it would stop all gun crimes, but surely to take a bite out of them would be worthwhile?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »

I know I'll get jumped on for this but what the fuck...

Really the solution is that more mpeople should have guns.  You get a madman like this in your dorm, where do you go?  What do you do? Nothing. All you can do is wait for the police to respond, arrive, and find him. In that time span, you get a massacre.

Of course a bunch of people having guns on campus isn't exactly ideal, but all it would have taken was one well placed bullet to stop this sick fuck sooner and we wouldn't see 31 dead.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
VIP

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 03:49:51 PM »

Of course a bunch of people having guns on campus isn't exactly ideal, but all it would have taken was one well placed bullet to stop this sick fuck sooner and we wouldn't see 31 dead.

Thats true.

But maybe small quarrels will be solved with aid of a gun instead of intelectual conversation if more guns are given to people gathered on a limited area.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns.  A ban on alcohol didn't work.  A ban on drugs isn't working.  Why do people think a ban on weapons will be any different?

The only way it would be any different is if it becomes completely impossible for guns to be manufactured.  Ain't gonna happen.

yeah cause a soccer mom with a beretta is going to get berserk on a big black guy with uzi ... come on.

outlaws will always be more armed than you.

i'd rather have some criminals killing each other and having trouble getting weapons, than just going around buying them like chocolate candies.

Edward Rose
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns. A ban on alcohol didn't work. A ban on drugs isn't working. Why do people think a ban on weapons will be any different?

The only way it would be any different is if it becomes completely impossible for guns to be manufactured. Ain't gonna happen.

a ban on guns did the job in britain. nobody is saying it would stop all gun crimes, but surely to take a bite out of them would be worthwhile?

I spent allot of time in England last year, and it was weird to hear on the news... the biggest problem was teen hulligans stabbing people with knives. (Not usually resulting in death) Also having to crack down on retail store owners who sell knives to minors.

Let there be no illusion... this is the way they want it in The U.S. And it'll never change. They could also make the drug problems virtually go away tomorrow, but it'll never happen. It's the way they want it... and they get it. And I don't like it any more than you do.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

I'll just say it

The same people shot today were defending their ''right'' to bear arms yesterday

You reap what you sow

Honestly what do Americans expect?

And not one of you will do anything about it - you'll be defending your ''right'' tommorow and savaging any politician that dares to do something about this

I love the neglect about why we have guns in this country.  Two reasons:

1.) Once upon a time, the assholes from YOUR country decided the colonies didn't deserve a voice in Parliament.  So, we needed guns. 

2.) The great unspoken reason for gun ownership is that it is the people's last defense against the overreaching powers of their government. 

So, yes, I'll defend our right to bear arms.  The shootings today are horrible, but they'd be no less horrible if the gun(s?) had been attained illegally.  The lunatic shooter could just as easily have decided to run over his target victim, and could have mowed down any others in the vicinity with a car.  But, of course, cars aren't really controversial, and everyone has one, so we CAN'T ban cars!  The problem isn't the means of violence, it's the CAUSE of violence.  It would be no less sad if there was a mass killing by any other means.             

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 04:11:37 PM »

I know I'll get jumped on for this but what the fuck...

Really the solution is that more mpeople should have guns.  You get a madman like this in your dorm, where do you go?  What do you do? Nothing. All you can do is wait for the police to respond, arrive, and find him. In that time span, you get a massacre.

I heard a similar comment from a person who was at a restaurant where a shooting happened some years ago.  I can't remember the details, but it made big news at the time.  The customers were hiding under their tables and he walked around shooting them.  One of the survivors had said if only one person had a gun, they could have saved many of the people killed. 

And I can't deny that she was right, in that case.  But I think those cases are pretty rare. The fact is, most people aren't that good at shooting a gun in high stress situations.  That includes police, by the way.  You really want gun battles going on in public?  Most bullets never hit their intended target, but they do all go somewhere.

Since the shooter is firing no matter what, then yes, I'd rather have it be a "gun battle."  They wouldn't call it "shooting fish in a barrel" if the fish could fire back.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/ireports/2007/04/16/ireport.va.tech.shooting.cnn

very eerie and frightning video.
when reality is way more sober and simple than all the macho gun fighting movies and games. but in the end, so much fore frightening.

the sound of the gun shots, the apparent calm ....

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 04:20:54 PM »

I love the neglect about why we have guns in this country.? Two reasons:

1.) Once upon a time, the assholes from YOUR country decided the colonies didn't deserve a voice in Parliament.? So, we needed guns.?
you know what, lets go back way further than that, what about adam and eve ?  Roll Eyes

2.) The great unspoken reason for gun ownership is that it is the people's last defense against the overreaching powers of their government.?
that's what happend today ... and your guns served you well when your country got fucked in the ass by g w bush ....

So, yes, I'll defend our right to bear arms.? The shootings today are horrible, but they'd be no less horrible if the gun(s?) had been attained illegally.? The lunatic shooter could just as easily have decided to run over his target victim, and could have mowed down any others in the vicinity with a car.? But, of course, cars aren't really controversial, and everyone has one, so we CAN'T ban cars!? The problem isn't the means of violence, it's the CAUSE of violence.? It would be no less sad if there was a mass killing by any other means.? ? ? ? ? ? ?
do not tell me your serious.
comparing guns to cars?
so the guy is mad he is going to plan to kill a lot of people with a car ?  Roll Eyes puh-lease.

we ALL agree about the cause.
we are just stating that some specific ELEMENTS make it easier for bad things to happen. that's all.

if i'm mad and i have my fist, i'll jst break your nose.
if i have a gun, i kill you.
if i have big guns i kill a lot of people.
simple.

if Simple Joe can have a gun to protect is condo, Big Black Guy In The Hood can get a bazooka and Simple Joe dies.
simple.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 04:22:25 PM »

You can't speak for anyone who was shot. For all you know all the victims were in favor of more gun laws.

This is true, I felt the statement was a little unfair, especially since the people just got mowed down.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 04:24:33 PM »

Punk, what does mowed down means?

i know its something funny as freedom78 said it, but im not sure is it related to grass ? Wink

SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »

Shot down/bloodbath.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

Shot down/bloodbath.

my bad. it's late, i guess i'm tired
well i gotta go finish a powerpoint presentation.
be good to each other.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »

Sick shit. I can't believe it. How can anyone take out 32 people? It's flat out disgusting. A ban on guns might help, but these incidents have a deeper cause that has to be dealt with at the roots beyond pussy-i-fication in elementary school, as they are trying now.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »

The shootings today are horrible, but they'd be no less horrible if the gun(s?) had been attained illegally.  The lunatic shooter could just as easily have decided to run over his target victim, and could have mowed down any others in the vicinity with a car.  But, of course, cars aren't really controversial, and everyone has one, so we CAN'T ban cars!  The problem isn't the means of violence, it's the CAUSE of violence.  It would be no less sad if there was a mass killing by any other means.             

Give me a break, a guy is going to go around attacking people in his dorm with a car? What an analogy.  Roll Eyes

It's the ease of guns that allow people to react in such a way-all too common these days. If guns were illegal, there would be less guns, and less chance of shit like this happening.

Take the guns away, give an amnesty period, no questions asked, and anybody caught with a gun after that face harsh jail time. Simple as that. The entire "bad guys will be the only guys with guns" argument is stupid. How many crimes now are committed by bad guys with guns that were attained illegally to begin with? How many of these crimes have been aborted because we were armed as citizens?

People kill people, yea, people with guns kill more even more people.

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »

It's shocking. What is happening to this country? Why are things not improving? How many killings before people deem it a good time to ban guns?  32 confirmed dead now....sad, sad day....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 04:46:23 PM »

I love the neglect about why we have guns in this country.  Two reasons:

1.) Once upon a time, the assholes from YOUR country decided the colonies didn't deserve a voice in Parliament.  So, we needed guns. 

you know what, lets go back way further than that, what about adam and eve ?  Roll Eyes

Just giving a bit of historical context.  Are you aware that to ban guns in this country would require a Constitutional Amendment, which has the following process:

1.) A two-thirds supermajority vote in both houses of Congress
2.) Approval by the legislatures of three-fourths of the states in the US

Yeah...not quite so easy as those who want to tell us how to run our country would make it seem...

2.) The great unspoken reason for gun ownership is that it is the people's last defense against the overreaching powers of their government. 

that's what happend today ... and your guns served you well when your country got fucked in the ass by g w bush ....

While Bush is controversial and unpopular, he is still a popularly elected President, through January, 2009.  Should he abuse his power to try to retain control of this country after that, you can bet your ass I'll be arming.

So, yes, I'll defend our right to bear arms.  The shootings today are horrible, but they'd be no less horrible if the gun(s?) had been attained illegally.  The lunatic shooter could just as easily have decided to run over his target victim, and could have mowed down any others in the vicinity with a car.  But, of course, cars aren't really controversial, and everyone has one, so we CAN'T ban cars!  The problem isn't the means of violence, it's the CAUSE of violence.  It would be no less sad if there was a mass killing by any other means.             
do not tell me your serious.
comparing guns to cars?
so the guy is mad he is going to plan to kill a lot of people with a car ?  Roll Eyes puh-lease.

You're missing the point, which is that the means of violence isn't nearly so important as its root causes.  As usual, you pick up on a simile or metaphor that you think is weak, rather than addressing the argument.  Roll Eyes

we ALL agree about the cause.
we are just stating that some specific ELEMENTS make it easier for bad things to happen. that's all.

No, apparently we DON'T all agree about the cause.  Some people think guns are the cause of violence, which is silly.

Guns came about around the 15th century.  Was there violence before then?  Why, yes, in fact, on a ridiculously bloody scale!  Hmm...let me think.  The Romans, the Mongols, the Persians...nope, no guns.  Yet they conquered the fucking world in a very violent fashion. 

if i'm mad and i have my fist, i'll jst break your nose.
if i have a gun, i kill you.

You're right of course.  Every time I'm mad, I pull my gun on someone.  If only I didn't do that, I'd just be breaking thousands of noses. 

Do you honestly believe that the vast majority of people would pull their gun and kill someone they're mad at, even once during their lives?  No.  Most people follow the law. 

if i have big guns i kill a lot of people.
I haven't made an argument about the types of guns that should and shouldn't be permitted, so I'm not sure why this matters.  Thirty-one people died today.  The shooter had a 9mm pistol.  That's NOT a big gun.  This has NOTHING to do with whether we should be allowed to carry automatic weapons or assault rifles. 

if Simple Joe can have a gun to protect is condo, Big Black Guy In The Hood can get a bazooka and Simple Joe dies.
simple.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  Huh

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 05:04:32 PM »

Absolutely beyond depressing. ?So fucking sad. ?

I cannot imagine how devastating this must be for the victims' families.

What the fuck is it going to take to get effective gun control legislation passed in this country? ?Do people really believe that guns will protect them against criminals or the government? ?In a battle of average citizen wth a gun vs. criminal with a gun, guess who wins? ?And protection from the government? ?What a fucking joke. ?I personally would love to see Charlton Heston and his rifle cabinet take on the most powerful military in the history of the world.

It's really quite simple, gun control legislation has reduced violent crime practically in every country in the world it's been enacted. ?It's our turn to make ourselves safer.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »

32? damn thats columbine x 3 almost. Thats one disgruntel mother fucker right there hope he burns in hell........ Sad

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »

well i dunno what all my fellow english people are ranting at americans for, this countries going just as bad for crimes and gun crime now.

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: