Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  22 Killed in US school Shooting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 22 Killed in US school Shooting  (Read 42874 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:24 PM »

Criminals will always have guns. 

http://capefeare.com/snake.gif

Is this the evil baddy criminal that will always have a gun that you are referring to?

We're talking about a college student's easy access to a gun, what is the purpose?  To uphold some American right that was put into place 100 years ago?  This is the 21st century, changes should be made to move forward and better everyone's lives... Especially from a country that is thought of as a world leader.

That right has been around for more like 200 years. I agree with you about what needs to be done. I'm in college (live on campus in a dorm) and am pretty shaken right now by this even though I'm in Texas. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone impacted by this. God bless the victims.

School seems so insignificant right now it's not even funny.

What do you have to be fearful of?  there are 2700 public universites in America.  When was the last shooting prior to this.  Don't fall into the hysteria, use your head.  This is a tragedy, but sticking your head in the sand and letting your imagination get the best of you isn't helpful or healthy.

It's not necessarily that I'm fearful of something happening here, it's that the whole school thing in general seems pointless right now. Stuff like this, as terrible as it is, does serve the purpose of keeping things in perspective.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »

From http://www.drudgereport.com/

HE LINED STUDENTS AGAINST A WALL, THEN EXECUTIONS BEGAN...
AT LEAST 33 PEOPLE KILLED...
'Everyone Started to Panic and Jumping Out of the Window'...
ROANOKE TIMES: DETAILS...
Police Can't Identify Gunman Because He Had No ID and Shot Himself in the Face...
Asian male in his twenties wearing a maroon hat and a black coat....
Cell phone video...
TRAPPED IN CLASSROOM: Hall Doors Were Chained From Inside...
'All I saw was blood in the hallways'...
'LOVE-CRAZED KILLER: Jilted boyfriend went on rampage'...
Two 9mm handguns...

He was said to have quarreled in a dormitory with his girlfriend, whom he believed had been seeing another man. A student adviser was called to sort out the fight. But the killer produced a gun and shot dead both his girlfriend and the adviser....

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »

Just absolutely horrible  Cry
SLCPUNK
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »

What do you have to be fearful of?  there are 2700 public universites in America.  When was the last shooting prior to this.  Don't fall into the hysteria, use your head.  This is a tragedy, but sticking your head in the sand and letting your imagination get the best of you isn't helpful or healthy.

On the contrary what do you have to be fearful of?

Hysteria? Like making sure all of us are armed in order to protect us from our government? That kind of hysteria? Some kind of government conspiracy theorist you are. Take some of your own advice and use you fucking head for a change, you hypocrite.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2007, 10:03:19 PM »

While I find your debate on guns interesting, isn't anyone wondering why nobody was warned after the 1st shooting that there was a murderer on campus?  There should have been a lockdown or something and 30 people could have been saved.

Why don't you just....
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »

While I find your debate on guns interesting, isn't anyone wondering why nobody was warned after the 1st shooting that there was a murderer on campus?  There should have been a lockdown or something and 30 people could have been saved.

Yeah, it's disappointing that the first email sent to students was at 9:26. That's over 2 hours after the initial double murder was reported to police. I would have sent out that email no later than 8 AM. The kids deserved to know about that kind of thing. If that happened on my campus, I doubt I'd go to class that day if I knew about it.
cliffburton
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »

What do you have to be fearful of?? there are 2700 public universites in America.? When was the last shooting prior to this.? Don't fall into the hysteria, use your head.? This is a tragedy, but sticking your head in the sand and letting your imagination get the best of you isn't helpful or healthy.

On the contrary what do you have to be fearful of?

Hysteria? Like making sure all of us are armed in order to protect us from our government? That kind of hysteria? Some kind of government conspiracy theorist you are. Take some of your own advice and use you fucking head for a change, you hypocrite.

SLC, I am using my head. ?I am using fact and statistic. ?I support the right to bear arms because I enjoy recreational shooting, believe in self-defense and support the basic ideal of self governance our founding fathers had. ?It amazes me how every other idea our constitution calls for is okay and valid except for the right to own firearms. ?It's not like a criminal can legally buy a gun. ?You have to pass a background check. ?Guns aren't even the primary weapon used in murder and assault. ?You sir need to quit beinga ?hypocrite, do some research and realize that guns aren't the big menace many make them out to be. ?Do you find it a bit ironic that those most against guns are those who have little to no experience or knowledge about them? ?Some analogy about the typical racist are in order. ?I'm not a government conspiracy theorist, but the day someone comes to my door to collect my legally owned and purchased firearms is the day I give them the ammunition first.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

Yeah, it's disappointing that the first email sent to students was at 9:26. That's over 2 hours after the initial double murder was reported to police. I would have sent out that email no later than 8 AM. The kids deserved to know about that kind of thing. If that happened on my campus, I doubt I'd go to class that day if I knew about it.

Yes, I've been wondering this all day.  And, to take it a step further, I think an email is far from effective.  I'm sure plenty of students don't check their email before classes.  They should have called every dorm, fraternity, and sorority and told them to post notices that classes were canceled due to a shooting.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2007, 11:08:06 PM »

Yes, I've been wondering this all day.  And, to take it a step further, I think an email is far from effective.  I'm sure plenty of students don't check their email before classes.  They should have called every dorm, fraternity, and sorority and told them to post notices that classes were canceled due to a shooting.   

agreed - this is a total disgrace.  someone should lose their job over this and maybe more.  this is negligence on a Bush/Cheney level.

an email?  what a joke.  the place should have been on lock down.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »

Yeah it's very unfortunate. Hopefully every school across the country is learning from this.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 11:49:34 PM »

Terrible. I don't get it. Why not just shoot yourself first and save everyone the trouble, instead of killing 30 people and then shooting yourself. Stupid motherfucker.

Fuck 'Em All.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 11:59:34 PM »

Terrible. I don't get it. Why not just shoot yourself first and save everyone the trouble, instead of killing 30 people and then shooting yourself. Stupid motherfucker.

Well, if the Chicago Sun-Times is right, he might have been a Chinese terrorist.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266463,00.html

The Chicago Sun-Times reported Monday night that authorities are investigating whether the gunman was a 24-year-old Chinese man who arrived in the U.S. last year on a student visa issued in Shanghai. Police believe three bomb threats on the campus last week may have been attempts by the man to test the campus' security response, the newspaper reported.

Here's the Sun-Times article about it:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/343354,vatech041607.article
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:10:15 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 12:29:14 AM »

I'm not a government conspiracy theorist, but the day someone comes to my door to collect my legally owned and purchased firearms is the day I give them the ammunition first.

Wow, you are such a man. Cold dead hands and all that.......

Hey ageless are you going to organize an NRA meeting/rally next week for that area?

agreed - this is a total disgrace.  someone should lose their job over this and maybe more.  this is negligence on a Bush/Cheney level.

an email?  what a joke.  the place should have been on lock down.

I didn't catch this until it was pointed out. Wow, that's amazing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:33:32 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 03:51:56 AM »

Well, if the Chicago Sun-Times is right, he might have been a Chinese terrorist.

Um, I seriously doubt he was a Chinese terrorist, but hell, what do I know...

Fuck 'Em All.
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2007, 03:52:50 AM »

IfwhiteAmericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart"

Next Thursday you're invited to watch Rising Tide's live coverage
of a gala tribute in salute to Ronald Reagan.
Host Haley Barbour joins special guest lady Margaret
Thatcher in celebrating the former president's 83 birthday.
Ticket's are 1000 Dollars a plate but you can see the event free on GOP TV.

Images of perfection, suntan and napalm
Grenada - Haiti - Poland - Nicaragua
Who shall we choose for our morality
I'm thinking right now of Hollywood tragedy

Big mac: smack: phoenix r: please smile y'all
Cuba, Mexico can't cauterize our discipline
Your idols speak so much of the abyss
Yet your morals only run as deep as the surface

Cool - groovy - morning - fine
(If white)
Tipper Gore was a friend of mine
(America)
I love a free country
(told the truth)
The stars and stripes and an apple for mommy
(for one day)

Conservative say: there ain't no black in the union jack
Democrat say: there ain't enough white in the stars and stripes

Compton - Harlem - a pimp fucked a priest
The white man has just found a new moral saviour
Vital stats - how white was their skin
Unimportant - just another inner-city drive-by thing

Morning - fine - serve your first coffee of the day
Real privilege, it will take your problems all away
Number one - the best - no excuse from me
I am here to serve the moral majority

Cool - groovy - morning - fine
(If white)
Tipper Gore was a friend of mine
(America)
I love a free country
(told the truth)
The stars and stripes and an apple for mommy
(for one day)

Zapruder the first to masturbate
The world's first taste of crucified grace
And we say: there's not enough black in the union jack
And we say: there's too much white in the stars and stripes

Fuck the Brady bill
Fuck the Brady bill
If God made man they say
Sam Colt made him equal

I have posted these lyricsa mainly because of the double meaning. The first on is the more obvious hypocrosy of American foreign policy and the 2nd which is with regards to hypocritical gun culture.

I feel so sorry for the victims of this tragedy, but like columbine im almost expecting hollywood to turn this into a film. The sooner US starts to look at there own gun culture the better. Do you need guns to live day to day?

Answer no. People will always kill each otehr over nothing its nature for you, but if you lessen the risk then theres killings become less frequent worked somewhat in the UK, why not the US and after columbine and now this why not start now.
mild_child
Opening Act

love the roses and believe in angels

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2007, 04:08:30 AM »

it's absurd...This world is going mad...That's not love, that;s illness...

once, someone said: "live and let die"
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2007, 06:40:51 AM »

i never got the point.

so just in case the government go all tyrannical on you, you've all got guns to take them down? Huh

i don't know about you, maybe that would have worked in the 1700's, but right now it wouldn't do anything. the army is far too powerful even against a shitload of gun crazed civillian militia.

there are otherways to overthrow a government. you've had the chance to do it every 4 years i think. its called voting.

and to the people saying "oh people kill people guns are just a means". well fucking duh, but with a gun somebody can take out 30+ people.

just look at other countries with gun control. i don't remember any school shootings here in Australia or in the UK. yeah they happen rarely in the US. but wouldn't you want them to not happen at ALL. how many times are you just gonna turn a blind eye and say "oh well.........it was a sick person..................but we love our guns because they protect us from the bad guys".

the other day....i heard a story from my old highschool that some kid tried to stab another kid with scissors. infact he accomplished that and the ambulance was called. luckily he didn't pierce any vital organs. just think what would happen if the kid was able to get a gun.

once i saw on the news at some school some kid brought a crossbow and fired it at a girl he hated. luckily it only pierced right through her shoulder. just think if that lunatic had a gun.

there are some real nuts out there. why make it easier for them to fulfill their desires of killing someone else or even multiple people.
cliffburton
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 06:47:46 AM »

In the UK a madman went into a school and shot children a decade ago and over night every gun was banned, shooting clubs were banned - the government did everything it could possibly do

America will just wait for the next shooting and condemn the ''evil'' individual society had armed

So you're condoning a reactionary measure? ?you're saying because of one isolated incident, banning every firearm in the UK overnight was justified? ?What about rationale discourse. ?Just because one dog bites someone doesn't mean we euthanize all of our canine companions. ?You mentioning this as a positive shows just how emotional this issue is. ?Rather than look at it objectively, people assert that guns are bad and refuse to listen to anything that shows that to be bullshit.

It appears that this man was an international student, meaning he wasn't legally allowed to own guns - so he got them illegally!!!!!! ? He had chains to lock the doors and magazines loaded with ammo as well as possibly made the three bomb threats the week prior to gauge response time. ?In other words this was pre-meditated. ?The legal access to fireamrs wasn't a factor and he could have easily constructed a bomb or conceived another method if he was this helll bent on murdering people. ?If all these reports turn out to be true, no gun law in the world could have stopped this. ?There were over 100 guns laws in play at Columbine too, but criminals don't give a fuck about the law. ?Law abiding citizens don't murder people and I'd be willing to wager not a single one of you can show me a trend where people get angry, hop down to the gun store, buy a gun and blow someone away. ?It doesn't happen.

In the entire 20th century, only one murder was committed with a legally owned machine gun in the United States, and the criminal was a cop. ?Do some fucking research on the issue and think rather than feel. ?More babies drown in 5 gallon buckets every year then are shot, but you never here about that. ?The whole gun issue is a media driven frenzy bought into and repeated by idiots. ?The right to bear arms is the most important freedom we have and every objective study shows that crime rates are dropping while gun ownership increases. ?Concealed weapons holders are statistically more law abiding than policeman; the people some of you think should be the only ones armed.
cliffburton
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2007, 06:55:21 AM »

i never got the point.

so just in case the government go all tyrannical on you, you've all got guns to take them down? Huh

i don't know about you, maybe that would have worked in the 1700's, but right now it wouldn't do anything. the army is far too powerful even against a shitload of gun crazed civillian militia.

there are otherways to overthrow a government. you've had the chance to do it every 4 years i think. its called voting.

and to the people saying "oh people kill people guns are just a means". well fucking duh, but with a gun somebody can take out 30+ people.

just look at other countries with gun control. i don't remember any school shootings here in Australia or in the UK. yeah they happen rarely in the US. but wouldn't you want them to not happen at ALL. how many times are you just gonna turn a blind eye and say "oh well.........it was a sick person..................but we love our guns because they protect us from the bad guys".

the other day....i heard a story from my old highschool that some kid tried to stab another kid with scissors. infact he accomplished that and the ambulance was called. luckily he didn't pierce any vital organs. just think what would happen if the kid was able to get a gun.

once i saw on the news at some school some kid brought a crossbow and fired it at a girl he hated. luckily it only pierced right through her shoulder. just think if that lunatic had a gun.

there are some real nuts out there. why make it easier for them to fulfill their desires of killing someone else or even multiple people.

School shootings do happen in gun control countries.  One happened in Europe just last year, Germany I believe.  Your examples show how little you know about guns or the weapons you mention.  In many aspects it would be worse to be shot with a cross bow than a gun.  A cross bow is meant to continually cut and cause internal bleeding while a bullet is designed to go straight through.  How you can compare a student with scissors to a gun is beyond me.

Children can't have access to handguns legally, so only irresponsible adults can allow that access.  That's what this ultimately comes down to on both sides of the coin.  The personal responsibility to be able to defend oneself with appropriate means (everyone in Switzerland is required to have a firearm) while being responsible in sotrage and use of said weapon.  Many of you are simple projecting your own behaviors onto others.  The fact that many of you are so reactionary and emotional is justification why maybe you shouldn't have a gun, but not why I shouldn't. 

I love how some of you are like, "we can't beat the Army, so why even bother."  Wow, talk about cowardice and not believing in something.  Assuming that the Army was on teh side of a tyranical leader, and that is a safe assumption,  wouldn't it be better to die trying to save your country and freedoms rather than being a slave.  You can vote until you're blue in the face but that won't mean shit to a tyrnaical government,; you'd have no way to enforce your vote.

I'm done ranting for a while, I need to get away from all this kindergarden politics.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 08:06:43 AM »

Could someone point out how easy it is to get a gun in us?

Here we need a license.

It's sad what happened and maybe if someone would've carried a gun, he could've shot the gunman. Or even a stungun.

Then again, even with our gun policy here, even I know the people to call if I need one. So I don't really think banning all the guns would be a soltution.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:50:34 AM by Sin Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: