Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rambo?s Sylvester Stallone supports gun control
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rambo?s Sylvester Stallone supports gun control  (Read 8966 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »

Wow...just stopped in here and was shaking my head after reading two posts.  Educate yourselves.  You sound like parrots.  You know how bullshit the media reporting is on Guns N Roses?  Why would you trust them on any other subject?  Every story I have ever heard that touched on a subject I am intimately familiar with was loaded with inaccuracies.  The lazy newsmedia are just pulling their storys from political talking points.  Your 'assault weapons' are just a fancy evil sounding name that have no relationship to the caliber, rate of fire, or capabilities of a weapon.  All firearms are deadly - it is an indisputable fact.  They are designed to be...You don't send a projectile downrange at a super high velocity to punch holes in paper...we have conductors on trains that can do that.  The mass killings in CT were done with handguns - not scary black 'assault weapons' - in fact the 'assault weapon' was left in the car probably because he was afraid he would be seen with it and be prevented from entering the school.  There have been more deadly mass killings with explosives (which can be easily made), with hijacked planes, and very close with knives.  If you are one of the nutjobs that thinks reloading is going to stop these people, or will somehow lessen the death toll, you have your head buried in the sand.  If they are planning on killing as many people as they can, are they going to worry about double parking (I guess it depends how crazy he/she really is)? Then why would they care that the 30rd magazine is illegal?  They can go to any streetcorner to their neighborhood crack dealer and buy an unlicensed, illegal gun - like a full auto tech-9 bullet hose.  I'm not trying to change anyones mind, because I know how scary guns can be for the 'peace & love' crowd...but at least get the facts straight and try to learn a little bit about what you are ranting/writing/protesting for/against.  Crazy people do crazy things.  All the warning signs were there for the last 3 - and I'm sure every one before that.  The youtube 'fat ninja' is the next one.  People like that need serious mental help.

As for the background check nonsense - nobody would have a problem if it were the instant check/no records kept...walk into your local police station and get a thumbs up.  What the anti-gunners are pushing for is a record of ALL gun sales, including interpersonal swaps/sales.  A record that effectively creates a national gun registry.  A registry of legal guns and their owners.  What purpose could that possibly serve?  We have already seen what the disgusting news media will do with THAT.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:49:17 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »

I would love to hear an official definition for Assault Riffle, because yours doesn't pass muster, semi auto AR15's aren't designed for the military, they are civilian versions of the fully automatic M16/M4. You have to pull the trigger once for every bullet that leaves the chamber.

Here's the one from 2000, an update to the previous Clinton Era ban which expired, and the update died (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/genchar2

That is why I love your posts and responses. In 5 minutes of research you brought more knowledge to the conversation than I have heard in years of this debate. To most people assualt rifle is AR15 and nothing else, which is what drives me crazy... a large number of people who want to ban 'it' don't know what 'it' is, and don't want to take the time to learn about the topic they are arguing.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »

Wow...just stopped in here and was shaking my head after reading two posts.  Educate yourselves.  You sound like parrots.  You know how bullshit the media reporting is on Guns N Roses?  Why would you trust them on any other subject? 

The mass killings in CT were done with handguns - not scary black 'assault weapons' - in fact the 'assault weapon' was left in the car

You actually got that tid bit from the media you are complaining about. He absolutely killed 26 people with a Bushmaster XM15 (AR15 style rifle). The only person in that building who lost their life to a handgun was Adam Lanza himself.

He left a shotgun in the trunk. A Bushmaster and a Sig handgun were found next to his body in the school, and 'dozens' of .223 casings were recovered from the scene.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »

I get that the average person has no practical need for a semi automatic when it is regarding hunting or protecting the home and family against an intruder.  My reluctance on gun control stems from my distrust of the government and the real effectiveness gun laws would really have. I am all for background checks and screenings, these should be made tougher and more effective.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:08:17 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: