Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2024, 03:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227970 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Neil Young's book
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neil Young's book  (Read 2877 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »

Anybody reading it?  Waging Heavy Peace

He's kind of rambling all over the place but I'm following along okay.  You know, let the guy talk.  I'm amazed at his age he still has all these great things he's planning on doing.  It's like he has no end in sight yet he's telling you about all his friends he misses because they died.

Anyway he's really into changing the sound we hear in music.  Yes, another word from our sponsor, Pure Tone.  hihi  Anybody know if that's a go in the music industry?

It's a shame he hasn't written a song since he quit smoking pot in 2011.  He says a lot about the muse of his art.  Kind of neat how he thinks about it.

It's all rambling but comes together nicely in a real feel for the guy.  Sounds like a great life to me.  Think we should have given all hippies a shit load of money, life would be good.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13:38 PM »

I just thought it was in "Shakey" style, I didn't think it rambled as much as give you insight to these different things going on in his life,as well as delving into some history to make a biography out of it, before he got too old. It's the right time in his life to put it out.

Neil's seen and experienced excesses and egos like any big artist has, he doesn't like being held back and told what to do.

He's far from a gentle hippie. Crazy Horse has driven people to leave shows, so have his political songs. I think "Year of the Horse", "Deja Vu", "Journeys", and "Heart of Gold" give you a pretty good look at the man in different elements. Also having seen "Human Highway" and "Journey Through the Past", he is without a doubt quirky as they come.

He has so much music that's still in the vaults that he had to stop himself from writing songs. I'm sure he has the whole thing outlined, but Archives I was pretty dense.

But this is probably his favorite thing to do, it's something that he involved his family with and put his money into. I wonder if the guys in GNR got to see his train room when they went to his ranch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UENULIH0Ks
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »

I wonder if they got to hear Pure Tone (renamed Pono)?

Shakey style has to have more focus/organization that this.  hihi  I like it thought.

Not many pages left with Neil and then I'm off on a motorcycle trip with the Rush drummer.  You know I'm anxious to leave.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »

Did you find the end of that book incredibly sad?  Long may he run but I hope he finds his friends in the end.

Anyway, I'm off on the back of a bike up the Alaska highway.  I thought the Michigan folks rode in cold weather, I'm freezing just reading the book!  Obvious he didn't dirt bike ride as a kid.  He's already dropped the bike twice--lol

cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:12:12 AM »

omg what is wrong with this guy?  Just when I think he's got some dirt bike experience under his belt from this trip, he goes down again.  You don't ride in the center of the road because of the oil.  You especially don't when it mixes with rain.  It's like driving on an oil slick, he was down before he even knew it was coming, fucked up the bike big time.  Luckily it's a BMW and it's going to still run.  This guy is making me a nervous wreck.  hihi

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: