Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227875 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 98889 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »

Led Zeppelin set for ?250million world tour

Supergroup Led Zeppelin are set to reform for a world tour after their triumphant one-off reunion concert.

The Whole Lotta Love legends, with more than 300 million album sales worldwide, are ready to rock 'n roll again to mark their 40th anniversary this year.

And like the Rolling Stones, they could each make up to ?10million.

Fans have been calling for Led Zep to tour after their successful gig at London's 02 Arena last December, which saw Jason Bonham on drums in place of late dad John.

Singer Robert Plant, 59, was originally opposed to the idea but has been talked round by bandmates Jimmy Page, 64, and John Paul Jones, 62.

A long-time pal, Whitesnake's frontman David Coverdale, said yesterday the tour was "very likely" and he was expecting to be the support act.

David said: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions!

"Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones world tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible."

A source added: "A couple of months ago, it looked unlikely because Robert was against the idea.

"But now it looks almost certain. It would either be at the end of this year or early 2009."

Hmm apparently everyones been guranteed an opening spot lol
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:18:38 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

ok peace beer Cheesy Grin

Fukin Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Chief
Legend

« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »

what's the source on this? i'm still skeptical!!

Supergroup Led Zeppelin are set to reform for a world tour after their triumphant one-off reunion concert.

The Whole Lotta Love legends, with more than 300 million album sales worldwide, are ready to rock 'n roll again to mark their 40th anniversary this year.

And like the Rolling Stones, they could each make up to ?10million.

Fans have been calling for Led Zep to tour after their successful gig at London's 02 Arena last December, which saw Jason Bonham on drums in place of late dad John.

Advertisement
 Singer Robert Plant, 59, was originally opposed to the idea but has been talked round by bandmates Jimmy Page, 64, and John Paul Jones, 62.

A long-time pal, Whitesnake's frontman David Coverdale, said yesterday the tour was "very likely" and he was expecting to be the support act.

David said: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions!

"Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones world tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible."

A source added: "A couple of months ago, it looked unlikely because Robert was against the idea.

"But now it looks almost certain. It would either be at the end of this year or early 2009."

Hmm apparently everyones been guranteed an opening spot lol

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »

lmao coverdale has one major ego!

i thought plant disliked him.

html sucks
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2008, 04:41:24 PM »

i've always been against the idea of led zeppelin touring again... BUT...

BUT WITH WHITESNAKE OPENING HOLY SHIT I WAS WRONG,  i mean... whitesnake dude... i might just leave before zep takes the stage, i dont know if they could follow the greatness and goodness of whitesnake.  i wonder if they'll sing 'here we go again'.  oh man if they do im gonna poop right in my pants during the show- then i would have to leave early for sure. 

im sure the reason zeppelin did'nt re-unite sooner is that whitesnake was too busy to carry them.

drool beer drool Lips Sealed no nervous
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #445 on: May 11, 2008, 02:23:35 AM »

Damn, now I have to clean the drool off my keyboard. yes

Though, I am with Chief; I'll believe it when I'm there.

i've always been against the idea of led zeppelin touring again... BUT...

BUT WITH WHITESNAKE OPENING HOLY SHIT I WAS WRONG,  i mean... whitesnake dude... i might just leave before zep takes the stage, i dont know if they could follow the greatness and goodness of whitesnake.  i wonder if they'll sing 'here we go again'.  oh man if they do im gonna poop right in my pants during the show- then i would have to leave early for sure. 

im sure the reason zeppelin did'nt re-unite sooner is that whitesnake was too busy to carry them.

drool beer drool Lips Sealed no nervous

That is funny.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #446 on: May 11, 2008, 06:32:36 AM »

Hell yeah!  beer

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GeraldFord
« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2008, 07:22:08 AM »

PG
HOTH
IV
III
I
Presence
II
ITTOD
Coda
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #448 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:08 AM »

I heard about this the other day. Still don't know if it's real or not.

There's nothing on LZ's official website about it...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #449 on: May 11, 2008, 07:44:03 AM »

PG
HOTH
IV
III
I
Presence
II
ITTOD
Coda

Hum, that got me thinking about "Tangerine"

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »

PG isn't my favourite Zeppelin album but it does have Down By The Seaside and Sick Again on it. Awesome songs. yes

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2008, 04:34:03 PM »

A bit late...but the London reunion stuff was just embarrasing....and this comes from a guy who is really into them.

Most songs were tuned down a lot to make sure Plant could try and hold a tune, which made Page sound very "loose"....his playing was laughable many times, I mean the violin bow solo...what was that all about Huh

Plant had auto pitch on and it was having a hard time...you can hear it skip drastically in SIBLY at one point...I mean....that was so noticable, I laughed out loud.

Yes they are old blablabla, not at their peak yaddayadda but that doesn't mean I am going to praise a rubbish performance as awesome  peace

3/10

This signature is very funny.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #452 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:06 PM »

are they going to tour or was that one show in england it?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #453 on: May 14, 2008, 10:58:19 PM »

A bit late...but the London reunion stuff was just embarrasing....and this comes from a guy who is really into them.

Most songs were tuned down a lot to make sure Plant could try and hold a tune, which made Page sound very "loose"....his playing was laughable many times, I mean the violin bow solo...what was that all about Huh

Plant had auto pitch on and it was having a hard time...you can hear it skip drastically in SIBLY at one point...I mean....that was so noticable, I laughed out loud.

Yes they are old blablabla, not at their peak yaddayadda but that doesn't mean I am going to praise a rubbish performance as awesome  peace

3/10

You dare ask what was the violin bow solo was all about?  Blasphemy!!!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2008, 11:44:06 PM »

3/10

If you were really "into" them you'd know Page has used the bow for a solo throughout the bands career.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2008, 01:50:38 AM »

3/10

If you were really "into" them you'd know Page has used the bow for a solo throughout the bands career.

Maybe if he wasn't busy with his fashion work, he would know.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #456 on: May 16, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »

Obviously some here are very slow in understanding things said in a simple way....I'll try it slower.

The violin bow thing he tried was just laughable compared to let's say 1973...at the mediocre "re-union" the violin bow part was just feedback and way too much overdrive to hide the fact he can't play it anymore. He didn't even play 1 decent note while in the 70s he could play entire solos with it.

Now you get it? Slow enough?  peace

And yes the songs were tuned down way lower so Plant could pretend he can still sing them...fooling many who actually bought it...and yes he had auto tune on, just listen to SIBLY, it can't be clearer than that when it skips like 2 whole notes because the program couldn't figure out what pitch it came closest to, LOL!

Some people at the Zep forums even call it the best LZ gig ever and stuff.....I mean, nostalgia really makes people dumb, deaf and blind at the same time. This was very poor compared to the mighty Zep I know and I have 134 live bootlegs to compare peace

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #457 on: May 16, 2008, 09:48:07 AM »

Isn't this all a matter of opinion?

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #458 on: May 16, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »

Isn't this all a matter of opinion?

The use of auto tune and the tuning down of all instruments so the singer can pretend he can still sing the songs are no opinions but facts. It is also the reason Plant doesn't want a world tour even when they had been offered 100 million each, (a close source said the latter, the amount of money, not the lack of his vocal abilities).

And the violin bow solo, if you think the feedback and saturated overdrive drivel was better than the way he did it in the 70s...well...I guess that is your opinion then  peace

Excuse me now but my new neighbor has his rap rubbish on too loud, so I am going to knock his door out..."this agression will not stand, man"  love
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:07:15 PM by Atillla » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #459 on: May 16, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

the tuning down of all instruments so the singer can pretend he can still sing the songs are no opinions but facts.

they didn't do that to pretend that he could still sing though.. they did it so it would sound better for the audience because fact is that plants voice can't reach all the high notes anymore, just like all people his voice changed due to aging..

they even admitted that they were tuning it down before they played the gig if i remember correctly
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: