Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fascism on the board
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fascism on the board  (Read 33710 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2005, 07:48:06 AM »

It keeps on going...................

"And can you imagine the improvements that we would see if we forced sterilization of certain groups?? If we sterilized drug addicts, the hopelessly impoverished and all liberals...wouldn't this country improve almost over night?"

Charity Case

I read that, and would have posted but the thread was locked.

I'm sorry...that's just going too far.? It's tantamount to the Nazi procedure of forced sterilization of the mentally ill and handicapped.

There is absolutely no call for that kind of bullshit.? You're right about some "jokes" just not being very funny.

For the record...I'm offended.

You omitted the last thing in that post.  I included a smiley face in that post to indicate that it was a joke.  I think you could tell it was a joke by my inclusion of liberals in the group, howver I included the smiley face to make sure everyone knew it was a joke.

Is this how you fight your battles pilferl?  Do you go to the most obscure section of the board and cray about how offended you are and misrepresent what I had typed?  Please, how fucking sensitive are you that you have to cry to the admins ont he board about a statement that was clearly a joke.  You guys must be so much fun in real life.   Roll Eyes
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2005, 07:53:24 AM »

This is HTGTH. Hardly a politically correct arena.

You're an established and intelligent member.

Charity Case is one of "them".

At HTGTH "we" point and laugh at "them".

The HTGTH administration will take care of "them" if and when need be.

Still with me?

Now, here are a few things to ponder:

First off if you get offended by such remarks then perhaps you should rethink your participation here, 'cause it ain't the first or last time we're going to get 'em.

Secondly, who in their right mind would actively endorse forced sterilization of particular groups? Especially here! This is a predominantly liberal forum in case you haven't noticed, replete with middle class netizens (neither "we" nor "them") who would vehemently renounce such notions for a myriad of different reasons; not the least of which is the aforementioned tilt toward one particular side of the political axis.

Moreover, by going against the prevailing wind on an Internet forum you stand to stand alone. You know, a good luck establishing a power base kind of thing? So what's the point, eh?

But of course all things are circumstantial and we have here SLCPUNK (an established and intelligent member) being as I put it - a politicized one-man whirlwind. This guy breathes American domestic politics. He even goes so far as to try and score cheap political points at every available opportunity; often alienating some of the conservative folk along the way.

Naturally these folk want to be heard and throw in on a discussion. As a result they are oftentimes condescendingly flouted by Mr. SLC and feel quite powerless at the time as their views were never truly accepted here and hence they have very little sympathy from those around them. Whereas SLC is one of the more prominent members of this site, easily pulling in support from the periphery.

So who wins?

And what happens then? They start banding together and we have what we have here today (no pun intended) - a highly personal ideological war. And it's being fought on both sides. Incidentally though the conservative rat pack happens to made up of mostly "them".

Starting to get the picture?

Comments such as those made by Charity Case are in reality little more than personal digs. Personal digs that are only brought into the all-encompassing light because SLC refuses to deal directly with the monsters he creates. Much more preferable to him appears to be crying foul from the angle of generic morality 101 and appealing to the powers that be for removal of the perpetrator, or, to follow a current line of thought here on the forum, whining incessantly about entire groups of people under the guise of giving the admin and indeed the entire forum a helping hand.

But you see what some people fail to realize is that the administration always has and always will adequately take care of problem users. And the last thing needed is members pushing for removal of those who adhere to a particular ideology, which is fundamentally what this all boils down to.

And you, pilfuck are showing support for this harebrained cause simply by adding your one cent worth of offense into the mix.

You're also highlighting a narrowminded worldview. For I know of no one from my politically CORRECT meandering who would brand Charity's comments as other than an angle to be explored. But of course that's not the case here and I'm not bothering to get abstract on one little pile of shit.

Oh, and you didn't get my antithetical bit? Shame, it's funny. Because you see some people in their right mind actually would push for forced sterilization of particular groups... yes...

...apparently.

OK, I got at least 1/2 that time.

1) I don't want Charity banned.  I didn't ask for him to be banned.  I simply said his comment offended me.  It did.

2) I would think most reasonable people would find the insinuation of forced sterilization offensive....and not very funny.

3) I'm quite sure other people will make remarks, in the future, that offend me.  Since it IS a discussion forum, I think pointing out when something is particularly offensive is part of the whole "gist" of things, ain't it?  Isn't the whole point of a forum to communitcate and express one's opinions?

4) I have no desire to ever form any sort of "power base".

I think that about covers it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2005, 08:02:26 AM »

It keeps on going...................

"And can you imagine the improvements that we would see if we forced sterilization of certain groups?? If we sterilized drug addicts, the hopelessly impoverished and all liberals...wouldn't this country improve almost over night?"

Charity Case

I read that, and would have posted but the thread was locked.

I'm sorry...that's just going too far.? It's tantamount to the Nazi procedure of forced sterilization of the mentally ill and handicapped.

There is absolutely no call for that kind of bullshit.? You're right about some "jokes" just not being very funny.

For the record...I'm offended.

You omitted the last thing in that post.? I included a smiley face in that post to indicate that it was a joke.? I think you could tell it was a joke by my inclusion of liberals in the group, howver I included the smiley face to make sure everyone knew it was a joke.

Is this how you fight your battles pilferl?? Do you go to the most obscure section of the board and cray about how offended you are and misrepresent what I had typed?? Please, how fucking sensitive are you that you have to cry to the admins ont he board about a statement that was clearly a joke.? You guys must be so much fun in real life.? ?Roll Eyes

First off, I didn't omit anything.? The original quote is SLC's.? I simply replied to it with the quote feature.

Charity, no matter what you might think, I hardly feel I'm at "war" with you.? I don't feel you're a "battle" to be fought.? I was perusing SLC's posts, saw HIS post on the subject, remembered reading YOUR post in the thread....but the thread was locked before I could comment on it.? So I placed the comment here, since SLC had brought the subject up.?I didn't "go to the most obscure part of the board" intentionally to hide my comments (if I'd wanted to do that, I would have simply PM'd jarmo about it)...I did it because the original thread where the comment was made was locked...and the subject was reintroduced here.  Your paranoia speaks VOLUMES...

And perhaps you need to read what I wrote, again.? I know it was a joke.? That's why I said some jokes just aren't funny.? This one wasn't.? It was offensive, and in poor taste.? Perhaps you'd like me to provide you some info on the atrocities of forced sterilization over history.....It's not a funny subject.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 08:05:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2005, 08:04:10 AM »

I am just now realizing (after reading this thread and others in this part of the forum) what goes on here with the liberals. ?This is so typically liberal that it makes me laugh to no end. ?So let me summarize it:

1. Someone starts a thread in the Jungle (usually a liberal), and discussion ensues. ?It is a discussion mostly between two set groups. ?Meaning, that the same people usually take the opposing sides of the arguement and battle it out. ?It has been fairly clean in my opinion, but both sides have gone over board from time to time.

2. ?When the liberals get offended (and lets be honest they get offended rather easily), they come running to this section to cry that certain members are out of line or should be banned. ?This is fucking hysterical to me. ?I would never think of doing this regardless of what anyone posted. ?This is beyond funny. ?It is such a completely different mind set from mine. ?I am prepared to fight my own battles. ?I guess that speaks to the fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives.

For the record, and its all in black an white, someone asked in a joking manner if we conservatives were so extreme that we would even condone sterlizations (this is paraphrasing). ?I replied in a like manner as indicated above followed by a smiley face to make sure everyone knew it was a joke. ?Do I think we should sterlize group of people...no. ?Well, with the exception of rapists and child molestors and people who committ incest, no. ?

I just think this is so 'liberal' to come crying about being offended by an obvious joke. ?Do you run out of the room when someone in real life tells an off color joke? ?Do you cry to the boss when a co-worker tells an off color joke? ?I cannot fathom doing what you guys do...basically crying to your momma about a joke.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2005, 08:09:04 AM »

I am just now realizing (after reading this thread and others in this part of the forum) what goes on here with the liberals. ?This is so typically liberal that it makes me laugh to no end. ?So let me summarize it:

1. Someone starts a thread in the Jungle (usually a liberal), and discussion ensues. ?It is a discussion mostly between two set groups. ?Meaning, that the same people usually take the opposing sides of the arguement and battle it out. ?It has been fairly clean in my opinion, but both sides have gone over board from time to time.

2. ?When the liberals get offended (and lets be honest they get offended rather easily), they come running to this section to cry that certain members are out of line or should be banned. ?This is fucking hysterical to me. ?I would never think of doing this regardless of what anyone posted. ?This is beyond funny. ?It is such a completely different mind set from mine. ?I am prepared to fight my own battles. ?I guess that speaks to the fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives.

For the record, and its all in black an white, someone asked in a joking manner if we conservatives were so extreme that we would even condone sterlizations (this is paraphrasing). ?I replied in a like manner as indicated above followed by a smiley face to make sure everyone knew it was a joke. ?Do I think we should sterlize group of people...no. ?Well, with the exception of rapists and child molestors and people who committ incest, no. ?

I just think this is so 'liberal' to come crying about being offended by an obvious joke. ?Do you run out of the room when someone in real life tells an off color joke? ?Do you cry to the boss when a co-worker tells an off color joke? ?I cannot fathom doing what you guys do...basically crying to your momma about a joke.

I turn to my wife, or friends, and say "Hey, well, that was inappropriate", yes.

As for getting offended easily, I guess that's true if you think racism, biggotry, forced sterilization, accusing someone of being a Nazi, etc aren't offensive.? But, if you do, I don't rightly care if you think I get offended easily.

And how is posting here not "fighting our own battles"?  Explain that to me, please....in light of the fact the original thread was locked and no further discussion could ensue there.   Right......
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 08:12:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2005, 08:09:08 AM »

Your paranoia speaks VOLUMES...

I am so paranoid that I didn't even realize this section existed until someone pointed it out in The Jungle. ?I am the least paranoid person you know.

And perhaps you need to read what I wrote, again.? I know it was a joke.? That's why I said some jokes just aren't funny.? This one wasn't.? It was offensive, and in poor taste.? Perhaps you'd like me to provide you some info on the atrocities of forced sterilization over history.....It's not a funny subject.

I think including liberals in there made it pretty funny. ?But regardless, just because your sense of humor or your sensivitities don't match mine isn't a reason to go crying to the admins. ?Ignore it if you don't think it is funny.

For the record, I'll be going back to The Jungle for these discussion...this section of the board is for other purposes.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2005, 08:14:08 AM »

I think including liberals in there made it pretty funny. ?But regardless, just because your sense of humor or your sensivitities don't match mine isn't a reason to go crying to the admins. ?Ignore it if you don't think it is funny.

For the record, I'll be going back to The Jungle for these discussion...this section of the board is for other purposes.

As I said, some jokes aren't funny...and the fact you think it is, no matter who the inclusive groups are, speaks directly to your character.

I didn't go "crying to the admins".? What part of "the original thread was locked" is being lost on you, eh?? I didn't report the post to moderator (the link at the bottom of your post).? Hell, I didn't even comment on it til SLC brought it back up again.

Edit: Oh, and just where is anyone asking you to be banned??

Man, rewriting history must be such a fun job....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 09:28:54 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2005, 08:54:58 AM »

Right, let's all do the happy dance.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MCT
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2005, 10:50:16 AM »

pilferk,

You know the first end of a writer is to be understood and to create a context in which other people can think*. But it becomes the reader's problem when every little nuance must be carefully laid out before them in order to assist in brandishing their boxed-in pretension.

At their best, your four points go together with my post about as good as a cat and mouse would go together in an old school cartoon.

* Something that I admittedly don't achieve here on a regular basis... Cheesy
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2005, 12:13:45 PM »

pilferk,

You know the first end of a writer is to be understood and to create a context in which other people can think*. But it becomes the reader's problem when every little nuance must be carefully laid out before them in order to assist in brandishing their boxed-in pretension.

At their best, your four points go together with my post about as good as a cat and mouse would go together in an old school cartoon.

* Something that I admittedly don't achieve here on a regular basis... Cheesy

MCT, it's not the points you make, it's the language you use.? I'm as verbose as the next guy...and sometimes, the words you use don't make a whole lot of sense in the context you use them in....so readers are left to infer what the fuck you're talking about.? Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose (keep in mind, I'm not talking specifically about the posts in question).

And Tom and Jerry got along perfectly well in those later versions. Smiley?

The points I made were not meant as much as a response to your post, but as a clarification to mine, and, in turn, a clarification for you on my reasoning for posting.? If my post was taken for some sort of support for ANYONE's "agenda", that was not it's intent.? I was simply expressing my opinion, and my opinion alone.? I'm not trying to "help out the mods" or call for Charity's banning, or wage some closet, secret battle against the conservs.? Again, my MOTHER could have walked up to me and said the same thing and I would have expressed the same opinion.

Just my opinion, and mine alone.

Together again,
MCT
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2005, 01:35:58 PM »

...sometimes, the words you use don't make a whole lot of sense in the context you use them in

I disagree. They usually make perfect sense in collusion with the internally consistent construct I present. It's simply a matter of following that.

Am I gratuitously verbose? Yes. But I'll cover that in a sec.

....so readers are left to infer what the fuck you're talking about.?

True. But only on this forum.

You see I normally write in a much more condensed style than I normally employ here. But to do so requires investment of emotion and I'm normally emotionally distant 99% of the time when I decide to write up a post here. So what results is, as you hinted, loose verbosity.

But to be perfectly honest I'm more than comfortable with it. Gives me a good laugh.

The points I made were not meant as much as a response to your post, but as a clarification to mine, and, in turn, a clarification for you on my reasoning for posting.? If my post was taken for some sort of support for ANYONE's "agenda", that was not it's intent.? I was simply expressing my opinion, and my opinion alone.? I'm not trying to "help out the mods" or call for Charity's banning, or wage some closet, secret battle against the conservs.? Again, my MOTHER could have walked up to me and said the same thing and I would have expressed the same opinion.

pilferk, I KNOW what you meant, I KNEW your motives. But that doesn't change the fact that you directly invoked my post which led me to choose the angle of attack that I did (the easy angle/remember my "emotional investment" bit?/I could go on all day talking about a fucking thumbtack!), and which makes me fundamentally right and you fundamentally wrong.

And yes, I DO care about such things as outmaneuvering other people. But in this case it's just a coincidence.

So I'm sorry but your above comment (while most likely being an earnest one) is really only a backpedal because that's just the way it unfolded.

Now if your going to be dealing with me in the future (and indeed this is an arrogant piece of advice) it wouldn't hurt to take my posts for what they are (internally consistent constructs) and to ask yourself - where's he REALLY taking me?

Go along for the ride! And keep your hands off the wheel 'till it's your turn, you know?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2005, 02:07:27 PM »

pilferk, I KNOW what you meant, I KNEW your motives. But that doesn't change the fact that you directly invoked my post which led me to choose the angle of attack that I did (the easy angle/remember my "emotional investment" bit?/I could go on all day talking about a fucking thumbtack!), and which makes me fundamentally right and you fundamentally wrong.

And yes, I DO care about such things as outmaneuvering other people. But in this case it's just a coincidence.

So I'm sorry but your above comment (while most likely being an earnest one) is really only a backpedal because that's just the way it unfolded.

Now if your going to be dealing with me in the future (and indeed this is an arrogant piece of advice) it wouldn't hurt to take my posts for what they are (internally consistent constructs) and to ask yourself - where's he REALLY taking me?

Go along for the ride! And keep your hands off the wheel 'till it's your turn, you know?
Edit:
No, it makes you fundametally wrong.? Wrong because if you knew the real intent of my post, and posted as you did, you misrepresented my intentions KNOWINGLY, and thus, are fundamentally wrong.?

As for your "ride"...well...I have another option:

Like, when visiting Disneyland, I'll just stay away from Space Mountain.? It's the oldest ride in park...and it's kinda boring (even with the recent update).

Sorry.

Note edits.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 02:31:59 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
MCT
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2005, 02:29:47 PM »

I do it for you but you won't do it for me?

no

You just shit out one faux pas after another, don't ya?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2005, 02:33:19 PM »

I do it for you but you won't do it for me?

no

You just shit out one faux pas after another, don't ya?

Case in point.

Faux Pas? No.

Cliche? Maybe.

I'm off to Big Thunder Mountain.....and then maybe Indiana Jones.

Together again,
MCT
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2005, 02:55:35 PM »

Every one of your silly little notions has already been covered. So you can fuck right off with your silly little games. You're not good enough.

What, are you mad at me for being me? Do you want me to want to suck you off or something? Huh? Wha? Are ya? Do ya?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2005, 04:13:10 PM »

Every one of your silly little notions has already been covered. So you can fuck right off with your silly little games. You're not good enough.

What, are you mad at me for being me? Do you want me to want to suck you off or something? Huh? Wha? Are ya? Do ya?

As I've said, repeatedly, I don't play games.? Nor do I aspire to be whatever you think is "good enough". 

You can play solitaire if you'd like.

I'm hardly mad at you for anything, least of all, you being you.

I just find your "rides" boring and sorta pointless.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 04:14:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2005, 04:22:32 PM »

I, said...

...Do the fucking happy dance.

Both of you.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2005, 04:24:16 PM »

I, said...

...Do the fucking happy dance.

Both of you.

Damn it Jim...I'm a poster, not a miracle worker!!

Together again,
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2005, 05:11:24 PM »

Do it or we'll set AG on your children.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider