Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 248131 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #940 on: December 26, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

what an absolute cock.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #941 on: December 26, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »

Eddie only slightly changed two lines. I'm copying and pasting this from someone's post on the PJ forums:

"When I stay to pillage her/She just throws it back at me" to "When I see her inner charm/She just throws it back at me"

"She just smiled and laughed at me/And took her blues back again" to "She just smiled and laughed at me/And took her rules back again"

The first line is the original, and the one after the "/" is Eddie's version. And you can't contest "eroding the integrity of the composition" in court, because it's subjective and not defined by any law. Plus, he was credited for the song anyway, so I'm sure he had to have had his permission to cover it.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #942 on: December 27, 2009, 02:00:45 AM »

The guy just wants money.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #943 on: January 01, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »

does anyone know where i can track down a pearl jam ticket stub.  I've been trying to get together all of the ticket stubs from concerts i've been too.. and i can't find the ticket stub from 10/2/96.. i remember it was an over sized ticket that wasn't issued by ticket master.  If anyone has one or knows where i could look please let me know.  pm me and quote a price if you have one that you want to sell.  thanks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #944 on: January 14, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »

In the last paragraph of this interview Stone Gossard says that Pearl Jam is working on new material in Seattle.

Opl?ftet over reaktionen p? koncerter og "Backspacer" har Pearl Jam allerede fundet inspiration til at arbejde p? nyt materiale. Det p?g?r i disse dage i Seattle.

http://gaffa.dk/artikel/36515

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #945 on: February 19, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »

Pearl Jam is scheduled to appear as the musical guest for the March 13th episode of Saturday Night Live. The band will perform songs from Backspacer.

Further details, including the episode host will be announced by SNL in the coming weeks.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #946 on: February 20, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »

songs from Backspacer.
Oh God.  nervous

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »

Sweet I loved backspacer.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #948 on: March 13, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »

http://www.livedaily.com/news/pearl-jam-tickets-and-tour-dates-pearl-jam-plugs-in-spring-arena-dates-21635.html

By Tjames Madison / LiveDaily Contributor

Pearl Jam [ tickets ] has announced new dates in support of the band's latest studio album, last fall's "Backspacer," lining up shows in 10 US cities this spring.

The outing gets underway May 3 in Kansas City, MO, ending with a May 20-21 pair of shows at New York's Madison Square Garden. Band of Horses will open all dates except the first night of the New York City engagement, when The Black Keys will open. Dates are at right.

Pre-sales begin March 15 an 9 a.m. PT for Pearl Jam Ten Club members only. Additional information is available on the band's website.

"Backspacer," Pearl Jam's ninth studio set and first since an eponymous 2006 release, hit stores last Sepetmber, featuring lead single "The Fixer."

Released in the US through the group's own label, Monkeywrench Records, the album debuted in the No. 1 slot on The Billboard 200, and in January continued the band's streak of achieving gold-record status on all of its full-length studio releases.

Pearl Jam recently announced plans to sell live recordings of some of its upcoming concerts exclusively through the band's website. The shows will be available in three formats: MP3, FLAC and burn-on-demand CDs.

May 2010
3 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
4 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
6 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
7 - Noblesville, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
9 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
10 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
13 - Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube
15 - Hartford, CT - XL Center
17 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden
20, 21 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

Pretty sweet!  If all goes to plan, I'll be seeing them in Hartford in May.  And they're on SNL tonight.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #949 on: March 13, 2010, 11:40:53 PM »

Fuck they've already done the northeast and midwest. What about the south and west?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #950 on: May 17, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »

I ended up getting a ticket to the show in Hartford the other night last minute and the show was awesome.  Crowd was really into it.  They played "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" for the first and only time ever, Eddie said. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6AUxNLDABg

All Along The Watchtower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8C8atk5sAw

The Fixer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrBXCkbycYQ

http://www.ctnow.com/entertainment/music/hc-pearl-jam-review-0516,0,2151484.story

By JACK CORAGGIO
Special To The Courant

6:02 p.m. EDT, May 16, 2010

Had Pearl Jam closed its Saturday show at Hartford's XL Center as it initially seemed it would, with stormy breakout alt-classic "Alive," it would've proved an adequate conclusion to the two-hour grunge resurrection.

But then came the coda. Not an encore, the tireless 20-year-old Seattle outfit already had two of those. This was a coda, a musical addendum for the otherwise satiated crowd.

The house lights came up, typically the egress signal. Yet the band stayed put, and with guitarist Mike McCready's cool note-warming velour, transitioned into the pensive "Indifference," a song whose haunting angst brought a sense of fraternal sing-and-clap-a-long camaraderie under rafter illumination.

Still not done, the politically-aware quintet known for its call-to-worthy-causes broke into a cover as socially demanding, if not lyrically perplexing, as anything Pearl Jam's ever written -- Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower."

But other than the house lights spotlighting every backward Red Sox, Yankees and Mets cap in the arena, the two-song coda wasn't far different than the 24-song concert that preceded it, at least in terms of active crowd participation and response.

Most of the crowd stood throughout the show. And if front man Eddie Vedder's unwavering, unmistakable baritone wasn't enough, the crowd often participated in vocal bolstering, echoing catchy choruses like "I don't want to take what you can give" during "Corduroy," or "Escape is never, the safest path," throughout "Dissident."

Indeed, supporting 2009 effort "Backspacer," the concert still managed to balance new material like soft-flannel "Speed of Sound" with a solid portion of 90's catalog. The inescapable "Jeremy," once the embodiment of grunge, was seated in the middle of the set, followed by acoustic-electric cocktail "Daughter."

But in a move that seemingly surprised even the band, whose genre represented the destruction of flashy glam-metal, Van Halen's glitzy "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love," was executed for what Vedder admitted would be the first and last time.

Still, it was done so with zeal and favor. Because Vedder is so adept at connecting with an audience, he sent it out to our stellar UConn women's basketball darlings.

"I hear they're the most badass team ever, they won 90 games in a row," said Vedder, meaning 78, but that's OK. "And two [consecutive] championships."

Seven altogether, but who's counting?

Fellow Seattle group Band of Horses opened, and with its atmospheric hit "The Funeral," did so quite marvelously.

Set 1
Unthought Known
Corduroy
Do The Evolution
Got Some
Severed Hand
Dissident
Low Light
Amongst The Waves
Even Flow
Nothingman
Johnny Guitar
I Got Id
Jeremy
Daughter / W.M.A.
Satan's Bed
Lukin
Gonna See My Friend
Encore 1
Just Breathe
Speed of Sound
State Of Love And Trust
Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love
Porch
Encore 2
The Fixer
Crazy Mary
Alive
Indifference
All Along The Watchtower
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:15:46 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #951 on: May 18, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »

Saw them in Bristow, VA last week. Great show. Wish I'd stayed a little more sober for it though.  Undecided

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #952 on: May 18, 2010, 03:26:32 PM »

I ended up getting a ticket to the show in Hartford the other night last minute and the show was awesome.  Crowd was really into it.  They played "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" for the first and only time ever, Eddie said. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6AUxNLDABg

All Along The Watchtower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8C8atk5sAw

The Fixer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrBXCkbycYQ

http://www.ctnow.com/entertainment/music/hc-pearl-jam-review-0516,0,2151484.story

By JACK CORAGGIO
Special To The Courant

6:02 p.m. EDT, May 16, 2010

Had Pearl Jam closed its Saturday show at Hartford's XL Center as it initially seemed it would, with stormy breakout alt-classic "Alive," it would've proved an adequate conclusion to the two-hour grunge resurrection.

But then came the coda. Not an encore, the tireless 20-year-old Seattle outfit already had two of those. This was a coda, a musical addendum for the otherwise satiated crowd.

The house lights came up, typically the egress signal. Yet the band stayed put, and with guitarist Mike McCready's cool note-warming velour, transitioned into the pensive "Indifference," a song whose haunting angst brought a sense of fraternal sing-and-clap-a-long camaraderie under rafter illumination.

Still not done, the politically-aware quintet known for its call-to-worthy-causes broke into a cover as socially demanding, if not lyrically perplexing, as anything Pearl Jam's ever written -- Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower."

But other than the house lights spotlighting every backward Red Sox, Yankees and Mets cap in the arena, the two-song coda wasn't far different than the 24-song concert that preceded it, at least in terms of active crowd participation and response.

Most of the crowd stood throughout the show. And if front man Eddie Vedder's unwavering, unmistakable baritone wasn't enough, the crowd often participated in vocal bolstering, echoing catchy choruses like "I don't want to take what you can give" during "Corduroy," or "Escape is never, the safest path," throughout "Dissident."

Indeed, supporting 2009 effort "Backspacer," the concert still managed to balance new material like soft-flannel "Speed of Sound" with a solid portion of 90's catalog. The inescapable "Jeremy," once the embodiment of grunge, was seated in the middle of the set, followed by acoustic-electric cocktail "Daughter."

But in a move that seemingly surprised even the band, whose genre represented the destruction of flashy glam-metal, Van Halen's glitzy "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love," was executed for what Vedder admitted would be the first and last time.

Still, it was done so with zeal and favor. Because Vedder is so adept at connecting with an audience, he sent it out to our stellar UConn women's basketball darlings.

"I hear they're the most badass team ever, they won 90 games in a row," said Vedder, meaning 78, but that's OK. "And two [consecutive] championships."

Seven altogether, but who's counting?

Fellow Seattle group Band of Horses opened, and with its atmospheric hit "The Funeral," did so quite marvelously.

Set 1
Unthought Known
Corduroy
Do The Evolution
Got Some
Severed Hand
Dissident
Low Light
Amongst The Waves
Even Flow
Nothingman
Johnny Guitar
I Got Id
Jeremy
Daughter / W.M.A.
Satan's Bed
Lukin
Gonna See My Friend
Encore 1
Just Breathe
Speed of Sound
State Of Love And Trust
Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love
Porch
Encore 2
The Fixer
Crazy Mary
Alive
Indifference
All Along The Watchtower

Wow interesting closer to the show. They usually end with either Yellow Leadbetter or Rockin' in the free world.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #953 on: June 10, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »

Pearl Jam Demo Accidentally Leaked

Jun 10th 2010

An unreleased Pearl Jam song called 'Better Days' was uncovered Tuesday when Antiquiet stumbled upon a digital posting of the tune. The song was only intended to be shared between three members of the band's management team and quickly circulated to music blogs before being pulled from the site that initially posted it, Monkey Wrench Records.

"Gary, [manager] Kelly [Curtis] wanted you to hear this, please give it a listen," wrote a man known only as "Pete" before the post was taken down. An search for information about the song on Pearl Jam's official message board also revealed that information on it had been removed.

Listen here: http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2010/06/pearl-jam-better-days/

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #954 on: June 10, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »

Jun 10th 2010

An unreleased Pearl Jam song called 'Better Days' was uncovered Tuesday when Antiquiet stumbled upon a digital posting of the tune. The song was only intended to be shared between three members of the band's management team and quickly circulated to music blogs before being pulled from the site that initially posted it, Monkey Wrench Records.

"Gary, [manager] Kelly [Curtis] wanted you to hear this, please give it a listen," wrote a man known only as "Pete" before the post was taken down. An search for information about the song on Pearl Jam's official message board also revealed that information on it had been removed.

Whoops!! I checked it out, a pretty good song. Supposedly a leftover from the Riot Act album that they re-recorded in 2008.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #955 on: June 18, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »

Jun 10th 2010

Whoops!! I checked it out, a pretty good song. Supposedly a leftover from the Riot Act album that they re-recorded in 2008.

Turns out the song ^^ is a new Eddie Vedder song.

http://pearljam.com/news/new-eddie-vedder-track-better-days-be-eat-pray-love-soundtrack

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #956 on: June 22, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »

anybody on here get the show bootlegs? my spectrum box set just arrived. last 4 nights of the venue, they played a huge amount of their catalogue over the 4 shows 10 and a half hours of live pearl jam  Grin

i wish more bands would do the bootleged shows like this.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #957 on: June 24, 2010, 12:11:02 PM »

im off to pearl jam tmrw at hyde park. cant wait
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #958 on: June 29, 2010, 07:14:49 AM »

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/

and pearl jam were godly at hyde park

Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #959 on: July 07, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/

and pearl jam were godly at hyde park

And they were great at Rock Werchter 2010 too. Just got back from a weekend of sweat and dirt, nice. Kick out the Jams with Dave Grohl to finish was a nice touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyGNij6xm8&feature=related

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: