Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:58:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  the best and worst.....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the best and worst.....  (Read 5928 times)
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« on: October 11, 2006, 12:33:46 AM »

We have alot of proud people in this forum, so what i want to know is,

what is the best thing about your counrty or state

but i also want to know

what is the worst thing about your country

politics, people, oppertunites ( work etc ), scenery.........

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:07:33 AM »

We have alot of proud people in this forum, so what i want to know is,

what is the best thing about your counrty or state

but i also want to know

what is the worst thing about your country

politics, people, oppertunites ( work etc ), scenery.........

ok SO  i will get it started..

I live in Australia, i would have to say that the best thing about my counry is the scenery, we have the most beautiful beaches in the world, and our rainforrests and ocean marine life are nothing below magnificent. plus our alcohol percentage per drink is higher than places like england and other places

the worst thing....  Huh would have to be the price of materials like fuel, oil and foods...

so all in all being an aussie is the best, if thats the worst thing i can think off  beer

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:14:55 AM »

The Best:

So many things to do in the United States.  And we're friendly, for the most part.

The Worst:

Our current president.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:18:14 AM »

The Best:

So many things to do in the United States.? And we're friendly, for the most part.

The Worst:

Our current president.

i can totally agree with this.  a couple of months ago i would've said gas prices, but they've gone down a lot in the last month or so, which i'm happy about.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 02:03:33 AM »

best - ............well....its Australia beer  ask any band thats tourd here!!!  BEAUTIFULL!!

worst - well, i have a sticker on my car that has a picture of Australia n' inside it says...FUCK OFF, WERE FULL!!
that should give u a good idea what i think!! hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 02:40:29 AM »

BEST England due to the country has soooo much history to explore, as a great country we once were!!

Angry

WORST Immigrants far 2 many in our country... they come to our country AND R EXPECTED 2 RESPECT THE WAY WE LIVE... but no they want things there own way... so why dont u fuck off back 2 the country ur from? well if I had my way I kcik them all out anyway.

rant

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:18:44 AM »

Canada

Best: Universal Health Care

Worst: Our current Prime Minister, though he doesn't have a majority, proving that perhaps God does love us.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »

EngLAND

Best: The rich HIStory of the British empire.

Worst: Immigrants and the WORKing class.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 09:32:21 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 10:05:47 AM »

India.

Best: Food, culture, the diversity and low cost of living.
Worst: Poverty, corruption, ....

Fuck 'Em All.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 06:40:30 PM »

BEST England due to the country has soooo much history to explore, as a great country we once were!!

Angry

WORST Immigrants far 2 many in our country... they come to our country AND R EXPECTED 2 RESPECT THE WAY WE LIVE... but no they want things there own way... so why dont u fuck off back 2 the country ur from? well if I had my way I kcik them all out anyway.

rant

USA....Best, many many concerts and things to do....
  Worst..EXACTLY the same reason as yours

Axl is God.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 06:45:09 PM »

NY, USA

The best:

So many things to do, concerts, fun, great people

The worst:

Bush rant
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 06:53:41 PM »

Israel

good : pretty  beautiful here , for soo little country there a lot of different nature areas

bad : politics , religious people

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 07:40:52 PM »

Pennsylvania:

Good:
Beautiful scenary, Philly isn't too bad, Lots of cool history and things to see and do,  we also have some good beer around here.

Bad:
PA can be compared to the anatomy of the rear end.  You have Philly and Shittsburgh as the cheeks and in the middle well....you know what that is.  There's nothing going on concert wise in central PA, Pittsburgh even sucks for the most part.  Philly is about the best thing we got going.  AND everyone is too wrapped up in sports.  I've never seen people so obsessed with fucking football or nascar.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 07:58:08 PM »

Best :

the girls..amazing over here  Grin, the people, very friendly, food (amazing), soccer, and tango (love it)

Worst:

politicians, and insecurity  no
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 02:44:43 AM »

The Best:

So many things to do in the United States.  And we're friendly, for the most part.

The Worst:

I just agree.

Our current president.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 03:13:43 AM »

Finland.

The Best:

Healthcare system, the whole 'safetynet' provided by our country for unemployed, practically free education, and a pretty safe place to live in terms of natural disasters and in terms of our current political climate as well.

The worst:

hmm... We've never been in the world cup? No, seriously though.. I can't think of any reasons to put here at the moment.. Maybe someone will think of one and I'll agree, but all the reasons I'm coming up with at the moment sound pretty petty and lame.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 06:37:40 AM »

best - ............well....its Australia beer? ask any band thats tourd here!!!? BEAUTIFULL!!

worst - well, i have a sticker on my car that has a picture of Australia n' inside it says...FUCK OFF, WERE FULL!!
that should give u a good idea what i think!! hihi

Australia? Full? Behave!

I live in England, the history and scenery is amazing but there are too many immigrants, it isn't the fact that they come here that gets to me it's the fact that they show no respect to our culture and just want to live with their own little cultures in their own little shanty towns, then bitch and moan when they're not integrated into English life!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Graciela
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 07:57:49 AM »

Worst: Immigrants

All of them?

I came to England to study English with the intention of staying a few months?. over eight years ago. I guess I liked it.

The best? The History, of course. I like English people, very polite most of them. Living in London, I feel like I?m at the centre of the world. So many things to do. It really is a great city.

Regarding the worst, the situation of the National Health Service is a bit worrying. Well, social services in general. This friend of mine, more of an acquaintance, had a baby a few months ago. She went to Social Services crying, saying that her boyfriend had left her. That?s not true, but now she lives in a nice apartment in Shepherds Bush with her baby, she is getting money off the government, and she still has a boyfriend with a well paid job. That really makes my blood boil, cos I?m paying for that. Last month she went to Cuba on holidays?
I?m not saying we shouldn?t have a benefits system, but it shouldn?t be so easy. It?s got to a point when for this people it doesn?t pay to go out and look for a job.

Immigration? Yeah, this might sound like a contradiction since I am an immigrant, but, yes, I do think it?s a problem. It becomes a problem when they don?t make the effort to integrate themselves in the community. I have been working and paying taxes since the first day I came to this country. At first, making sandwiches at Pret a Manger, despite having a University degree. I never lived off benefits. I learnt the language (still not perfect, but I?m getting there), and tried to understand and respect the customs of the country I?m living in. ( I still don?t quite fully get the British humour but, again, I?ll get there  Grin). Fair enough that it might be easier from me, since I come from a similar country. At this point, I don?t forget where I come from, but I consider myself another Londoner.
I?m aware that there might be people that still think I should go back to my country and that an English or a British national could be doing the job I?m doing, but that doesn?t bother me. I have to say that I never felt discriminated.

Finally, just a funny thing that happened to me the other day. Well, I though it was amusing. I am at the moment looking for another job, so a couple of weeks ago I registered with a few Accountancy agencies. The guy that interviewed me at one of them, emailed me last week a revised version of my CV.  This is what I found:

1997-2001. Several Accountancy jobs in both, Spain, South Africa and London.

Now, how on earth do I tell an English native that he can?t use the word ?both? there? I had too; I didn?t want him sending out my CV like that. Don?t think he?ll get me a job now?  confused
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 11:52:55 AM »

None of my post was supposed to be taken seriously.  Undecided

Sorry.

As far as the actual issue goes, it is a serious one but there are two camps regarding those who have a big problem with it, and asside from anything as far as that little correlation between the two.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
anythinggoes
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 12:50:41 PM »

None of my post was supposed to be taken seriously.? Undecided

Sorry.

As far as the actual issue goes, it is a serious one but there are two camps regarding those who have a big problem with it, and asside from anything as far as that little correlation between the two.

Wow way to go upsetting her like that  Angry

Hope you feel Guilty now.  no
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: