Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Remix
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Remix  (Read 12275 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »

The war is over, sport. 

You're starting to sound like those Japanese soldiers they found on that island, years after WWII.  The only guys that didn't know the score.

Funny coming from you.
Look in the mirror and say hello to Mr "Not knowing the score". Year after year you win that title!

Just because you pretend something to be true, doesn't mean it's a fact.
No matter how much you pretend to know everything about GN'R, you just don't. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 06:06:34 PM »

The war is over, sport. 

You're starting to sound like those Japanese soldiers they found on that island, years after WWII.  The only guys that didn't know the score.

Funny coming from you.
Look in the mirror and say hello to Mr "Not knowing the score". Year after year you win that title!

Just because you pretend something to be true, doesn't mean it's a fact.
No matter how much you pretend to know everything about GN'R, you just don't. Smiley

Bro, read the room.

This is the best time in the GNRverse in forever.  Your perceived slights from 4 years ago...not exactly tip top of the priority list.

Might I direct you to the Dead Horse forum?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 06:11:07 PM »

You brought it up!

You went from remixes to posting your usual digs at anything pre-Slash rejoining.

When will you stop? We know you never really liked the band while he was away. We get it.
No need to be hating on the old band anymore, be happy. Happy thoughts!

Of all the people, I never thought you'd be hating on the old band so much....
What's the world coming to?  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

The classic logo is owned by Black Frog Music I believe.

Could be, not sure exactly, though I thought that Black Frog was just for publishing rights.  I was going by the US trademark database which shows the owner of the classic logo as "GUNS N' ROSES composed of W. Axl Rose, Michael McKagan and Saul Hudson".  But that's not always up to date as far as ownership goes. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:41 PM »

Could be, not sure exactly, though I thought that Black Frog was just for publishing rights.  I was going by the US trademark database which shows the owner of the classic logo as "GUNS N' ROSES composed of W. Axl Rose, Michael McKagan and Saul Hudson".  But that's not always up to date as far as ownership goes. 

And did he ever use it for any post 2001 things?  An ad, a poster, something?  I don't think he did.

I had a GNR beach towel with the circle logo.  Definitely bought since 2001.

Does that count?  I have no clue.  Like, as long as Slash and Duff get their cut?  If that is the arrangement, I could see Axl limiting its use over the past 15 years.  Just smart business.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »

And did he ever use it for any post 2001 things?  An ad, a poster, something?  I don't think he did.

Like the cover of Greatest Hits?

I also believe it was used on some merchandise over the years.
I remember seeing a Sweet Child onesie with the logo.
Edit: Here http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Roses-Sweet-Child-Bodysuit/dp/B00EIIUM1M
Says it's from 2013

But the old logo wasn't used on merch sold at shows as far as I remember.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »

I actually liked the recent concert merch. 

Wish I'd have bought one of those jerseys in 2002, I know that.  I liked those.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »

I wasn't quite accurate.

The logo is copyrighted to Black Frog Entities. Black Frog Music is as you say the publishing company.

https://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/1226/images/background_bullet.jpg

If you zoom in under the pistols, you'll see "Copyright 2009, Black Frog Entities, Inc"

Not much, but I personally believe it had more to do with making a distinction from the old band. The logo they've used up until now also have the Chinese elements to it, so I think that was made especially for the purpose of that album.

The 2006 logo had the guns and the roses in it, combined with the new font "G & R".

The bullet logo was used for the belt buckle a few years back.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:01:16 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »

https://sarmadsmediaa2.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/tumblr_static_ls190.jpg
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »

I wasn't quite accurate.

The logo is copyrighted to Black Frog Entities. Black Frog Music is as you say the publishing company.

https://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/1226/images/background_bullet.jpg

If you zoom in under the pistols, you'll see "Copyright 2009, Black Frog Entities, Inc"

Not much, but I personally believe it had more to do with making a distinction from the old band. The logo they've used up until now also have the Chinese elements to it, so I think that was made especially for the purpose of that album.

The 2006 logo had the guns and the roses in it, combined with the new font "G & R".

The bullet logo was used for the belt buckle a few years back.

Thanks for the additional info, Spirit!  But I am a bit confused now.  I didn't know that copyrights applied to design logos, I had thought logos were protected by trademarks, while copyrights were for books, music, etc. (e.g., published works that would come under Black Frog).  So I would expect there to be a circled 'TM' instead of the circled 'C'.  Maybe there's overlap between the two in that a trademark and copyright can protect the same item, not sure, will have to look into that.  But I am pretty sure that to keep a trademark for a logo, you have to keep using that logo.  Maybe they lost the trademark for that logo for use with music performances since it hadn't been used in that capacity for so long. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: