Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.  (Read 67776 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2004, 02:36:19 AM »

So if Dave is involved then were talking about new music from the newer GN'R.  I think this is an indication of some sort of life out of Axl and his new band wanting to get out there and tear things up finally.  I seriously hope this is filmed soon and has something to do with CD, I want the wait to end!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2004, 03:02:26 AM »

if they are interviewing dave navarro about the new gnr lineup and his work with them early on, then clearly VH1 has no input from anyone in the guns n roses camp.

just think about his logically, we are on the verge of a major release from Velvet Revolver. They are most likely putting this together as a promo for Contraband with Slash, Duff, Izzy (who knows), Steven (he'd do it) doing the play by play. There are axl interviews with MTV that could be used to show his side, but all in all this will be a piece that tears axl a new a-hole if he is not present. The riots, the cancellation, the hospitalization (rumor)......I 'll say it again, it will end with "and with Chinese Democracy still no where in sight, Slash, Duff, and Matt have moved on and are on the eve of VR's premiere album......"

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2004, 03:21:47 AM »

I guess it all depends if Axl is involved or not. If he is I'd bet CD will be released soon after. BTM is a great AD for buying new music CDs.

They always seem to end with "And with their new CD coming out next month, they feel like they've never been better." (Cut to musician talking)  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

Again, DON'T read too much into this regarding CD or anything VR related.  

It'sa merely a pseudo rocKumentary on a band.  That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

It's no different than A&E doing a "Biography" on someone whose heyday was years ago and how time has treated them
since..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2004, 03:49:24 AM »

that's where i would have to disagree with you. I don't think i have ever seen a behind the music premiere during a time when a band had nothing going on. Look back on all of the episodes, almost all of them, except the ones from the dead people, and sometimes even those were premiered to some sort of release. I am 100 percent sure this will be a marketing thing, however i am 99 percent sure it will not be marketing something of axl's. This will more than likely be out by the time vr's album drops in my opinion.

What Goes around comes around!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2004, 03:58:30 AM »

that's where i would have to disagree with you. I don't think i have ever seen a behind the music premiere during a time when a band had nothing going on. Look back on all of the episodes, almost all of them, except the ones from the dead people, and sometimes even those were premiered to some sort of release. I am 100 percent sure this will be a marketing thing, however i am 99 percent sure it will not be marketing something of axl's. This will more than likely be out by the time vr's album drops in my opinion.

"The Cult's" BTM premiered in January of '02, a month after their tour ended promoting their 2001 release "Beyond Good and Evil" and 10 months prior to their DVD release "Music Without Fear".
Interviews were done in August of 2001 for that episode for a premier 5 months later.  

Navarro did his 2 days ago so do the math, we're looking at something in August or September at the earliest if history has anything to do with it...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2004, 04:02:03 AM »

we have been hearing about this behind the music for a couple of months now, they are probably about finished, but usually they do premiere in support of something, and i think it will be for vr's album, but i could be wrong. yes

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2004, 04:03:43 AM »

we have been hearing about this behind the music for a couple of months now, they are probably about finished, but usually they do premiere in support of something, and i think it will be for vr's album, but i could be wrong. yes

Who knows, it's good news no matter when it gets out...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2004, 04:10:19 AM »

I just can't wait to see if they have any never before seen stuff or what not. We haven't had a show devoted to gn'r on mtv or vh1 for a long while, certainly nothing like behind the music. We just might hear some stuff we never heard before. i wonder when the last time show was all about gn'r? I know they have lots of foreign shows devoted to gn'r, but you usually only see gn'r as short little mentions on mtv and vh1, shows where they show other people talking about gn'r but not much of the band saying anything. And the interviews with izzy will kick ass because besides axl, he's the least heard of member.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2004, 04:16:31 AM »

im thinkin for axls part they may use old interviews around the illusion era or whatever that he gave

anyone ever seen that "driven" show?

other people tell the artists side, so i say someone will be the designated axl side of the story guy if he doesnt participate

great point about matt, if axl isnt involved u would think he'd be on there

i wonder if steven is going to be on there?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2004, 04:22:31 AM »

I think axl would be a fool to not particapate. And the more I think about it the more I think he will, my only doubt is that he would not do it if it was timed around a VR release, I think if Falcon is right, then we might see axl, and it probably means he's ready to release CD. But if the interviews and such are basically done by now and it's going to air when VR's cd comes out, I really doubt axl would do it. But remember his press release after buckethead left? Those details he wasn't going to get into? This could be one of those, maybe.

Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2004, 04:27:37 AM »

At this point I doubt that this has anything to do with promoting Velvet Revolver because at this stage Matt hasn't been asked to participate. I think they would have got in touch with him before they started filming if that was the case.

My first posts, yay!
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2004, 04:32:05 AM »

At this point I doubt that this has anything to do with promoting Velvet Revolver because at this stage Matt hasn't been asked to participate. I think they would have got in touch with him before they started filming if that was the case.

My first posts, yay!

That's a good point. Would be nice to hear if mysteron knows about this, he's been in seclusion for quite awhile now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 04:35:09 AM by axls#2 » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2004, 04:42:21 AM »

Someone at the GnRbar made a good point.

The fact that Sorum is not involved might be a clue that Axl is involved.  It might be one of his requests along with others for him to do the show.  If this was mainly a Slash and Duff thing, then why wouldn't they have Sorum on, their VR bandmate?

That was the very first thing a thought of. Maybe we will see a BTM without Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Gilby.  Angry

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2004, 07:54:33 AM »

Great news can't wait.

As much as i prefer steven adler, i'm a bit annoyed that matt wasn't involved, when matt was in the band he was as much a member as slash or duff

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
FILTHY
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2004, 08:20:31 AM »

if axl is not involved vh1 might not get permission to use gnr music on it.
W.Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2004, 08:36:01 AM »

If Axl isnt on, they really are going to tear him apart...

and ill belive this show is gonna air when i see it....
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2004, 08:49:18 AM »

You'd think that when this show was in the planning stages, all people they wanted to be involved would have been contacted before any filming started.

Therefore it seems Navarro is in it and Matt won't be.

I find it very strange that matt isn't in it. He would definately do it, so they must have a reason for not asking him. How can Slash and Duff be involved and not Matt?

Very odd things going on.

@#$%Muther
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2004, 09:10:02 AM »

Why do you think this is a GN'R Behind The Music?

It might be a show about Axl....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2004, 09:30:35 AM »

Why do you think this is a GN'R Behind The Music?

It might be a show about Axl....  Huh

/jarmo

Axl..............GN'R...............some might say what's the difference [Yes D i mean you]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: