Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The closer Axl gets to the new bandmates is bad news....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The closer Axl gets to the new bandmates is bad news....  (Read 3299 times)
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 24, 2006, 11:36:12 AM »

for anyone hoping for a full reunion of the original band.....Its great that Axl and the new GNR seem more like a band rather than the 02 circus freakshow but the closer axl gets to the new bandmates etc the firther away any chances of a full reunion will ever take place....If anything doing things like the acoustic show, festivals etc will bury the memory of slash and duff in axl's mind..Maybe in 20 years when they are 60 they will reunite but thats about it....Once and for all---any hopes of a full scale will NEVER happen...............Axl and Slash are the Steven Tyler/Joe Perry of our generation but they do not realize that and never will
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »

who cares.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 11:39:02 AM »

zZzZzZzZ

Millionth reunion thread.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »

screw reunion

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 11:41:41 AM »

...................LOCK
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 11:43:04 AM »

Why do people keep dissing the 2002 version of the band? I am sure most of you worshipped it back then.
As far as I am concerned musically they sounded a lot better in 2002. It was just that the shows were alot more predictable and boring - same set list, same rants, same order of songs, no guests, no surprise appearances. And the Axl outfits were really annoying. Other than that the band sounded much better and there were less fuck-ups. The 2006 guns need more time to gel and then we'll see. But for now there are not better.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »

for anyone hoping for a full reunion of the original band.....Its great that Axl and the new GNR seem more like a band rather than the 02 circus freakshow but the closer axl gets to the new bandmates etc the firther away any chances of a full reunion will ever take place....If anything doing things like the acoustic show, festivals etc will bury the memory of slash and duff in axl's mind..Maybe in 20 years when they are 60 they will reunite but thats about it....Once and for all---any hopes of a full scale will NEVER happen...............Axl and Slash are the Steven Tyler/Joe Perry of our generation but they do not realize that and never will

Hmm...well if being the Tyler/Perry of our generation means writing lousy songs with Desmond Child et al and having their albums produced by Glen Ballard, then I think they should avoid that at all costs. Considering that Aerosmith's output since reforming with the original line up hasn't even approached what was so cool about them in the 70's, I don't see the significance of your statement. Maybe I'd be able to take it more seriously if the spelling and grammar reflected a little more attention to detail.

Secondly, I don't know why the hell everyone talks about Slash and Axl getting back together, when a permanent reunion between Axl and Izzy would be much more important in terms of songwriting and the overall sound of the original band.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 11:46:29 AM »

Why do people keep dissing the 2002 version of the band? I am sure most of you worshipped it back then.
As far as I am concerned musically they sounded a lot better in 2002. It was just that the shows were alot more predictable and boring - same set list, same rants, same order of songs, no guests, no surprise appearances. And the Axl outfits were really annoying. Other than that the band sounded much better and there were less fuck-ups. The 2006 guns need more time to gel and then we'll see. But for now there are not better.

But on the other hand,Axl sounds better now than he did in 2002. So what if there were a few mistakes? Rock n' Roll isn't about being perfect.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

Oh cool a re-union thread. How come we've never discussed this before?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »

it`s a bad sign?Huh?  get over the old band dude......

also, this band is almost perfect imo.... i`d have prefered robin/buckethead on lead with richard playing rythm  or robin/richard as the only guitarists, but i think ron is a cool guy as well.

i`ll wait with my judgement until i see the band at rock am ring

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »

its time to move on from classic guns line up!!

accept it

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »

one day it might happen, hopefully ,to much invested in cd right now for axl to befriend anyone but the guys he has now..
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »

i agree...forget the old lineup.....my main thing is if Axl has his voice back, which he does for the most part.....But the fact is, everyone was in a frenxy 2 weeks ago hoping Slash or Izzy would be a secret new member of the band and everyone flipped when Izzy got on stage.....So this idea that nobody cares about the old lineup getting together, then why go crazy for Izzy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 03:24:12 PM »

Izzy made an appearence at guns n roses concert as a guest. And jammed with the band.

It was like a former big guy blessing his successors.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 04:20:11 PM »

i agree...forget the old lineup.....my main thing is if Axl has his voice back, which he does for the most part.....But the fact is, everyone was in a frenxy 2 weeks ago hoping Slash or Izzy would be a secret new member of the band and everyone flipped when Izzy got on stage.....So this idea that nobody cares about the old lineup getting together, then why go crazy for Izzy
they were chanting izzy after the first song.. He could replace anyone in the band now and the media would praise it and no one would know the difference
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 02:54:20 AM »

You all saw the reaction Izzy got for just walking on stage.  Just imagine if he was joined by Slash and Duff.  The roof of the Hammerstein Ballroom would've been launched into orbit.  Finck, Fortus, and Stinson couldn't have gotten that kind of reaction if they started throwing $100 bills into the crowd.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: