Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:58:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Embattled FEMA Director Mike Brown Resigns
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Embattled FEMA Director Mike Brown Resigns  (Read 5721 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 08:45:06 PM »

That has to be one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 07:36:12 AM »

This administration had low poll numbers going into Katrina. Bush is simply trying to save face by apologizing. It is a good first step, but quite over do.

While you are willing to ignore the slashing of funds prior to this event by W, the fact that our national guard was in Iraq nation building instead of being here (Homeland security = joke), and that the general reaction time by Bush was lousy in general, I am not. Neither are most of the country ( including Republicans) who are calling Chimpy on his sub par lack luster performance, hence his taking the fall today.

You also ignore the fact that the person appointed to FEMA when Clinton was in office, had experience that fit the job. While Brownie most certainly did not. Pointing the finger out and saying "look everybody does it" is not owning up to your Presidents failure of the American people, which cost US lives.

How much is enough for a blind apologist such as yourself? Bush can eat a baby on live TV and you would claim the kid had it coming, right? But then again, it could all change tomorrow, since you are the guy who changes his mind, and then calls others flip floppers after all..... Roll Eyes

If you don't like me ripping on Bush and his crappy administration full of liars, cheats, looters, and war profiteers....I got two words for you: Tough shit.

Where is your outrage at the liberal governor and mayor?  Why don't I see you bashing to hell the people who were actually in those states and responsible for disaster planning at the time?  Where is your outrage at them?  Us conservatives on here have admitted that the president acted slowly...we seem to be able to be fair in judging the situation.  Oh, I know why your not outraged, they are liberals so they get a pass from you.  Again, you lack credibility when you just use each thread to bash Bush even when there are others more responsible.

I have an idea...why don't you spend the 18 hours a day you spend on line trying to find facts instead of looking for anti-bush articles from liberal news rags like the NY Times or whining like a typical liberal?   peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 08:31:39 AM »

This administration had low poll numbers going into Katrina. Bush is simply trying to save face by apologizing. It is a good first step, but quite over do.

While you are willing to ignore the slashing of funds prior to this event by W, the fact that our national guard was in Iraq nation building instead of being here (Homeland security = joke), and that the general reaction time by Bush was lousy in general, I am not. Neither are most of the country ( including Republicans) who are calling Chimpy on his sub par lack luster performance, hence his taking the fall today.

You also ignore the fact that the person appointed to FEMA when Clinton was in office, had experience that fit the job. While Brownie most certainly did not. Pointing the finger out and saying "look everybody does it" is not owning up to your Presidents failure of the American people, which cost US lives.

How much is enough for a blind apologist such as yourself? Bush can eat a baby on live TV and you would claim the kid had it coming, right? But then again, it could all change tomorrow, since you are the guy who changes his mind, and then calls others flip floppers after all..... Roll Eyes

If you don't like me ripping on Bush and his crappy administration full of liars, cheats, looters, and war profiteers....I got two words for you: Tough shit.

Where is your outrage at the liberal governor and mayor?? Why don't I see you bashing to hell the people who were actually in those states and responsible for disaster planning at the time?? Where is your outrage at them?? Us conservatives on here have admitted that the president acted slowly...we seem to be able to be fair in judging the situation.? Oh, I know why your not outraged, they are liberals so they get a pass from you.? Again, you lack credibility when you just use each thread to bash Bush even when there are others more responsible.

I have an idea...why don't you spend the 18 hours a day you spend on line trying to find facts instead of looking for anti-bush articles from liberal news rags like the NY Times or whining like a typical liberal?? ?peace

There's plenty of blame to go around.? Blanco and Nagin included.? While they certainly don't deserve a pass, I think we can all agree, however, that the majority of the issues brought to light stem from the Feds response, both past and present.? In all honesty, not living in LA, it's not really my concern if Blanco and Nagin are doing their jobs well, unless their actions directly effected (or deflected) the Feds actions.? To date, I've not heard that they did.? I've heard their actions PRIOR to the storm be criticized (evacuation plans not executed entirely as planned, miscommunication between Nagin and Blanco over who would oversee the evac of NO, etc), which, I'm sure, made matters worse and the Feds jobs, once they were in action, more difficult.  But not that they impeded or slowed the Feds reaction time, which, quite frankly, is the "scary part" to me.

Because if they were this slow (mostly chalked up to beurocracy issues) for Katrina...would the reaction time be this slow on another disaster/attack.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 08:33:35 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 11:07:08 AM »

And might I add a side note that if the liberals wouldnt have whined a 'token' local government into power,
and someone competent would have been in charge 'locally', there would have been a mandatory evacuation beforehand and the issue would have been one of only a cleanup and who was paying for it.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 11:26:53 AM »

And might I add a side note that if the liberals wouldnt have whined a 'token' local government into power,
and someone competent would have been in charge 'locally', there would have been a mandatory evacuation beforehand and the issue would have been one of only a cleanup and who was paying for it.

There WAS a mandatory evac before hand.  They issued the order on Sunday, Aug 28th, at about 8 AM. 

Together again,
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 11:29:34 AM »

Then something did break down at the local level, glad you see that now.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
Sterlingdog
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 11:34:44 AM »

There was a mandatory evacuation.  For those who couldn't leave, the superdome was opened.  FEMA told them to have enough supplies on hand for 48 hours.  They did.  But they were left there for longer than 48 hours by the federal government.

As far as why the busses weren't used, I don't know.  They said there were no drivers, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary.  Its also possible that no one would have used the busses if they were offered. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 12:05:54 PM »

Then something did break down at the local level, glad you see that now.

How do you figure?? They issued the order.? Some couldn't (or just wouldn't) leave.?They provided a group of "last resort" shelters (The Superdome, the Convention Center, etc) for those people. That's not a failing at the local level.? They did exactly what they were supposed to do, according to FEMA procedure.? Exactly.

Or are you saying you expected them to do a house to house search and physically remove people from the area?? Guess what...ain't legal unless you have a Federal Declaration to do it.? And they didn't.  And that's beside the logistical impossibilities of doing it.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 12:08:34 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 03:44:06 PM »

Seems like a racist statement to me. I could bet all the money in the world you would never say that face to face to any of those local officials who stayed behind to save his city. You'd be picking yourself up off the ground before you knew what happened. hihi
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 04:00:17 PM »

SLCPUNK, the photo was classic!  I hope I don't offend anyone in light of this disaster...but we need to stop for a moment and laugh once in awhile.

Brown will get a cushy job some where else or be provided with a hefty severence check   Angry

Too bad Katrina didn't hit last year before the election...it may have changed the outcome of the election or how the relief effort was handled.  I believe that if this happened in August 2004 instead of August 2005, Bush would have done 1,000 times more for these states devistated by the hurricane. 

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: