Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24 season 6...jack is back again
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 season 6...jack is back again  (Read 19434 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2007, 11:16:58 PM »

No Elisha Cuthbert -

What else needs to be said
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2007, 05:57:30 AM »

No Elisha Cuthbert -

What else needs to be said

She's hot and all, but damn that character really sucked! It led to a horrible angle in season 2 that almost got me to stop watching the show. By the end of season 2 I was really hoping they would kill her off. Stupid filler is all she was, and it was horrible to watch the scenes she was in. I liked seeing her because she was hot, but damn the writing involving her character is some of the most pitiful writing ever.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2007, 07:33:38 AM »

personally im really enjoying this series, alot, some great twists!!! and the tension and supense owns!

and come on, criticising the series because they didnt show where he got a suit from...thats just lame lol.

We could bring up how long will it take before jack goes to the toilet, has food, HAS SLEEP! Its a fictional series, you have to allow for small things like that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:41:58 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »

personally im really enjoying this series, alot, some great twists!!! and the tension and supense owns!

and come on, criticising the series because they didnt show where he got a suit from...thats just lame lol.

We could bring up how long will it take before jack goes to the toilet, has food, HAS SLEEP! Its a fictional series, you have to allow for small things like that.

The suit thing was funny, that's not a reason why this season is weaker then usual. Right from the first series you have to suspend disbelief and accept that they have a lot of hours to fill so there pretty much has to be personal storylines, moles, bad guys working in the govt etc, so that's not it either.

The weak thing about this season (IMO) is that the writers don't seem to think anyone is patient enough to follow a plot for very long, so you get these little 1-2 episode subplots that everyone then forgets about the following week - like Jack's dad, Logan and the rainman interlude. Plus the two main villains so far, Gredenko and Fayed, are like Laurel and Hardy, bumbling along with only the whacky writers to get them out of trouble. There must be some major plot twist coming soon, the suitcase nuke thing can't be carried for another 9 hours. Hopefully we'll get an explanation of why the Chinese released Jack, though unfortunately that will probably mean a live Audrey.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »

The suit thing was funny, that's not a reason why this season is weaker then usual. Right from the first series you have to suspend disbelief and accept that they have a lot of hours to fill so there pretty much has to be personal storylines, moles, bad guys working in the govt etc, so that's not it either.

The weak thing about this season (IMO) is that the writers don't seem to think anyone is patient enough to follow a plot for very long, so you get these little 1-2 episode subplots that everyone then forgets about the following week - like Jack's dad, Logan and the rainman interlude. Plus the two main villains so far, Gredenko and Fayed, are like Laurel and Hardy, bumbling along with only the whacky writers to get them out of trouble. There must be some major plot twist coming soon, the suitcase nuke thing can't be carried for another 9 hours. Hopefully we'll get an explanation of why the Chinese released Jack, though unfortunately that will probably mean a live Audrey.

Unfortunately?  Sorry, maybe I'm old, but I think she's damn hot.  yes

Also, my imagination's working overtime.  Remember when the Chinese said, "Your country has paid a very high price for your return."  Well, wouldn't you sh!t your pants if it was a trade of Audrey Raines for Jack Bauer??  Who knows, anything can happen, and does on 24.
  I particularly enjoyed the back and forth, good, bad, good of Ricky Schroeder's character.  I was hoping that when he interrogated Hottie Nadia, he ripped the top of her blouse to reveal a nice heaving cleavage shot!!!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »

holy shit finally a great episode this season?(old school 24) ...Jack going solo behind the terrorist (brilliant background music..Sean Callery is awesome)
and the chinese are back....Jack must be really pissed now

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:47:47 PM by The Bedouin » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »

Am I the only one that thought the opening chords of Chinese Democracy would have added a nice touch to last night's 24?   Grin

Kick-ass episode last night.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »

Great episode, and good that Audrey managed to call 30 seconds after the nukes were found and 10 seconds before the end of the show Wink

And A4P2004, yeah Audrey's hot but her character is weak IMO.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2007, 12:05:41 AM »

Great episode, and good that Audrey managed to call 30 seconds after the nukes were found and 10 seconds before the end of the show Wink

And A4P2004, yeah Audrey's hot but her character is weak IMO.
Good call tap1966.  Audrey is indeed alive.  She wasn't a favorite of mine, but I think she'll add a much needed and twist and lift to this season.  Great episode.  I'm back in, not that I was ever out.  But that episode got me going just a bit more than the previous ones.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »

Yeah, how cool was the chain-hanging of the terrorist?  The show rocks hard when Jack is the central figure.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »

did anyone else laugh out loud when Jack made the call to CTU from undeneath the truck??

I mean, yeah right. Was that the moment 24 'Jumped the shark'.
Personally, I feel 24 took a sharp decline the moment we met Logan but hey. Still compulsive viewing but this season I just feel that it has gone beyond ridiculous.

Here's hoping the Chinese twist plays out well

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »

did anyone else laugh out loud when Jack made the call to CTU from undeneath the truck??

I mean, yeah right. Was that the moment 24 'Jumped the shark'.
Personally, I feel 24 took a sharp decline the moment we met Logan but hey. Still compulsive viewing but this season I just feel that it has gone beyond ridiculous.

Here's hoping the Chinese twist plays out well

-Greg
Yeah I definitely laughed out loud with the call from underneath the truck.  I think the greatest parts are when Jack defies logic and does something no one could possibly do.  And he's done that many times over the years.  Just add another one to the list.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

Don't know if anyone watches Rescue Me, but the chick in the firehouse reminds me of Audrey Raines a little -  both pretty hot
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 03:29:19 PM »

the new megadeth album has a big statement written by "Jack Bauer" on the back of the booklet.

the blurb was actually written by Matt Michnovetz who is apparently a Writer/Editor/Actor/Assistant Producer on the show.

for those of you that care peace

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2007, 10:28:10 PM »

Can't say that finale kept me on the edge of my seat.  They're already pushing next season.  I guess they realize THIS season wasn't up to normal standards.  Hopefully they bounce back next year.  Anyway, here's a 24 related list from Best Week Ever.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/05/23/the-10-most-ludicrous-moments-in-the-history-of-24/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: