Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24 season 6...jack is back again
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 season 6...jack is back again  (Read 19438 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 11:54:42 PM »

This show is like crack.

Jack Bauer kills for Jesus!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »

The first four episodes are fucking nuts people. If you're a fan, you have to watch. Some unthinkable things happen, things you would never expect. Trust me.

they are amazing, only problem i have now is having to wait for the 5th hour to leak

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »

The first four episodes are fucking nuts people. If you're a fan, you have to watch. Some unthinkable things happen, things you would never expect. Trust me.

they are amazing, only problem i have now is having to wait for the 5th hour to leak

Unfortunately, it probably won't (or at least not soon).

The first 4 were part of a DVD promo set that Fox sent out to reviewers.  Thus, it leaked.

The 5th hour won't actually go up to satellite, if the past 2 -3  years are any indication, til late Thursday or early Friday before the Monday air date....and it's been scrambled since S3 or S4 (can't remember which).  Leaks have been few and far between until either late Sunday or early Monday (the air date).  By that point it's easier just to wait until broadcast.

It sucks, I know...I used to DL the eps early...so when it all changed to prevent the wide spread spoilers going out, I wsa bummed.   Who knows, maybe they'll change it all back again (I doubt it, but...who knows).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »

there's a 10 minute preview of ep5 on the torrent sites, b
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »

Unfortunately, it probably won't (or at least not soon).

The first 4 were part of a DVD promo set that Fox sent out to reviewers.  Thus, it leaked.

The 5th hour won't actually go up to satellite, if the past 2 -3  years are any indication, til late Thursday or early Friday before the Monday air date....and it's been scrambled since S3 or S4 (can't remember which).  Leaks have been few and far between until either late Sunday or early Monday (the air date).  By that point it's easier just to wait until broadcast.

It sucks, I know...I used to DL the eps early...so when it all changed to prevent the wide spread spoilers going out, I wsa bummed.   Who knows, maybe they'll change it all back again (I doubt it, but...who knows).

not when you live in the UK, we're usually about 5 episodes behind. so downloading is the only way to stop spoilers really

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 02:31:45 PM »

Do u need to watch the first 5 seasons to watch the 6th? Or is it something u can jump in and understand?

I'd like to start watching this but I am about 5 seasons late....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »

Do u need to watch the first 5 seasons to watch the 6th? Or is it something u can jump in and understand?

There's a good bit of backstory, as well as a fairly large cast of characters with complex histories between them.  If you've been with the show from the beginning, you'll likely get more out of it.

That said, it's simple and straightforward enough that it's pretty accessible, and never too late to jump in.  I say start watching...you won't be sorry.

Four hours to go:

Boop - BEEP
Boop - BEEP...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »

This season didn't start as intense as in seasons past...but I did love watching Jack kill that guy with his teeth.  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »

god damn I love this f'in show!   drool  My wife was running upstairs to care for our baby who's sick right now.  I grabbed the last 20 minutes on the vcr for her, so we watched it and I got to see the ending twice.  Great stuff.    yes

I can't wait for tomorrow night.   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 12:11:20 AM »

I think it's really hard to just jump in right now. There's so much stuff that you have missed (Jack's wife, Jack's daughter...etc. etc.)

Things like that are key to understanding his character.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 12:25:36 AM »

I think it's really hard to just jump in right now. There's so much stuff that you have missed (Jack's wife, Jack's daughter...etc. etc.)

Things like that are key to understanding his character.

I think you could watch it...you might fill in your weekly free time by watching earlier seasons.  If you watch just Season 1, you'll have an idea about the character, how he acts, and what's important to him.  But don't be surprised if there are some moments in the current season that spoil previous seasons climactic moments.  Overall, it's a little sacrifice to jump in to the series, but if you're gonna do it, you should do it NOW...don't wait another couple of weeks, or you'll be lost for this season, too.  Even if it spoils the earlier seasons, a little, it's worth it.  Lord, is it worth it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 02:09:14 AM »

I think it would be ok at the least to pick up seasons 4 and 5 before watching this season based on the two hours I watched tonight. His posistion now and how is here is better explained by watching those 2 seasons. And I think you can get enough of the Characters and backgrounds of the current cast from that. But at the same time you do miss alot of Jack by not watching it from the begining. But I really wish you could edit Kim's (his daughter) storyline from the second season cuz it just plain sucked. Actually besides being nice too look at they could have left her out of most of the seasons she was in besides the first.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »

Anyone know when it'll air on british television?

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »

This season didn't start as intense as in seasons past...but I did love watching Jack kill that guy with his teeth.? ok

Yeah, I didn't like that part so much.  Still, it shows you the tremendous tolll that Jack's life has taken, and the type of man he is, whether he can admit that to himself or not right now.

After last season's first episdoe, this one had a lot to live up to;  while not as outwardly shocking, the show is once again off to a great start...so glad to have 24 back.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 10:53:11 AM »

Im not gonna watch it.

I'll start renting the DVDS of Seasons 1 through 5 or catch a marathon hopefully on A&E and then be caught up for season 7 next year.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »

i watched most of this last night...I wasnt really lost...i think im gonna go rent the other seasons but i'm gonna watch this season too....

it seemed pretty exciting...but not nearly as indepth as say a show like Lost

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »

Wow!

Its going to be a fun 20 weeks or so. I won't give any spoilers, but just when I think I wont let his show hook me again, it does just that.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »

Agreed.  The whole deal with Curtis didn't go down well with me (it seemed drama for drama's sake), but I could buy it given the context of the show.  Although my suspension of disbelief was pushed during the second episode, the ending hooked me right back in.

Unbelievable.  And unbelievably good.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 11:03:26 PM »

I had a bit of a strange moment during episodes 3 & 4.  Recall the son being held hostage by Kal Penn's character ("Kumar," from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle!).  His name is Scott Wallace.

My name is Scott Wallace. 

I'm trying to recall if I entered some sweepstakes to get my name in the show or something.  This would go over better, had I not been drinking. 

At least my name isn't Edgar Stiles.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »

This season didn't start as intense as in seasons past...but I did love watching Jack kill that guy with his teeth.  ok

Still thinking that after the end of last nights show?

Jack's return to his "Lost Boys" roots at the end of the first hour is just fucking awesome....but the end of last nights show was a WTF moment (2 of them, actually, right in a row).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:00:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: