Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227876 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24 season 6...jack is back again
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 season 6...jack is back again  (Read 19445 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »

Where did Jack get the suit from last night?  Huh  He arrived at Logan's in jeans/jacket (or something non-formal) and then right near the end (without ever leaving Logan's) you see him in a suit, adjusting his tie. I guess Logan lent him one.

That's what I figured...you dress up to go to an embassy or consulate or anywhere with a President.  Unless you're cuttin' brush with Bush, that is.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »

I'm glad they brought Logan back -

I hate his character, but damn- that man plays a great sniveling f*cking weasel
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »

I'm a huge 24 fan and found last week's show one of the best...last night's was a bit predictable.  I call it a "set the table" episode.  Next week will kick ass once again.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2007, 08:51:07 PM »

I'm a huge 24 fan and found last week's show one of the best...last night's was a bit predictable.  I call it a "set the table" episode.  Next week will kick ass once again.  yes

I'm enjoying watching the all the old seasons for the first time, because I can watch 4 (or more) in a row and it doesn't matter so much if one episode is slow - plus no commercial breaks of course! Just into season 4 (I've seen the rest), don't know what I'll do once it's finished, probably something more useful Smiley

Out of all the seasons, I have to say the most 'shocking' moment for me so far was Jack killing Ryan Chapelle to buy a little more time.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »

Jack hasn't learned a thing...now he's putting Bill up with his problems
but what a way to get info out of someone  Tongue ...who needs 10 fingers anyway
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

Jack hasn't learned a thing...now he's putting Bill up with his problems
but what a way to get info out of someone  Tongue ...who needs 10 fingers anyway

The writing has been pretty weak this season, but there has to be some twist with the Russian consulate storyline. After all, 3 years ago (24 time) Jack led a raid on the Chinese consulate, then consequently spent 1 year in hiding and 2 years in Chinese prison with just a day off to foil a presidential conspiracy. It's going to be pretty lame if the payoff is just to prove that you can raid consulates and get away with it after all.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2007, 06:25:57 PM »

It looks like, unfortunately, that you were wrong, buddy.

Yet another sub-par episode this week, and after a premiere that looked so promising! This season is going NOWHERE, and that would be forgiveable if we maybe had some deep characters to occupy us while the plot isn't moving forward. But that isn't exactly in the spirit of 24, is it? The only good things to come from this season so far, character wise, are Tom and Morris.

I was thinking how this season could possibly end, and I was thinking that maybe Jack in prison wouldn't be a bad way to go. The Russian consulate was such a poor direction to lead the episode, and that is the first Jack torture scene that I have not enjoyed one bit; unnecesarily uncomfortable, bland, boring, typical and predictable.

And it was number 12!, I was expecting the mid-season twist/revelation.

For the moment, I'm sticking with Prison Break. Season 2 is so much better than this excuse for a 24 season.

Just for the record... The first eight or so episodes were great, it's only the last few that have let the show down. They can still pull it back!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2007, 06:40:52 PM »

Well, my wife and I sure enjoyed this week's hour.  I'm pissed that Assad is dead, I liked his character.  I'm impressed with Tom Linnux's character and his acting.  The new blond chick on the show with the vp? was on a show that was cancelled that we used to watch called Invasion.  She's cool.  And someone please help me...is that new character the warden from Shawshank Redemption???  It sure the hell looks like him!  He's a great villain from one of the all-time greatest movies.  yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »

And someone please help me...is that new character the warden from Shawshank Redemption???  It sure the hell looks like him!  He's a great villain from one of the all-time greatest movies.  yes

I'm not sure which character you mean.  Markov, the Russian consul, is played by John Noble, who played Denethor in LOTR.  He's not listed as having been in Shawshank (on imdb.com that is).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2007, 11:53:28 PM »

i stopped watching this season, just can't get into the show this year, it kinda bored me.

i started watching heroes and than after that is the Black Donnelys.....REALLY good show for those who haven't checked it out.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2007, 01:23:31 PM »

Me too...I started watching Heroes on the NBC site and it mushroom'd from there.  I havent caught the black donnelys yet though.  I'll probably grab them from itunes soon.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »

Me too...I started watching Heroes on the NBC site and it mushroom'd from there.? I havent caught the black donnelys yet though.? I'll probably grab them from itunes soon.

ahhhh, why didn't i think of that!!!  forgot most shows are online now..oh well.  I think i'm caught up, some hot chick is in the mirror or something, the other hot chick is a cheer leader whos dad was bad but now hes good?  i don't know whats going on and i think its still better than 24 this season.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

Maybe it's because it's a Fox show, or maybe I've been reading too many posts from WAT-EVER, but has anyone else noticed that the characters on this show often say "nukular" instead of "nuclear"? 

Just a random paranoid thought... nervous

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »

Maybe I missed it, but two episodes ago a former president was murdered by his wife on CTU business, and there has not been single mention of it by anyone in the next two hours  Huh And what was up with the Rainman tribute?

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »

Maybe I missed it, but two episodes ago a former president was murdered by his wife on CTU business, and there has not been single mention of it by anyone in the next two hours Huh And what was up with the Rainman tribute?

Ign.com put it best in their review of the last episode, calling it a very special episode of 24.  hihi This season is getting worse and worse. I'm still watching, prolly because i've been with the show since the begining, and it is some what entertaining but they really need to drop the new Jack Jr., and some of the stupid filler crappy boring ctu political drama crap that they have been doing way to much this season. They need to get back to giving Jack the majority of screen time, because thats what makes this show enjoyable.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »

I (sadly) agree that the show is getting silly. 

How many times will there be a bad guy in the administration?

How many times will there be a bad guy in CTU?

How many times will they pin a bad guy down, yet he's miraculously planned for this scenario, and has a helicopter waiting? 

They have to play out a scenario over 24 hours, and they've run out of ways to do it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »

I (sadly) agree that the show is getting silly.
-   Absolutely?

How many times will there be a bad guy in the administration? - Every season -it's f*cking stupid too

How many times will there be a bad guy in CTU? ** See above

How many times will they pin a bad guy down, yet he's miraculously planned for this scenario, and has a helicopter waiting??

They have to play out a scenario over 24 hours, and they've run out of ways to do it.

Here's another:  How many times does a bad guy, right before he's going to get busted/killed , make a phone call to someone else - who then turns out to be the "secret master-mind" behind it all?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »

Yes, I agree that this season (so far) has been the weakest of the 6...but ya can't completely lose faith.  Here's a show that gives you 5 kick-ass days/seasons and once it hits a snag in the road you give up!  Please tell me HTGTHers aren't that disloyal!  Star Wars kicked ass with it's first 3 movies...then gave us mediocre 4th and 5th movies, but followed them up with a kick-ass 6th movie (Episode 3).  If you completely give up, I think you'll regret it when you miss Season 7.  Just my 2 cents.   peace 

PS and yeah, of course they need to make it more Jack-centered.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »

Yes, I agree that this season (so far) has been the weakest of the 6...but ya can't completely lose faith.? Here's a show that gives you 5 kick-ass days/seasons and once it hits a snag in the road you give up!? Please tell me HTGTHers aren't that disloyal!? Star Wars kicked ass with it's first 3 movies...then gave us mediocre 4th and 5th movies, but followed them up with a kick-ass 6th movie (Episode 3).? If you completely give up, I think you'll regret it when you miss Season 7.? Just my 2 cents.? ?peace?

PS and yeah, of course they need to make it more Jack-centered.
I'm still into it.  I look forward to Monday nights.  I hear people trashing the show time and time again but I'm loyal to the last drop.  I refuse to say that it's taken a turn for the worse.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2007, 11:07:36 PM »

And someone please help me...is that new character the warden from Shawshank Redemption???  It sure the hell looks like him!  He's a great villain from one of the all-time greatest movies.  yes

I'm not sure which character you mean.  Markov, the Russian consul, is played by John Noble, who played Denethor in LOTR.  He's not listed as having been in Shawshank (on imdb.com that is).

He's the Secretary of Defense.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: