Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  22 Killed in US school Shooting
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 22 Killed in US school Shooting  (Read 42723 times)
Gordon Gekko
Banned
Headliner

Blue Horseshoe loves GnR

« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2007, 04:13:24 AM »

I read about this earlier.  Just goes to show how open minded and free speech oriented people in academia really are.  You have Ward Churchills who never even get reprimanded and this guy makes a very valid, down to earth point and they fire his ass.  I guess the cardinal rule is don't break a liberal's fragile ego and comfort zone.  Maybe they can fire the next gunman who comes in and waste people, I'm sure he'll care.

Your appeal to emotional argument, with your accusatory bullshit lends nothing to anything.

cliffburton
« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »

I read about this earlier.? Just goes to show how open minded and free speech oriented people in academia really are.? You have Ward Churchills who never even get reprimanded and this guy makes a very valid, down to earth point and they fire his ass.? I guess the cardinal rule is don't break a liberal's fragile ego and comfort zone.? Maybe they can fire the next gunman who comes in and waste people, I'm sure he'll care.

Your appeal to emotional argument, with your accusatory bullshit lends nothing to anything.

Hey genius, this guy got fired based on emotional outrage.  It's a fact that academia is 90% or more dominated by leftist ideals and lectures.  Ward Churchill blames 9/11 on the victims and is either applauded or defended for his right to do so.  This professor uses reality in showing people that their violen free utopias are something only given creedence in the classroom.  Because this professor dare question the university's policy on creating victim zones, he was fired.  If some professor got up there and called US Troops terrorists, talked about fucking his partner in the ass, called Bush a fascist and liar they'd be handed tenure.  Their is liberal indoctrination in college and anyone who attempts to stray from it is punished.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #282 on: April 24, 2007, 07:28:41 AM »

It's a fact that academia is 90% or more dominated by leftist ideals and lectures.

so what? the world is 90% or more dominated by rightist ideals and capitilistic crap. gimme a break.

cliffburton
« Reply #283 on: April 24, 2007, 07:44:32 AM »

? It's a fact that academia is 90% or more dominated by leftist ideals and lectures.

so what? the world is 90% or more dominated by rightist ideals and capitilistic crap. gimme a break.

Sarkozy all the way baby!  ok
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2007, 10:49:05 AM »

I read about this earlier.  Just goes to show how open minded and free speech oriented people in academia really are.  You have Ward Churchills who never even get reprimanded and this guy makes a very valid, down to earth point and they fire his ass.  I guess the cardinal rule is don't break a liberal's fragile ego and comfort zone.  Maybe they can fire the next gunman who comes in and waste people, I'm sure he'll care.

Welcome back Flagg  ok

I actually agree with you here, this was absolutely ridiculous.  But lets not pretend this is happening all over the country.  its an isolated incident.

But, really, free exchange in college classrooms has little to do with a professor using their position as a bully pulpit to push their own ideals.  That applies here and to Mr. Churchill.  I'm all for free exchange of ideas, and I HATE the idea that professors should censor their own beliefs so as to not "offend" anyone, but this was the professor using his classroom as a forum to make his own political point, which is wrong.

That said, I agree that this firing is a bad move.  Hell, there's only a couple of weeks left in the semester.  Let him finish his class, so the lives of his students are less disrupted.

Also, shame on the PC pussies who ratted out their teacher because he's "offensive."  How many college professors are just plain boring?  Most students would probably like an offensive one!     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2007, 01:46:56 AM »

It's a fact that academia is 90% or more dominated by leftist ideals and lectures. 

"Fact".
cliffburton
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2007, 06:47:49 AM »

It's a fact that academia is 90% or more dominated by leftist ideals and lectures.?

"Fact".

Yes, FACT!  Look up any study on party affiliation among professors.  Compare the percentage of students in extremist groups compared to the nation as a whole.  There was an entire thread dedicated to this a few months ago.  Just because you agree with what they preach doesn't mean it isn't wrong or being forced on students.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #287 on: April 25, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »

Yes, FACT!  Look up any study on party affiliation among professors. 

Show me the studies clown.

Using yourself as a source does not count.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:03:00 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: