Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  2012 London Olympics Logo
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 London Olympics Logo  (Read 5004 times)
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »

Lol, my dog can draw it better with blindfolded... just give him a weed!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:43:58 AM by deanaxlrose » Logged

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »

read a comment elsewhere saying it looks like Lisa Simpson giving head.  too true - now thats all i see   Undecided

really poor logo in my opinion - what the hell is wrong with incorporating some of our landmarks, the eye was a pretty obvious inclusion given the shape... - and pink???  why not union jack colours?  or are we making sure we dont offend yet again....

rant
EstrangedReality
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »

It looks like a crack addict giving a blowjob.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »

did a 3 year old make that logo?
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »

what the hell is wrong with incorporating some of our landmarks, the eye was a pretty obvious inclusion given the shape...

Yes, that would be exactly the correct landmark to link with this design. I mean that sincerely, they would complement each other perfectly. 
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 06:26:31 PM »

Hopefully they'll wise up and get a different logo.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »

Mayor wades into 2012 footage row 

The official London 2012 Olympic logo was unveiled on Monday
Creators of footage promoting the 2012 Olympics should not be paid after it emerged it could trigger an epileptic seizure, London's mayor has said.

Ken Livingstone's comments came after a segment of the animated footage had to be removed from the organisers' website on the advice of experts.

He said the designer should not be paid a penny for the "catastrophic mistake".

Charity Epilepsy Action said it had received 18 calls from people who had suffered fits after watching the clip.

Ripple effect

The film, which was unveiled along with the logo for the London Games on Monday, is now being re-edited by London 2012.

Mr Livingstone said: "I wouldn't pay him a penny for having made such a catastrophic mistake.

The one thing most people know... about epilepsy is that flashing lights and flashing images can cause them problems

Simon Wigglesworth, Epilepsy Action

"Who would go into a firm like that again and ask them to do that work. This is a pretty basic thing."

Organisers said the footage concerned showed a "diver diving into a pool which had a multi-colour ripple effect".

The spokeswoman said: "We are taking it very seriously and are looking into it as a matter of urgency."

After its release Prof Graham Harding, who developed the test used to measure photo-sensitivity levels in TV material, said it should not be broadcast again.

Simon Wigglesworth from Epilepsy Action said he was shocked at the choice of animation.

"The one thing most people know... about epilepsy is that flashing lights and flashing images can cause them problems.

"The reality is there is only about 5% of people with epilepsy for whom photosensitivity is an issue. That's still 23,000 people."

The new logo, which cost ?400,000 to develop, has also been heavily criticised and more than 38,000 people have signed an online petition to have it scrapped.

The BBC News website invited users to send in suggestions for alternative logos, and has so far received more than 500.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6727029.stm
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »

Someone phoning into a radio show the other night said they saw the word 'zion' in the logo.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: