Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:37:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24 Season 7.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 Season 7.  (Read 6277 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« on: January 12, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

Ok i just watched it dudes.

Im very impressed and excited, at first i thought it might become a Die hard 2/4 rip off. But now its turned into something deeper.

It sucks Chloe isnt in this, but a preview suggests she is so i cant wait for her return also.

Jack is a badass. And this season should be awesome. I like the new President also.

html sucks
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »

I agree, nice start to the season, i was a bit skeptical as last years wasn't that great but so far so good IMO.

Can't wait for two more hours tonight  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »

I almost forgot, there's 2 MORE hours tonight.  Sweet!  Good start last night.  I'm a little surprised they got Tony already, thought they'd drag that out a little longer.  Chloe is in this season, not sure in what capacity as there is no more CTU.  Wonder what the big surprise they alluded to will be tonight.  Can't wait!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »

dont spoiler it for me. In the UK we only got the first 2 hours so far. and thats it.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »

That's the same in the US, we got  the first 2 hours last night and we'll have the next 2 episodes in less than 2 hours.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »

and more familiar faces tonight. Nothing you haven't read about before, but I didn't actually think it was going to happen with all the shakeup at the show.

Other than the ridiculous main plot (the NSA can't change their WPA2 keys??? or temporarily unplug critical systems from the internet? and the U.S. ditched a multi-tiered security system in favor of one giant one? ok... that could be plausible), it is turning out to be a really fun start.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 09:37:21 AM »

It was a Chloe vs Janis last night in the techie war.  hihi

I'm really excited about this season.  I watched 4 hrs in the last 2 days and I can't wait for next week!  beer

Why don't you just....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »

and more familiar faces tonight. Nothing you haven't read about before, but I didn't actually think it was going to happen with all the shakeup at the show.

Other than the ridiculous main plot (the NSA can't change their WPA2 keys??? or temporarily unplug critical systems from the internet? and the U.S. ditched a multi-tiered security system in favor of one giant one? ok... that could be plausible), it is turning out to be a really fun start.

Yeah, some of the "techie" stuff bothers me, too.  There's plot holes in the handling of that stuff, aplenty.  But I guess you  have to take some liberties with reality to build the drama, sometimes.

I mean....Tony being alive, in and of itself, is pretty implausible.

With this show, I just shove it all to the back of my head and go along for the ride.  It's always a fun one!  And, so far, I'm digging what they're doing this season.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 10:24:36 AM »

Yeah you have to view 24 for what it is to fully enjoy it.  And I love it!  But I have friends who used to watch the show and have since given up and now say they hate it.  The same thing every season, power struggle, unreal situations.  My reply to their complaints is always the same, what show isn't similar year after year?  You're not gonna go from AFD to CD in one years time.  Obviously the show stretches the boundaries, but you know that getting into it, so what's the big deal?  It's part of what makes the show so great, for me at least.  I look forward all week to the new episode.  I can't say that about many other shows.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 11:05:42 AM »

i watch the show for action and fighting with a mix of a suspenseful story line and memorable characters.

I could really feel the emotion in Jacks voice as he asked Tony why. You could see it hurt him to see his friend be this way.

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 01:43:16 AM »

That was very cool.. those kind of situations are what make the show great I think.  There are ALWAYS going to be tech plot holes and things like that but it isn't meant to be realistic.

I think this season is going to be great, already starting out with some classic situations and better than the last one, which seems like it was ages ago!

i watch the show for action and fighting with a mix of a suspenseful story line and memorable characters.

I could really feel the emotion in Jacks voice as he asked Tony why. You could see it hurt him to see his friend be this way.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 10:47:39 AM »

Yeah you have to view 24 for what it is to fully enjoy it.  And I love it!  But I have friends who used to watch the show and have since given up and now say they hate it.  The same thing every season, power struggle, unreal situations.  My reply to their complaints is always the same, what show isn't similar year after year?  You're not gonna go from AFD to CD in one years time.  Obviously the show stretches the boundaries, but you know that getting into it, so what's the big deal?  It's part of what makes the show so great, for me at least.  I look forward all week to the new episode.  I can't say that about many other shows.

Pretty much true for my wife and I, too.  THIS and "Lost" are the only real "appointment viewing" shows on TV.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 07:58:14 PM »

My wife and I are huge fans.  How the hell are we going to live on only 1 hour of 24 a week?   crying

The show flies by...and is it just me or is the wife of the dude who got killed (not suicide) hot as hell?  My name for her is the hottie with the crazy eyebrows.  If only her eyebrows weren't crazy!  Damn she's hot!  I'm worried about her...I hope she doesn't get killed, but I'm afraid she will be.  Sad

When that dude got shot through the window my heart definitely stopped for a split-second.  I was like, "Yes!," only 24 does that to me.   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 11:42:06 PM »

It's a show that I didn't think would see another season but the new season started off with a good vibe.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Chief
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:02 AM »

I read here that the next season is probably the last one!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b79083_24_will_jack_bauer_die_on_big_screen.html

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 07:46:06 AM »

^shame.

One of the best TV shows of this generation.

With the new season, all episodes have been great, other than the most recent one. I thought that was a bit weak.

html sucks
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »

Thought they had signed on for a bunch more...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »

New 24 is great. Having Tony back breathes life into the series.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »

24 is great. My favorite show ever.

I loved it ever since season 1. The shock in season 1 when we found out that Nina Myers was the traitor and she was speaking serbian on the phone with dennis hopper. I couldnt fucking believe it Shocked

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »

I also love that tony's back. The past couple years there has been so many new charecters that youve barely known. Tony brings back some of the spirit from the first seasons  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: