Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Thank god for Velvet Revolver !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank god for Velvet Revolver !  (Read 28486 times)
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2004, 04:14:04 AM »

and on a sidenote, give me a quote from duff or slash after 01-01-04 that is negative to Axl outside of there lawsuit against him for mismanagement

Here is your quote, which is a blatant lie.

"Scott always wants to work," says Slash, "and that's a change. With Axl, it was impossible to get him to do anything""

How do you know this is a lie Dave? Were you in the studio with them in the mid 1990's? The fact is in the past 10 years Axl has released 1 new song and has 5 more that he plays live. Both Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Matt and Slash have all got albums full of original material. Now if it was Slash being half arsed about Gn'R - why go and make a solo album/tour in 1995 then again in 2001 and then Contraband in 2004?
Im sure youll bring some Brain May/Stinson etc. etc. quote into this - but the fact is even they werent in the studio in 1994/1995. Sure Axl MAY have 2/3 albums full of material now - but whats to say he didnt even start on that till 2000 - about 5 years after slash left? You have no idea along with the rest of us what goes on or went on in the Gn'R camp.

Riot In Everyone!
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2004, 04:18:18 AM »

Because there is nothing to defend.  He killed that which we all loved, the original GNR.  And some of us are not too happy about that.  He has failed to produce a single above average song, let alone an album in 10 years.  And some of us are disappointed in him for that.
He didnt kill the band you loved. The band killed the band. They had musical differences. Slash wanted to go one way, Axl another. They were both stubborn and didnt compromise.

Actually in my eyes New Gnr have given us 6 samples of excellent music. Just because you dont liek them doesnt mean all other gnr fans dont liek them. As for the album...what if it turns out to be a masterpiece...?

If your happy that Vr are doing the "Rock N Roll" thing thats fine. If their actions and beliefs make an album they make great instead of the actual music thats your standards and opinion.
We'll see how many singles the band can awueeze out of contrabanf and how the album sells over time. That will give us a better read on how the people view the music. Not hyped up articles. Same thing with gnr. They are gonan get all the hype and promotion when they get goin. Lets see where it ends up.....and what determines that is the music....

Thankyou YoungGunner - a big fan of Axl (even though we all are to some degree) who can post balanced, unbiased posts! peace

Ontopic though - I think Contraband is a good solid album  - an album (bar two) of good songs and a couple of possible greats. It excites me too think of a) the forthcoming tour and b) what these guys will be capable of in the future. All round - im please with a kick ass rock record!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:21:45 AM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2004, 06:36:14 AM »

Wow ANOTHER thread that is Dave vs the world Roll Eyes

When i first heard Contraband i was bored to be honest - about 90 listens to it later i realise its a fantastic album with some great tracks - not sure there's a weak track here

It will be nice to see a real rock band in the charts or music channels, maybe thanking god for VR is a bit much but i'm certainly thankful there are here, and here to stay (oi - tour in the UK!)

Whether people love VR like i do or hate them like...some people do.... can we please end these VR v GNR squabbels - there two entirely different bands, enjoy each for its merits.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
sami
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2004, 07:00:50 AM »

I hate my hometown! rant
I hate the fuckin? recordstore! rant
Wanna know why!
I dont care gonna tell you anyway.
The VR cd should be released today but guess what. There is no sign of cd in my recordstore. this just sucks. crying

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2004, 07:09:35 AM »

The album is pretty good. It's nothing spectacaular but it's a good solid album and better than any rock bands put out lately.

I'm glad Velvet Revolver are here and i hope they make more albums it'll be something to look forward to

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2004, 08:45:20 AM »

and on a sidenote, give me a quote from duff or slash after 01-01-04 that is negative to Axl outside of there lawsuit against him for mismanagement

Here is your quote, which is a blatant lie.

"Scott always wants to work," says Slash, "and that's a change. With Axl, it was impossible to get him to do anything""

How do you know this is a lie Dave? Were you in the studio with them in the mid 1990's? The fact is in the past 10 years Axl has released 1 new song and has 5 more that he plays live. Both Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Matt and Slash have all got albums full of original material. Now if it was Slash being half arsed about Gn'R - why go and make a solo album/tour in 1995 then again in 2001 and then Contraband in 2004?
Im sure youll bring some Brain May/Stinson etc. etc. quote into this - but the fact is even they werent in the studio in 1994/1995. Sure Axl MAY have 2/3 albums full of material now - but whats to say he didnt even start on that till 2000 - about 5 years after slash left? You have no idea along with the rest of us what goes on or went on in the Gn'R camp.

You did read slashs quotes in his own words right? And now he is changing his mind that axl did not want to work? Id call that lying. What do  you call it?
Like I said the knock on Axl has always been he likes to over work the songs.  We have quotes from all the band members what was going on at that time, so I am just going by what was said by the various members.
Slash is changing his tune now from what he said when everything was really going on, a lot of the quotes are from his offical site.  

Anyway, getting back on topic, enjoy the album since its out today, some one at the bar said you cant rip it to your computer.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2004, 01:03:35 PM »

I hate my hometown! rant
I hate the fuckin? recordstore! rant
Wanna know why!
I dont care gonna tell you anyway.
The VR cd should be released today but guess what. There is no sign of cd in my recordstore. this just sucks. crying

Of all the reply's posted so far, this one is by far my favourite  hihi hihi

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2004, 01:07:03 PM »

Dave, I don't think Slash is lying or changing his story. If you read old quotes from the band, you will see Axl often left them waiting all night into the early morning before he would get any work done. That was one of the reasons Duff left the band. Izzy has also said Axl would never rehearse with them and we all know how he kept them waiting before they were able to take the stage at their gigs. They also had a hard time finishing the Illusions because Axl kept delaying them.
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2004, 05:31:24 AM »

The only threat I can see to a future success for Velvet Revolver, would be if Scott can?t manage to stay clean from drugs. If he fails that would destroy the band.

nervous  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: