Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rage Against the Machine out to get Bush
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rage Against the Machine out to get Bush  (Read 8009 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2007, 05:18:29 PM »

My thought exactly. This "protest through music shit" died when john lennon was killed. Its very cliche nowadays.

Huh

What do you base this on?

Protest through music has existed about as long as music; it was a big part of folk/blues/rock n' roll long before Lennon, why would it possibly die with him?

I dont remember Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presly, Johnny Cash etc. protesting about anything.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »

mass murder?

American actions in Iraq has made us responsible for the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. It is unfortunate you are unable to face up to that. It is as much a moral disaster for us as it was for the German people. Three million Iraqis are currently refugees, and death among them from starvation and disease is also horrifying. It is sad you cannot see that George Bush has turned Iraq into a giant Death Camp.

...hes not hitler....

I see no difference. Both pursued mass murder in the name of a failed ideology, not in the name of morality and righteousness in battling some evil that could not be avoided. The neo-con philosophy of soft-soap Nazism is as odious as the Maoism of Pol Pot. All seek to impose their will on other people through violence. There is no moral righteousness in anything we have done, only a smoke screen. They are all the same. Fuck all of you bastards.

so you see no difference between Bush and a man who tried to wipe several races off the face of the earth?...i got nothing....im not even bothering talking to you....you obviously arent jewish or polish for that matter....otherwise you would NEVER casually put Hitler in the same league as Bush....you obvioulsy have no understanding of the holocaust at all.....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »

I dont remember Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presly, Johnny Cash etc. protesting about anything.

Apparently youve never heard Johnny Cashs "The Ballad of Ira Hayes," which touched on injustices against Native Americans.  Or John Lee Hookers "I Dont Wanna Go To Vietnam" ("We got so much trouble at home, we don't need to go to Vietnam").

From a Living Blues magazine article:

"Southern Exposure was the third album by Josh White, a young singer who was then staking out a unique position in American music: he was the only musician ever to make a name for himself singing political blues. Oddly, he made no claim to uniqueness; like Wright, he argued that the blues was by its nature a protest music, and decades of writers on the subject would concur."

However I was mistaken to include rock n' roll.  While there might have been a few songs dealing with societal issues (Chuck Berrys "Too Much Monkey Business" being one), they mostly began appearing during Lennons career.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:18:19 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 07:51:27 AM »

Bush's approval rating is so low, it seems less of a big deal to come out against him.

Its like coming out against hunger or something.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »

Bush's approval rating is so low, it seems less of a big deal to come out against him.

Well youre a Bush supporter, so thats your take on it and thats fine.  But you can rest assured they have come out against Bush seperately in some capacity during his entire time in office, so its only logical theyd continue together. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »

...hes not hitler....
I see no difference.

I don't like bush but you seriously know nothing about what hitler did if you say so and to compare bush with that.

just like calling jarmo a nazi just for censoring total bullshit when nazism is nothing about that.

some of you people are really so way out of line no get real and learn some shit about hitler and after that dare to say you don't see no difference between him and bush, you make yourselves looking like total fools and that's what you are fi you think it's like that.

Be thankful for that one of the greatest bands from the 90's is getting back together headbanger
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: