Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:02:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What will you do on the day Chinese Democracy is released?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What will you do on the day Chinese Democracy is released?  (Read 65932 times)
jbuch
Headliner

Detroit: 2002, 2006, and now 2016

« on: February 28, 2006, 12:47:33 AM »

I was just wondering if anybody else plans on taking the day off work when Chinese Democracy comes out.? I know I will just so I can listen to it all day.? My wife thinks I'm an idiot.? Smiley
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:43:13 AM by jarmo » Logged
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:52:42 AM »

only one day off?  you should take the whole week off cause this is history in the making.

Appetite4democracy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 12:57:06 AM »

this topic has been covered already
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:59:20 AM »

I'll need the whole day off to listen and the whole night to celebrate the release as I am will be on the nightrain. smoking
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 12:59:31 AM »

Oh fuck yea. This is a once in a lifetime event that cant ever be duplicated. Something we have waiting a lifetime for. The only thing that equals this for me was with Revenge of the Sith (being a fan). I waited since '83 to see the events that occured in Sith. I fucking swear I will feel like I won the gold medal at the Olympics the day Chinese Democracy gets released. There is no fucking way I will be getting any work (or anything for that matter) done, when this dream gets released.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 01:00:20 AM »

yeah, ive often thought about it too, and in all fairness, I think a sickie may be pulled that day

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:02:21 AM »

yeah. when i told my co workers i'm gonna use a vacation day they all laughed at me. my wife thinks it's ridiculous. she says i can clean the house while i'm jammin'. sounds fair to me i guess.
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:20 AM »

The day Chinese Democracy is released will also be one of the greatest days in my life. ?When I saw GNR live front row in Vegas on new years going into 2002, that was also one of the greatest days in my life as well. ?It will be so surreal once its released and is a big reason for my existance!

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:12:41 AM »

My girlfriend knows better than to assume otherwise....I know you guys hate this comparision, but when Brian Wilson released Smile, all of these middle-aged folk on his message board were posting about whipping out bongs from their flower-power heyday, taking off work, closing the blinds...Hilarious stuff...I presume we won't be waiting quite so long.
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 01:14:30 AM »

I'll probably go sick. Maybe the forums should all shut for the day so that everyone can listen to the CD properly before posting endless shit about their favourite songs. In fact when CD is released is there much more point for these forums? Maybe as a mark of respect for the momentous occasion they should all close
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 01:15:54 AM »

thanks for the idea, fucker!! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Now I have to join you!!!

I never even thought about it, but, yeah, when the fucker comes out, I am gonna have to take the day off as well, and my wife will think that's idiotic, but who the fuck cares??? It is only gonna happen once in our lifetime, better enjoy it.

U R right, how much work would get done any ways?Huh? yes yes

Behold, the evil that men do...
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 01:19:14 AM »

thanks for the idea, fucker!! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Now I have to join you!!!

I never even thought about it, but, yeah, when the fucker comes out, I am gonna have to take the day off as well, and my wife will think that's idiotic, but who the fuck cares??? It is only gonna happen once in our lifetime, better enjoy it.

U R right, how much work would get done any ways?Huh? yes yes

You know you'll just be staring at the shrink wrapped CD on your desk...Why tarnish perfectly good office furniture?  Spare your job the inconvenience and simply decline to go in!  Problem solved
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 01:19:18 AM »

It's just hard for some people to understand how the release of Chinese Democracy could mean so much to us all. It is obvious, us die hard fans are the ones that were touched by Axl's lyrics and voice the most out of anyone. We were all touched so much that even most of us have treated Axl in a sense, as part of our family. We all know that he has done some wrong in the past, but still we come to his defense with great vengence as if one of our child was being attacked when he is unfairly ridiculed by the media, press, moronic dj's, or other idiots. We all love him like he is our kid or something along those lines.... when you look at how long we have been standing by his vision for the new Guns N Roses, that is more than proof.

I can not wait until the day that we will all be united when he get to hear his voice on the first track of Chinese Democracy.. for we will all be feeling the same euphoric feeling in our stomach. beer
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 01:25:21 AM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 01:23:00 AM »

It's just hard for some people to understand how the release of Chinese Democracy could mean so much to us all. It is obvious, us die hard fans are the ones that were touched by Axl's lyrics and voice the most out of anyone. We were all touched so much that even most of us have treated Axl in a sense, as part of our family. We all know that he has done some wrong in the past, but stil wel come to his defense with great vengence when he is unfairly ridiculed by the media, press, moronic dj's, or other idiots. We all love him like he is our child or something along those lines.... when you look at how long we have been standing by his vision for the new Guns N Roses, that is more than proof.

I can not wait until the day that we will all be united when he get to hear his voice on the first track of Chinese Democracy.. for we will all be feeling the same euphoric feeling in our stomach. beer

Fuck...the first track on Chinese democracy. Man that will be an experince!
McDuff
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »

It's just hard for some people to understand how the release of Chinese Democracy could mean so much to us all. It is obvious, us die hard fans are the ones that were touched by Axl's lyrics and voice the most out of anyone. We were all touched so much that even most of us have treated Axl in a sense, as part of our family. We all know that he has done some wrong in the past, but stil wel come to his defense with great vengence when he is unfairly ridiculed by the media, press, moronic dj's, or other idiots. We all love him like he is our child or something along those lines.... when you look at how long we have been standing by his vision for the new Guns N Roses, that is more than proof.

I couldn't have said it better myself beer
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 01:24:31 AM »

Everyone will be on the same page with regard to how great it is.....For the first hour at least Grin
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 01:26:57 AM »

Yeah, I will take a day off from school. Finally I have a good reason for that ?Roll Eyes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 01:29:23 AM »

how about celebrate the release date of CD all the years?  Grin

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 01:36:16 AM »

how about celebrate the release date of CD all the years?  Grin

With all the waiting, I'm ready to take a day off the day they ANNOUNCE a release date
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 01:42:09 AM »

hell ya total sick day probably two from work.

I've planned the day out in my mind many times. First i'll have to track down some weed. I don't smoke dope any more but for this occasion I have to pull out the ol' bong for old times sake. I'll be at the store first thing. come home. turn off all the lights, blinds closed, my sony studio headphones on, pull a couple big hoots, and play the album over and over all day and night.... get up and repeat the next day as well.

then i'll probably hop on the computer and check out what all you fuckers think, as no one else quite understands my obsession with axl rose...

but my folk music loving girlfriend actually really likes TWAT and Better... thats got to say something about axl's new works

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: