Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour  (Read 80932 times)
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #420 on: October 20, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »

I'd rather they change the covers out (dropping L+LD and KOHD), and playing Don't Cry and some of the new stuff we haven't heard yet. I always think UYI gets under-represented live.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2006, 07:26:47 PM »

^ Same here. I love Civil War! Yesterdays should replace KOHD and  Civil war should be in the encore. Live and let die just annoys me so that should be replaced too.

I hate fanboys.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #422 on: October 21, 2006, 11:20:25 AM »

I think if they busted something like this out on the fall tour, it'd be balanced, and would keep the diehards and the casuals happy. (New additions in bold):

WTTJ
ISE
Brownstone
Chin. Dem.
You Could Be Mine
Better
Civil War
(NEW SONG)

Estranged
TWAT
Nightrain
IRS
Patience
Used To Love Her (A mini acoustic set with these two back to back)
Don't Cry
(NEW SONG)

The Blues
November Rain
PC

Sweet Child really needs to be either towards the end of the set, or in the encore - playing it so early on like they have been is kinda iffy with me..its one of those classics that needs to be saved for the end, in my opinion.

12-13 classics and 8 new songs (if they do a 20 song set) - is a good way to keep the old fans hooked and to introduce the new material to the set.

Also, notice no Live And Let Die - that song needs to go away and never come back!

Estranged ?? so early..nooo ?  Huh

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #423 on: October 21, 2006, 11:36:48 AM »

there's slim chances we'll see estranged played live, and don't damn me too (the old line-up never played it)

but it would be nice if they had a spot in the setlist for a rotating old song, a song that changes everynight and that they don't usualy play. like one night they could have civil war, the next anything goes, next night perfect crime, and so on. it would make every show a little bit more special.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #424 on: October 21, 2006, 03:18:12 PM »

This is what i'd like to hear in 2006...

Welcome To The Jungle
(new song)
Chinese Democracy
Nightrain
Better
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
Civil War
The Blues
Yesterdays
Madagascar
(new song)
Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S.
There Was A Time

ENCORE:

Rocket Queen
Estranged
Paradise City
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:14:14 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2006, 06:02:36 PM »

The Legend - You have a great setlist..that is what i want

I hope that someday the new GNR - songs will replace the old ones..Totally..Exept for the REAL big hits

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #426 on: October 22, 2006, 12:10:55 AM »

Other than Jungle, PC, Train, & RQ i'm bored with every freakin' thing else on AFD at this point. I mean it's all classic, but how many times can you hear it? I am kinda partial to the Baz participation on Michelle & Izzy participation on Think About You, and if those were in the set, that'd be great too.

But personally, i'd like to hear more new stuff woven into a few classics from the Illusions, and then call it a set.

They've gotta get away from this current set. Other than Better & I.R.S., we've been hearing this same set since Vegas in 2001!

Even if it's Oh My God. I don't care, but if I hear It's So Easy after WTTJ one more time, somebody's gonna die in that concert and I don't know who.

By the way, I forgot The Blues, so I added that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:13:45 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #427 on: October 22, 2006, 06:51:11 AM »

ok  ok

justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: October 22, 2006, 07:06:52 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Better
Live And Let Die
Sweet Child O' Mine
The Blues
November Rain
There Was A Time
You Could Be Mine
I.R.S.
Patience
Madagascar
Civil War
Chinese Democracy
Paradise City

along with 4-5 new songs  ok

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #429 on: October 22, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »

They won't add any old songs they have not been playing, i.e. Civil War, Estranged, Don't Cry. Assuming the setlist stays around 18 songs, just like the european tour, i'd expect something like this:

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Better
5. Live And Let Die
6. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
7. The Blues
8. Sweet Child O' Mine
9. Madagascar
10. You Could Me Mine
11. Prostitute
12. November Rain
13. I.R.S./Sorry
14. There Was A Time/The General
15. Patience
16. Nightrain
17. Chinese Democracy
18. Paradise City

Plus a few extra solos. The songs with slashes are for the variations in setlists.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #430 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »

I just had a hallelujah moment... I saw in an inner vision, the perfect setlist! Okay, maybe not. Prepare for some rarities. I'd kill to go to this gig.

The opening part of the concert would kick an unbelieavable amount of ass. A long set, yes Cheesy

Welcome To The Jungle
You Could Be Mine
Better
Nightrain
Sweet Child Of Mine
Catcher In The Rye
Don't Cry (It'd be awesome if it started with Ron doing a solo of it..and in the end the whole band would join for the full song.)
Bad Apples
The Blues
I.R.S
November Rain
Double Talkin' Jive
Sweet Child Of Mine
Out Ta Get Me
Paradise City

Encore songs:

Pretty Tied Up
I Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin of course!)
Civil War

*dreams*

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2006, 08:30:48 PM »

I think TWAT would make a killer encore right before Paradise City

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #432 on: October 24, 2006, 08:41:21 PM »

I just had a hallelujah moment... I saw in an inner vision, the perfect setlist! Okay, maybe not. Prepare for some rarities. I'd kill to go to this gig.

The opening part of the concert would kick an unbelieavable amount of ass. A long set, yes Cheesy

Welcome To The Jungle
You Could Be Mine
Better
Nightrain
Sweet Child Of Mine
Catcher In The Rye
Don't Cry (It'd be awesome if it started with Ron doing a solo of it..and in the end the whole band would join for the full song.)
Bad Apples
The Blues
I.R.S
November Rain
Double Talkin' Jive
Sweet Child Of Mine
Out Ta Get Me
Paradise City

Encore songs:

Pretty Tied Up
I Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin of course!)
Civil War

*dreams*

Bad Apples...  nervous

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #433 on: October 25, 2006, 02:20:53 PM »

I'm a bit surprised the setlist hasn't changed much with the new tour (as I'm sure a lot of you are as well)...although we are only one show in.

That being said, I have to believe there will be a significant change to the setlist by the time the next NY date rolls around. Four shows at the Hammerstein and the last show of '02...all with virtually the same setlist. I can understand keeping this standard set for the European Summer tour and some other dates in cities where the '02 tour didn't make it, but when they come back around to NY (now for their sixth show with the new line up...and the album supposedly on the brink of release) I really hope they change it up a bit for us NY fans (even though I can't attend this show? Sad? )

Anyone else agree?

Edit: Sorry...thread was NOT supposed to have a  Wink icon next to it.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #434 on: October 25, 2006, 02:21:59 PM »

I agree with the logic, but I know better than to apply it to Axl.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2006, 02:31:56 PM »

I am very dissapointed with the setlist and I agree that when he comes to the tri-state area he almost has to switch it up.  I am not feeling as excited about the shows I am going to now (NJ and NY).  Hopefully Axl will mix it up a bit, but at this point it doesn't look like its going to happen.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2006, 02:37:48 PM »

I am very dissapointed with the setlist and I agree that when he comes to the tri-state area he almost has to switch it up.? I am not feeling as excited about the shows I am going to now (NJ and NY).? Hopefully Axl will mix it up a bit, but at this point it doesn't look like its going to happen.

my sentiments exactly

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #437 on: October 25, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »

TWAT played at every show would be nice.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2006, 02:45:09 PM »

TWAT played at every show would be nice.

I couldn't agree with you more ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: October 25, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »

All that I wanted was...

A NEW FUCKING SETLIST, Wig boy!

All kidding aside, Axl has to mix things up a bit. Sure, the logic behind the same set list could be that he wants to keep it similar for everyone to enjoy the same show, but honestly I don't think anyone would complain if they were getting a unique show. Besides, a lot of fans go to multiple shows, and I doubt they want to hear the same set over, and over, and over again. I went to Hammerstein four times, and will be attending MSG and Continental, and will be disappointed if I hear the same exact set again.

I'm not asking for 15 different songs every night. And no, I'm not even asking for any more new songs to be played before the album hits. All I'm looking for is a little bit of diversity. We get it- Jungle, Its so easy, Brownstone, live and let die, kohd, sweet child, ycmb, the blues... etc. Its too predictable.

Axl, mix it up a bit- surprise people... start the show with the same intro, and rip into Chinese Democracy, or something else. I love Jungle, but it doesn't have to be the opener every night. In the past, GNR has opened with various songs. The comparisons between the old band and the new band are going to get worse if it continues to be 90% Appetite. By playing this much AFD material, you're conceding to the fact that you're never goint to top this album... which may be true, but I don't need to hear Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, Sweet Child, Paradise City, Nightrain, My Michelle, and Out Ta Get Me every single night. I do view many of those songs as essential, but I personally would like to see a few more illusions songs mixed in.

I don't think Axl understands how small and concentrated his fanbase is. Many fans attend more than one show, they follow the shows online, they like to know whats going on. The only explaination I can think of is that he doesn't want people bootlegging the shows, which is weak. You shouldn't deprive people of a better show just because a few people are recording it.

Aside from the recent three leaked songs he has played, the setlist has essentially been the same for six years, and its becoming depressing.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: