Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour  (Read 80660 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #440 on: October 25, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »

? Although I would love to see them play more new songs, the 5 they have rotating in and out of the set list are just fine with me till CD dropps, actually I don't want to hear more of the album till it's in my hands.

What I do think is the set list could use a little more UYI I & II, ?it's weird that they only play 2 covers KOHD & LALD and November Rain and YCBM it's sort of like saying GNR wrote only 2 memorable, excellent songs out of the 30 on the UYI cds. I love UYI and play them much more than AFD. (I personally never was crazy about YCBM but I understand it has its place in the set)

LALD could go...It's upbeat and all and cool but Civil War is just as cool and Double Talkin Jive is just as fast.

I realise KOHD needs to be there it was a big hit and GNR's version is more remembered than the one from Bob Dylan ....what I enjoyed when Metallica was on the Black Album Tour they took the best parts of ...And Justice for All (instrumental and parts with Vocals) and made it into a huge Medley it was awsome I loved it live. When I bought the Box set it was one of the things I listened to most.

Now GNR could drop all the solos and do an Illusions medley first part being instrumental (Axl gets his well deserved Breather, take Oxygen, do a Line, Whatever he does backstage, get a Hummer) and he comes back and they finnish off with the Vocal parts....

Think how cool a medely of the best parts of;

Civil War, with the sample over it and all,
Don't Cry (even though I don't like this song I think it has it's place as well)
The Garden,
Dead Horse,
Coma,
and finnish if sort of like half of Estranged. I'm sure they could turn an idea like that into a monster 15-18 min highlight of the show.

I just think as well it would be more entertaining for the fans than 20 minutes of Guitar doodling I've never been a guitar solo fan.

I know it a lose-lose situation if they did a medely we'd be talking about it and why they played a medely

I'm not complaining about the setlist love the fact that the boys are rockin' and out there... just think the Illusions are just as an important part of the GNR history as AFD and are hardly represented in the set. Many of the songs are just as classic GNR as for example "out to get me". ok

?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #441 on: October 25, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »

I am very dissapointed with the setlist and I agree that when he comes to the tri-state area he almost has to switch it up.? I am not feeling as excited about the shows I am going to now (NJ and NY).? Hopefully Axl will mix it up a bit, but at this point it doesn't look like its going to happen.

It annoys me to no end when you people complain about the setlist.  Thus far GN'R have played anywhere from 4-6 new songs between Hammerstein, Europe and thus far in America.   CD will have 13 songs.  When most bands release a new album they play approximately half of it.  We've gotten possibly 6 of 13 songs and the album hasn't been released yet.  I assume once the album is released we'll hear even more new songs.  Why would they want to play anything else at this point until CD is released?  I'd rather wait to hear the new songs we haven't heard on CD before they're played live.  Be patient people.  Its been said many times now.  We're down to 9 Tuesday left in the year.  Its all good!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #442 on: October 26, 2006, 05:28:56 AM »

Old...New...Old... I'd open with the heavy hitters that everyone knows and loves; then I'd play a few off of UYI and then 1 off of CD. Then return to heavy hitters. Break (solo) Then, new CD material. Introduce it as such...then a mix of heavy hitters and UYI. For an encore asides from Paradise City I would do TWAT or on some evenings consider bringing back 'Estranged' and perhaps something obscure, a cover from TSI such as the New York Dolls "Human Being" (At MSG, given the Dolls are back together this may not be an unreasonable idea) Perhaps a different cover such as, Hanoi Rocks or Elton John...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #443 on: October 26, 2006, 09:16:13 AM »

All that I wanted was...

A NEW FUCKING SETLIST, Wig boy!

Are you Weiland or were you just typing on his behalf?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: October 26, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Better
Live And Let Die
Sweet Child O' Mine
The Blues
November Rain
There Was A Time
You Could Be Mine
I.R.S.
Patience
Madagascar
Civil War
Chinese Democracy
Paradise City

along with 4-5 completely new, never before heard songs  ok

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #445 on: October 26, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »

I just had a hallelujah moment... I saw in an inner vision, the perfect setlist! Okay, maybe not. Prepare for some rarities. I'd kill to go to this gig.

The opening part of the concert would kick an unbelieavable amount of ass. A long set, yes Cheesy

Welcome To The Jungle
You Could Be Mine
Better
Nightrain
Sweet Child Of Mine
Catcher In The Rye
Don't Cry (It'd be awesome if it started with Ron doing a solo of it..and in the end the whole band would join for the full song.)
Bad Apples
The Blues
I.R.S
November Rain
Double Talkin' Jive
Sweet Child Of Mine
Out Ta Get Me
Paradise City

Encore songs:

Pretty Tied Up
I Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin of course!)
Civil War

*dreams*

Bad Apples...  nervous

What the hell is up with everybody disliking Bad Apples? It is one of their absolutely best songs, in my opinion! Anyway, I just recently got into TWAT and Madagascar... Such powerful and epic songs! BRILLIANT!

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

Yeah, I am waiting to the day of the Detroit show to decide on whether to go or not, I've seen this exact setlist about 5 times now.. I'm hoping it changes. If not, I'll probably still end up going, don't know for sure though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »

Compare the setlists from the European tour and you'll see that they added songs during the tour.

Also, you won't hear Rocket Queen, Think About You, Used To Love Her and so on at every show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »

just a thought to everybody complaining about the set list....

axl has said that everytime he sings his songs he goes into the place he was at the time when he wrote the song. the lyrics to songs like coma and estranged are very very personal to axl. he said in an inteview that one time that sometimes after a show he cant go out after the shows because he is so fucked up from revisting those old places. maybe, some of those songs are way to personal for axl and he doesnt want to relive them everynight.

just a thought. anyway this is really the first north american tour since 2002. so they will play the songs that the casual fan wants to hear GNR play. i think they picked a really good selection and i'm sure it will change once CD is released.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #449 on: October 31, 2006, 10:49:39 PM »

Del James is 100 percent right, and i have said it all along,,,anyone bitching about the shows...especially people not even goin to them are not real GNR fans...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2006, 11:03:23 PM »

Dude, you are in the setlist wishes/ theories/ comments thread...

again, this shit is only a problem when people "whine" about people wanting to hear certain songs. It doesn't make them any less of a fan.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:06:26 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »

Del James is 100 percent right, and i have said it all along,,,anyone bitching about the shows...especially people not even goin to them are not real GNR fans...

Screw you buddy, don't you dare call me or anyone else not a fan for wanting nothing more than one or two changes to the show; the same show I've seen 7 times already.  When I bought tickets for 3 upcoming shows, I didn't anticipate seeing the same show that's been performed for six years.  Would you seriously be upset if they changed Out Ta Get Me or Michelle with Civil War or Dead Horses?  Most people "bitching" as you say aren't those who've only seen one show or none at all.  Most are people who've seen the band several times in the last little while.  Just because there's no change in the setlist, does that mean I now hate the band, curse Axl's name and sell my tickets on ebay?  No, I'm still going, still plan on having a good time (along with the 15 people I talked into seeing the show), and still plan on traveling over 2000 k/ms to see them three times.  Yeah, you're right, that's not a fan at all?  I take it you've traveled across a major ocean, taken a week off to follow the band (twice in four years), and drove from Toronto to New York and back in 24 hours?  I guess you've got over $3000 worth of GNR memorabilia hanging on your wall?  But just because I and a few others have made a few suggestions about how to make the show better, you feel the need to brand us all as not real fans.

Before you start telling people that they're not real fans, think what you've done for this band.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:13 PM »

hey all I did was agree with Del James, hes the one who said it, and it seems to be the opinion of the whole GNR camp...as far as you asking me what kind of GNR fan I am...you havent got the slightest idea who you are talking to...I had 3,000 dollars worth of GNR merchandise by the time I was 15...10 YEARS AGO...I'll give ya a quick example...I bought a GNR leather Jacket this past summer, then I bought an extra one for rainy weather..the same exact jacket..... so you have no idea who you are talking to..... all I did was agree with Del James, GNR could play jungle 15 times in one night, and I still woudlnt complain....and one more thing,,,I hate that whole whos a bigger guns fan,, we are all fans....i only responded because you brought it up....i am sure you are a huge fan , as am I....we are on the same team dude....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:33:28 PM by JohnSDMF » Logged
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #453 on: October 31, 2006, 11:27:31 PM »

Screw you buddy, don't you dare call me or anyone else not a fan for wanting nothing more than one or two changes to the show; the same show I've seen 7 times already.? When I bought tickets for 3 upcoming shows, I didn't anticipate seeing the same show that's been performed for six years.? Would you seriously be upset if they changed Out Ta Get Me or Michelle with Civil War or Dead Horses?? Most people "bitching" as you say aren't those who've only seen one show or none at all.? Most are people who've seen the band several times in the last little while.? Just because there's no change in the setlist, does that mean I now hate the band, curse Axl's name and sell my tickets on ebay?? No, I'm still going, still plan on having a good time (along with the 15 people I talked into seeing the show), and still plan on traveling over 2000 k/ms to see them three times.? Yeah, you're right, that's not a fan at all?? I take it you've traveled across a major ocean, taken a week off to follow the band (twice in four years), and drove from Toronto to New York and back in 24 hours?? I guess you've got over $3000 worth of GNR memorabilia hanging on your wall?? But just because I and a few others have made a few suggestions about how to make the show better, you feel the need to brand us all as not real fans.

Before you start telling people that they're not real fans, think what you've done for this band.

Amen. Awesome post dude. GnR and their management just don't take criticism well at all.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #454 on: October 31, 2006, 11:35:09 PM »

hey all I did was agree with Del James, hes the one who said it, and it seems to be the opinion of the whole GNR camp...as far as you asking me what kind of GNR fan I am...you havent got the slightest idea who you are talking to...I had 3,000 dollars worth of GNR merchandise by the time I was 15...10 YEARS AGO...I'll give ya a quick example...I bought a GNR leather Jacket this past summer, then I bought an extra one for rainy weather..the same exact jacket..... so you have no idea who you are talking to..... all I did was agree with Del James, GNR could play jungle 15 times in one night, and I still woudlnt complain....

You didn't agree with Del James or Axl.  It's my impression that Del's complaint isn't against all fans, just those who don't go to the show.  But you've lumped anyone who has the slightest issue with the setlist as one in the same.  GNR is a great band who make music that we all love, but that doesn't mean that they're not without faults.  This is a message board where a variety of opinions are shared.  You may disagree with someone, but to call them not a true fan is low. 

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #455 on: October 31, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »

Screw you buddy, don't you dare call me or anyone else not a fan for wanting nothing more than one or two changes to the show; the same show I've seen 7 times already.  When I bought tickets for 3 upcoming shows, I didn't anticipate seeing the same show that's been performed for six years.  Would you seriously be upset if they changed Out Ta Get Me or Michelle with Civil War or Dead Horses?  Most people "bitching" as you say aren't those who've only seen one show or none at all.  Most are people who've seen the band several times in the last little while.  Just because there's no change in the setlist, does that mean I now hate the band, curse Axl's name and sell my tickets on ebay?  No, I'm still going, still plan on having a good time (along with the 15 people I talked into seeing the show), and still plan on traveling over 2000 k/ms to see them three times.  Yeah, you're right, that's not a fan at all?  I take it you've traveled across a major ocean, taken a week off to follow the band (twice in four years), and drove from Toronto to New York and back in 24 hours?  I guess you've got over $3000 worth of GNR memorabilia hanging on your wall?  But just because I and a few others have made a few suggestions about how to make the show better, you feel the need to brand us all as not real fans.

Amen. Awesome post dude. GnR and their management just don't take criticism well at all.

And their within their right to ignore what certain fans want.  Like has been said, you can't please everyone.  Just because I've spent a ton of money on this band doesn't make me more important.  I was just expressing a view that I'd like to see a slightly different show than I did in 2002, at Hammerstein in NYC, and in Paris this summer.  If just posting a few requests and wishes makes me not a "true fan," then maybe I don't want to be a true fan.  I'd rather be fan who can make up their own mind than who needs GNR to tell me what to think.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: October 31, 2006, 11:40:22 PM »

Might I suggest we just move past commenting on the changes or lack thereof to the setlist and be happy that gnr are touring and the album release is imminent. ?Let's keep this train a-rollin' and be positive. ?Things are as good as they've been in years. ?We are the gnr online community and I'd like to think our support is important. ?Please be mindful of that....this is an important time.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #457 on: November 01, 2006, 01:18:59 AM »

I wouldn't say complainers of the setlist aren't GN'R fans.

Probably more ungrateful than anything...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #458 on: November 01, 2006, 01:39:45 AM »

yes ungrateful....good call
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #459 on: November 01, 2006, 02:06:30 AM »

I wouldn't say complainers of the setlist aren't GN'R fans.

Probably more ungrateful than anything...
so they're ungrateful just because they started a discussion about the set-lists? what should they discuss during a tour? axl's shoes?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: