Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour  (Read 80615 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #460 on: November 01, 2006, 02:17:02 AM »

yes ungrateful....good call

Ungrateful, not true fans... you make a solid argument.  This is a thread to discuss and debate the setlist of this tour.  You might see this setlist as perfect, but other's don't, and they have every right to voice their opinion without being labeled as ungrateful or not true fans.  I don't call you a nut-hugging burger flipper 'cause it has nothing to do with the discussion.

Here's a more appropriate example.  Some here feel like Rocket Queen should be played every night, while other's think that it should be treated as an option.  That's something to discuss, not whether certain individuals are ungrateful. 

Grow up

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #461 on: November 01, 2006, 02:32:30 AM »

I wouldn't say complainers of the setlist aren't GN'R fans.

Probably more ungrateful than anything...
so they're ungrateful just because they started a discussion about the set-lists? what should they discuss during a tour? axl's shoes?

How about not discussing it at all? Other than the quality or performance? Instead of little fuckin' things. These were the same people in 2002 that were complaining about the football jerseys, braids, and Bucket, when people like me were just ecstatic they were fuckin' back, although it ended up being short-lived.

No one's saying you can't talk about a setlist, but complaining the show sucks because the setlist is the same, especially when you aren't even going out to the shows, is a real problem as a GNR fan-critic of the concert. It really is nit-picking something.

Sure, I have a personal setlist, i'd LOVE to hear them do. But i'm one person. And my setlist is gonna be completely different from the next fan. Completely different from Axl's, completely different from Tommy's, completely different from Robin's, etc.

You can't please everyone. They are Guns N' Roses. And the shows I was at, NO ONE complained about the setlist. Sure people wanted to hear songs like Coma, Civil, and Loco, but not always does it turn out that way. Everyone was please. Sure the Use Your Illusion fans wanted more UYI stuff, but they knew most likely Axl would do more Appetite stuff going in, just out of common sense, and I guarantee you 98% of the people there have never even heard of a GNR message board.

They loved it, and sang along to all of the old classics. Axl & co. know what they are doing. They are giving the fans what they want, overall. If they went in there, and played a setlist 75% CD, people would eventually get bored because they would want some familiar stuff. You simply can't please everyone, and the currently setlist is pretty dead on of what they should be playing at this point.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #462 on: November 01, 2006, 02:49:49 AM »

How about not discussing it at all? Other than the quality or performance?Instead of little fuckin' things. These were the same people in 2002 that were complaining about the football jerseys, braids, and Bucket, when people like me were just ecstatic they were fuckin' back, although it ended up being short-lived.

No one's saying you can't talk about a setlist, but complaining the show sucks because the setlist is the same, especially when you aren't even going out to the shows, is a real problem as a GNR fan-critic of the concert. It really is nit-picking something.
why shouldn't i discuss it? it's about the band and it's current tour. and i'm not pro people who say the show sucks because they didn't play this or that song. that's retarded. but there are people wishing they would play civil war instead of out ta get me or something like that. and they just discuss the posibility. they shouldn't be called whiners or worse. a lot of people begin the name-calling and don't even try to give a valid point. that's fucked up.

Sure, I have a personal setlist, i'd LOVE to hear them do. But i'm one person. And my setlist is gonna be completely different from the next fan. Completely different from Axl's, completely different from Tommy's, completely different from Robin's, etc.
it's not about changing the whole set-list. it's something like if ron is doing the don't cry solo why not play that with the full band? ar even the band to join in for the chorus or something? or one or two more songs from the illusions. are they saying that they only play the hits? so the whole appetite album was a hit and from the illusions the only hits were 2 covers, nov rain and you could be mine?

You can't please everyone. They are Guns N' Roses. And the shows I was at, NO ONE complained about the setlist. Sure people wanted to hear songs like Coma, Civil, and Loco, but not always does it turn out that way. Everyone was please. Sure the Use Your Illusion fans wanted more UYI stuff, but they knew most likely Axl would do more Appetite stuff going in, just out of common sense, and I guarantee you 98% of the people there have never even heard of a GNR message board.

They loved it, and sang along to all of the old classics. Axl & co. know what they are doing. They are giving the fans what they want, overall. If they went in there, and played a setlist 75% CD, people would eventually get bored because they would want some familiar stuff. You simply can't please everyone, and the currently setlist is pretty dead on of what they should be playing at this point.
i don't want to hear more cd songs before it's released. i was pleased with what i heard before the leaks.
and why should the illusion fans expect axl to play more songs from appetite? they don't follow the message boards, they don't know what they're playing, like you said.
look at the greatest hits album. that's why it's called greatest hits because most of those songs are what most people like. i know that it wasn't approved by the band but still.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #463 on: November 01, 2006, 02:57:21 AM »

I wouldn't say complainers of the setlist aren't GN'R fans.

Probably more ungrateful than anything...
so they're ungrateful just because they started a discussion about the set-lists? what should they discuss during a tour? axl's shoes?

How about not discussing it at all? Other than the quality or performance?

Perhaps you didn't read the title of the thread.? It says: Setlist wishes/theories/comments for the 2006 tour.? What's the point of starting a thread if you're not allowed to discuss the issue.? The thread isn't about performance reviews, you can't find that in the tour section.? But at least in this post you made an argument rather than just attacking people personally by labeling them.? You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you, but I'm not going to attack you personally.

The basic point that many people (including myself) have been making is that we'd like to see a small difference in this tour than what we haven't seen thus far.? Granted, I myself weren't at any of the Florida shows, but I did drop nearly $300 on three up comining shows and I'm worried that the setlists will resemble what we've see in Florida.? As Jarmo has pointed out, in Europe the setlists were changed up a bit as the tour progressed, so I'm not that concerned.? I also think that the setlists are very similar in Florida as they were left out of the 2002 tour, and hence never were exposed to this setlist.? Even if the setlists are very similar to the three shows I'm going to, I'm still going to have a great time.? But considering GNR is playing the same setlist with a couple of exceptions as they did four years ago, you'd think that once they hit cities where they played in 2002 they'd change things up a bit for repeat customers.? And I don't think most of us are asking for drastic changes.? Some of us saw the options list that was posted on gunsnroses.com.? It made most of us excited.? Is that a bad thing?? Would it be a bad thing if GNR replaced an AFD song with an Illusions song?? Would people and the general audience be up in arms if instead of Out Ta Get Me they played Civil War??

These are things that we discuss here regardless of what's happening with the band.? If you don't like the discussion, then don't read the thread.? Otherwise, it's probably best to respect other people's opinions and not attack them personally be calling them ungrateful.

Cheers,

Andrew

Good point. But there's a big difference between discussing & nitpicking.

why shouldn't i discuss it? it's about the band and it's current tour. and i'm not pro people who say the show sucks because they didn't play this or that song. that's retarded. but there are people wishing they would play civil war instead of out ta get me or something like that. and they just discuss the posibility. they shouldn't be called whiners or worse. a lot of people begin the name-calling and don't even try to give a valid point. that's fucked up.

You can't please everyone. He was pointing out the nitpickers, cry babies, and those who haven't even went to a show, and are complaining about it. Not everyone.

it's not about changing the whole set-list. it's something like if ron is doing the don't cry solo why not play that with the full band? ar even the band to join in for the chorus or something? or one or two more songs from the illusions. are they saying that they only play the hits? so the whole appetite album was a hit and from the illusions the only hits were 2 covers, nov rain and you could be mine?

Most casual fans want to hear Appetite. You can't please everyone. Plus, didn't he say once he'd never perform Don't Cry live again out of Shannon Hoon's memory? Or was that just rumor?

i don't want to hear more cd songs before it's released. i was pleased with what i heard before the leaks.
and why should the illusion fans expect axl to play more songs from appetite? they don't follow the message boards, they don't know what they're playing, like you said.
look at the greatest hits album. that's why it's called greatest hits because most of those songs are what most people like. i know that it wasn't approved by the band but still.

Axl tried to stop the Greatest Hits, along with Slash, because it was not authorized by them, and it wasn't an accurate representation of GNR's real GH. This was originally the point of Live Era '87-'93. The final sendoff to the old days, and personally, LE87-93 is a much better compilation of songs than GH, especially the Japanese release.

Personally, other than maybe TWAT, I didn't want to hear anymore of CD either. Maybe a couple UYI songs, but I was happy and overjoyed with what I got. Let's save some special-ness to the album when it comes out.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #464 on: November 01, 2006, 03:48:40 AM »

Well I won't disagree that everybody that's 'in the know', is not always 'in the know'.

But I didn't see him bashing fans. I saw that as bashing complainers & haters.

This was a 'Get In The Ring' directed to the asshole fans.

the ones, "with a cobb in their ass up against the wall" - W. Axl Rose.

If you haven't noticed that applies to alot of people on this board. The lack of an album for 15 years and generally little concern for fans can bring out complaints from the hardest of fans.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #465 on: November 01, 2006, 03:53:13 AM »

Well I won't disagree that everybody that's 'in the know', is not always 'in the know'.

But I didn't see him bashing fans. I saw that as bashing complainers & haters.

This was a 'Get In The Ring' directed to the asshole fans.

the ones, "with a cobb in their ass up against the wall" - W. Axl Rose.

If you haven't noticed that applies to alot of people on this board. The lack of an album for 15 years and generally little concern for fans can bring out complaints from the hardest of fans.

I agree. But Axl did an interview in 2002, where he said don't hold your breath. Live your life.

He's doing his thing, and that's that. No one told you to dedicate every waking hour to it.

I'm not saying this is you, but to those 'hardest fans'... do something. Don't let GN'R be your life, and when it doesn't go the way you want, you throw your hands up and call them 'those assholes'.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2006, 04:17:29 AM »

I agree. But Axl did an interview in 2002, where he said don't hold your breath. Live your life.

He's doing his thing, and that's that. No one told you to dedicate every waking hour to it.

I'm not saying this is you, but to those 'hardest fans'... do something. Don't let GN'R be your life, and when it doesn't go the way you want, you throw your hands up and call them 'those assholes'.

Yeah, I remember that interview. But don't you think that the time has come now? We have been breathing and we have been living our lives, and off course we still do. The difference is that Axl has promised us this time, in a way not seen before. I mean, you can't expect fans, who btw wants nothing more than to experience all the guy has to offer, to sit still and shut up when the promises don't seem to be met.

I know, there are some around here whos complaints get old and tiring , but most are just jaded fans tired of all the bullshit and waiting. How can you really blame them?

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #467 on: November 01, 2006, 04:20:50 AM »

Yeah, I remember that interview. But don't you think that the time has come now? We have been breathing and we have been living our lives, and off course we still do. The difference is that Axl has promised us this time, in a way not seen before. I mean, you can't expect fans, who btw wants nothing more than to experience all the guy has to offer, to sit still and shut up when the promises don't seem to be met.

I know, there are some around here whos complaints get old and tiring , but most are just jaded fans tired of all the bullshit and waiting. How can you really blame them?

I don't, if the album doesn't drop in 2006. Then feel free.

But I thought I was talking about the setlist...

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #468 on: November 01, 2006, 05:00:55 AM »

Don't you think the lack of album and/or news has something to do with that?

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2006, 06:03:20 AM »

Don't you think the lack of album and/or news has something to do with that?

I have enough trust in Axl, to feel if he says it'll be out before 2006 is over, it will. This is the only time Axl himself has announced a release date.

If i'm a fool, well... I "won't get fooled again".

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #470 on: November 01, 2006, 06:04:55 AM »

Oh no, you will. Trust me hihi

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #471 on: November 01, 2006, 06:23:57 AM »

No I won't. Don't think my shoestring isn't stretched thin like everyone else's. I just root for them, instead of against them.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2006, 06:34:14 AM »

No I won't. Don't think my shoestring isn't stretched thin like everyone else's. I just root for them, instead of against them.

We're all rooting for them man. That don't mean we should sit silent when we feel something is out of place.

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #473 on: November 01, 2006, 10:00:57 AM »

When Gilby Clarke GNR in 1991, he had to learn 30 songs in a month when he began touring with them in 199 & there's no reason why these other guitarists & muscians & Axl (if he forget lyrics) shouldn't know 30 songs themselves. This would make a great GNR show even greater.
The 30 songs would comprise of:

AFD: WTTJ, Its So Easy, Mr. Brownstone; My Michelle, Paradise City; SCOM; Your Crazy (electric); Rocket Queen
LIES: Nice Boys; Patience, Used to Love Her
UYI: Right Next Door to Hell; Live & Let Die; Don't Cry; November Rain; The Garden (cool with the new band); Coma (cool as well); Civil War; 14 Years (with Izzy); Yesterdays; Get In the Ring; Estranged; YCBM
CD: TWAT; IRS; Better; Madagascar; The Blues; This I Love (& the rest would be new material & maybe a cover or two of songs)

Maybe a cover of a song like "Heartbreak Hotel" to draw in the millions of Elvis fans (they can't be wrong either).
Obviously, it would not be 30 songs a night, but with substitutions here & there & a special performance of COMA at select arenas.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #474 on: November 01, 2006, 10:25:50 AM »

So when CD finally drops, and I believe it will within the next 30 days or so.....

Will the set list move to doing a few of the new (unheard of to date new) songs and dropping a few of the older numbers? 

FWIW I don't believe LALD, PC,SCOM,KOHD or WTTJ will ever be dropped

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #475 on: November 01, 2006, 10:31:23 AM »

So when CD finally drops, and I believe it will within the next 30 days or so.....

Will the set list move to doing a few of the new (unheard of to date new) songs and dropping a few of the older numbers??

FWIW I don't believe LALD, PC,SCOM,KOHD or WTTJ will ever be dropped

I don't see why not. GnR' have a large music catalogue.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2006, 11:27:49 AM »

Which of you would argue with this set list for the rest of the tour?

1. Nightrain
2. Better
3. Its So Easy
4. SCOM
5. Chinese Democracy
6. Madagascar
7. Double Talkin Jive
8. Estranged
9. Welcome to the Jungle
10. Rocketqueen
11. Think About You
12. There was a Time