Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 48429 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 01:00:46 AM »

So he took time off for his family but could play this gig? What a dick

Damn right, Dave.

Instead of taking a short trip to Vegas and back, he should stay home 24/7 now. The whole thing probably took him 2-3 days, it's a bit different from touring across the States with GNR for the rest of the year.

Gnr is his band, and he left gnr to be with his family yet he has the time to play a show with praxis? That means he could play shows ?with gnr then but he hasnt so far on this leg. That is wrong. That is like you telling a friend you cant hang out because you need to spend time with your family then you go and hang out with some other friends.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 01:03:45 AM »

Well if its ture, that as MERck said , Brain and Frank are both in GNR, than why is a issue, seems that imo, there are truly only 6 members of the band who are indeed GNR, AXL, ROBIN, TOMMY, RICHARD, DIZZY, and PITMAN. And drummers ever since Adlers  departure have been only hired replacements, and having a 3rd guitar player is someone who can bring the technical wizardry to complete the live package. Its not so big a deal. And imo opinion pretty funny, that everyone is getting all worried . Lets save this till the album comes out. But at its core I do believe that those six I mentioned are the heart of GNR now. And after all the yrs of people saying Axl is so hard to work with crap, maybe just maybe, hes alined this this way, to get the best from those and doesnt mind that they do other projects. So hell why not have 2 drummers on the payroll who kicj ass and can fill the voids for each other , at any giving show.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 01:05:40 AM »

Axl should just fire brain and get back Josh Freese

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2006, 01:08:19 AM »

Brain kicks ass and Axl would have fired him already if he felt he had too. You do not know the situation. So stop saying Brain is a dick etc.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 01:09:45 AM »

If Brain doesnt do the Calif and Reno date for gnr, then ill really be pissed. Dont forget this is how BH quit. He started doing solo dates then he wigged out before Rio IV and just quit the band. Axl needs people like Tommy, Diz, and Robin that have stood by him from the beginning. Yes Robin left to go tour with NIN but that was just because Axl didnt need him at the time and when Axl called he came back, which pissed Trent off
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:11:18 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Brody
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 01:12:53 AM »

If Brain doesnt do the Calif and Reno date for gnr, then ill really be pissed. Dont forget this is how BH quit. He started doing solo dates then he wigged out before Rio IV and just quit the band. Axl needs people like Tommy, Diz, and Robin that have stood by him from the beginning. Yes Robin left to go tour with NIN but that was just because Axl didnt need him at the time and when Axl called he came back, which pissed Trent off

I take it you must have gotten the behind the scenes dvd early?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 01:14:20 AM »

I assume Axl/the band/mgmt. were all informed of this and cool with it.... if not... Brain's probably gone for good and Frank's the man.

Either way... I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.ok

Even the most ardent Brain supporter wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he gets fired because this performance was unauthorized by the band or mgmt. So I don't see much room for debate if that is indeed the case.

Meanwhile, if this was an "authorized" performance- no need for the Brain haters to get riled up either- if the band and mgmt. were cool with it- then there's no need to get pissy.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 01:15:57 AM »

I dont hate Brain, i like him, I think he is way better than Frank. I would not be pissed if I did not want him in this band.  I just dont like him playing a gig with another band while he is on hiatus with gnr. Just think if gnr had a show in Reno tonight and he did that show, would all of you still be so cool with it

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2006, 01:19:03 AM »

Gnr is his band, and he left gnr to be with his family yet he has the time to play a show with praxis? That means he could play shows  with gnr then but he hasnt so far on this leg. That is wrong. That is like you telling a friend you cant hang out because you need to spend time with your family then you go and hang out with some other friends.

Dave, that analogy would be correct if Brain would've done this during the September shows. If he would've played with Praxis or Tom Watts or whomever during GNR's minitour, it would've looked bad for him. This is because the September shows were a brief commitment away from his family (and geographically close, I believe). A full-blown US tour is not, and GNR isn't exactly hanging out on Brain's neighborhood anymore, they're moving between cities almost on a daily basis.

You expect Brain to trek back and forth the continent between gigs on Axl's private jet or something? For all we know, he might've even taken his family along for a Halloween trip to Vegas.

If Brain doesnt do the Calif and Reno date for gnr, then ill really be pissed.

I'm sure we're all deeply affected by your sentiment. Hypothetically, should Brain resign, the band would keep on touring with Frank. It's a tad different situation than back in 2004. To me, it seems Brain's done the right thing - notifying GNR that he might not be available throughout 2006 because of family matters, thus granting them all the necessary time to hire an understudy.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2006, 01:22:13 AM »

this is Axls 'project' and this again highlights it. This is the vision Axl obviously had back in the mid 90's when he dismantled GNR. Its kind of like Trent from NIN or Josh from Queens of the Stone age.

As long as the songs can be played live, does it matter? I thought BH leaving (this 'bands' trump card IMO) would kill this whole thing initially though it would seem not - just hire another guy who can rip off the parts live for the shows.
Stick to CD songs and youd have less of a problem but of course thats not feasible and this is a 'new' band ?hihi

Same deal with Brain - great drummer but Im sure this Frank guy can fill in adequatley for Brains CD parts as well as GNR classics (predominantly AFD songs)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2006, 01:22:40 AM »

This is also just more ammo for the haters to call new gnr not a real band and an axl rose solo project.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2006, 01:24:43 AM »

this is Axls 'project' and this again highlights it. This is the vision Axl obviously had back in the mid 90's when he dismantled GNR. Its kind of like Trent from NIN or Josh from Queens of the Stone age.

As long as the songs can be played live, does it matter? I thought BH leaving (this 'bands' trump card IMO) would kill this whole thing initially though it would seem not - just hire another guy who can rip off the parts live for the shows.
Stick to CD songs and youd have less of a problem but of course thats not feasible and this is a 'new' band ?hihi

Same deal with Brain - great drummer but Im sure this Frank guy can fill in adequatley for Brains CD parts as well as GNR classics (predominantly AFD songs)

Wow you beat me to it and proved my point. And no the songs cant be played live. Frank cant even play madagascar, why do you think its missing from the set list now?? Is frank even good enough to play the songs? From the youtubes of the first few shows the band sounds a mess and out of synch, adn that all stems for the drummer

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2006, 01:29:19 AM »

From the youtubes of the first few shows the band sounds a mess

That wouldn't have anything to do with YouTube itself, eh?

I saw them (with Frank) live in July. The band was aces, Madagascar sounded awesome.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 01:33:57 AM »

Wow you beat me to it and proved my point. And no the songs cant be played live. Frank cant even play madagascar, why do you think its missing from the set list now?? Is frank even good enough to play the songs? From the youtubes of the first few shows the band sounds a mess and out of synch, adn that all stems for the drummer

theres nothing 'hater' about believing this is a project.

Lets be realistic

your worship level has obviously been dented judging by your outbursts towards Brain - my point is as long as the CD parts can be played live (and by all accounts hes a great drummer) theres no problem

back up your argumentative claim with fact instead of knee-jerk rhetoric

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 01:36:57 AM »

From the youtubes of the first few shows the band sounds a mess

That wouldn't have anything to do with YouTube itself, eh?

I saw them (with Frank) live in July. The band was aces, Madagascar sounded awesome.

I talked to a few people that went to the show too and they said the same thing

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 01:41:08 AM »

theres nothing 'hater' about believing this is a project.

Lets be realistic

your worship level has obviously been dented judging by your outbursts towards Brain - my point is as long as the CD parts can be played live (and by all accounts hes a great drummer) theres no problem

back up your argumentative claim with fact instead of knee-jerk rhetoric

Like I said, if he can play a show with praxis he can play one with gnr. Also, we ll see if he is back before gnr play the west coast, but if he is not and does not play the west coast shows, then there is a problem.  No one still answered my question. What if gnr were in Reno or Cali tonight and Brain was not there but was playing with Praxis, would some of you still be cool with it?

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 01:44:52 AM »

i saw gnr in europe with frank. i saw gnr in florida with frank. ive seen over 15 shows with brain. it isn't even close. brain is a far superior drummer than frank. im just calling it as i saw and heard it. as a long time die hard that has stuck through the band for over 20 years, i really had gotten used to the new band and i call it as "band." not axl with a bunch of guys. and brain is (was?) a huge and important part of the band. i hope he is still in the band. im not a frank hater, but he's just not good for the band. its that simple. with players coming in and out, it just gives the sense that its axl's solo project....but in reality, it isn't. brain is a huge part of the band and i hope he comes back. i wish frank all the best, but he's not right of gnr...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 01:52:17 AM »

i'm watching inland invasion now...i'm not sure anymore if it really was brain.? either way, i don't know how cool axl would be with brain leaving a portion of the gnr tour but showing up to play w/ bucket.

Yeah, but Brain has been playing with Bucket before he was in GNR.? Axl knows this.? It's not a slap in the face.? Gnr has two drummers now, maybe because the erratic frontman has matured a little bit through the years. Shocked? Give credit to Axl for respecting Brains other outlets.
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 01:56:44 AM »

i'm watching inland invasion now...i'm not sure anymore if it really was brain.  either way, i don't know how cool axl would be with brain leaving a portion of the gnr tour but showing up to play w/ bucket.

Yeah, but Brain has been playing with Bucket before he was in GNR.  Axl knows this.  It's not a slap in the face.  Gnr has two drummers now, maybe because the erratic frontman has matured a little bit through the years. Shocked  Give credit to Axl for respecting Brains other outlets.

yeah, you're right...i think axl has shown he's way different from the old axl.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 01:20:55 AM »

Well if its ture, that as MERck said , Brain and Frank are both in GNR, than why is a issue, seems that imo, there are truly only 6 members of the band who are indeed GNR, AXL, ROBIN, TOMMY, RICHARD, DIZZY, and PITMAN. And drummers ever since Adlers? departure have been only hired replacements, and having a 3rd guitar player is someone who can bring the technical wizardry to complete the live package. Its not so big a deal. And imo opinion pretty funny, that everyone is getting all worried . Lets save this till the album comes out. But at its core I do believe that those six I mentioned are the heart of GNR now. And after all the yrs of people saying Axl is so hard to work with crap, maybe just maybe, hes alined this this way, to get the best from those and doesnt mind that they do other projects. So hell why not have 2 drummers on the payroll who kicj ass and can fill the voids for each other , at any giving show.

Yeah, but a 2nd keyboardist & 3rd guitarist are not needed fully to pull off the songs. A drummer is essential to a rock band.

Most likely Brain is still officially GNR's drummer, but Frank is an alternate. Just like Ron and possibly Izzy are alternates on the guitarist roster.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: