Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  G&R songs explained, visions and taiste.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G&R songs explained, visions and taiste.  (Read 50827 times)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 04:42:08 AM »

3. Each post discusses EVERY song on said album- as opposed to several different posts that will inevitably end up getting the entire track listing screwed up as they are made (i.e. if I were to chime in with my interpretation of "It's So Easy" right now.... I'd all ready be out of order).

'Mess is good. Also, in 2100 when this thread is ready, assuming ppl actually bother to contribute with something else than assine and useless whine, original poster or some mod could easily enough arrange the interpretations in " right" order. also, No1 is going to bother to attempt to analyze an entire goddamned album in a single go:o

Unless it's Axl himself logging in... maybe we could try to keep the comments to 1-3 sentences per song. Wouldn't be that hard IMHO. peace ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 07:42:11 AM »

My Michelle

AFD in general doesn't preach, ponder point of it all, or question it's own morals. "I don't really consider or care if what I'm doing is right or wrong, I just do what I do and enjoy the ride."
Its one of the reasons why it's so full of life and comes off as real rather than as a band of pretentious assholes acting tough.

You got motherless, most likely underage groupie whoring around,drugged to hell. Narrator  doesn't have a problem with any of this. There is no judgment, ethics or even predictable "oh me oh my what sort of a world and city is this, that creates such train wreck ppl:(" Instead, we learn narrator  is one of her abusers.
This isn't displayed as a good thing, or a bad thing, its just what "is"
"...and this hotel wasn't free. so party til connection calls honey I'll return the key"

I suppose narrator cuts Michelle some slack, by recognizing it might not be her "world" She is one of those who have means to eventualy escape it.
But as long as she's around why not get most out of the situation,
"...Til then you better.."

The story has a happy ending for Michelle, which  I think brings subtle hint of despise or envy to narrators tone.
Theres something bitter in the  final verse Now you're clean And so discreet, I won't say a word...
"Yeah you got out but I still remember what you  really are honey. But hay guess what?  the place you escaped is the world *I*still live in"

Afrer that narrator leaves Michelle and adresses the listeners;
the song  ends with a cynical warning. " look, theres no fame or glamour for 99% of people who come here to search it. But hay, doors always open for few more Michelles. Do you feel lucky?"

maybe we could try to keep the comments to 1-3 sentences per song. Wouldn't be that hard IMHO. peace ok
Why?Shocked

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:26:05 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »

My Michelle

AFD in general doesn't preach, ponder point of it all, or question it's own morals. "I don't really consider or care if what I'm doing is right or wrong, I just do what I do and enjoy the ride."
Its one of the reasons why it's so full of life and comes off as real rather than as a band of pretentious assholes acting tough.

You got motherless, most likely underage groupie whoring around,drugged to hell. Narrator  doesn't have a problem with any of this. There is no judgment, ethics or even predictable "oh me oh my what sort of a world and city is this, that creates such train wreck ppl:(" Instead, we learn narrator  is one of her abusers.
This isn't displayed as a good thing, or a bad thing, its just what "is"
"...and this hotel wasn't free. so party til connection calls honey I'll return the key"

I suppose narrator cuts Michelle some slack, by recognizing it might not be her "world" She is one of those who have means to eventualy escape it.
But as long as she's around why not get most out of the situation,
"...Til then you better.."

The story has a happy ending for Michelle, which  I think brings subtle hint of despise or envy to narrators tone.
Theres something bitter in the  final verse Now you're clean And so discreet, I won't say a word...
"Yeah you got out but I still remember what you  really are honey. But hay guess what?  the place you escaped is the world *I*still live in"

Afrer that narrator leaves Michelle and adresses the listeners;
the song  ends with a cynical warning. " look, theres no fame or glamour for 99% of people who come here to search it. But hay, doors always open for few more Michelles. Do you feel lucky?"

maybe we could try to keep the comments to 1-3 sentences per song. Wouldn't be that hard IMHO. peace ok
Why?Shocked

Left to Decay.....that was an excellent review of Michelle. You nailed it so well I'm not even going to review My Michelle!!!!  ok ok beer

Think about you......next .
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 09:26:48 AM »

Think About You

This song is a song about that certain love in your life that you will never forget. A special moment in time when you meet someone that you fall head over heels for and you can't get that person or memory out of your mind. If there is such a myth about Cupid hitting you in the heart with an arrow and you are takened to another level of emotion that is so hard to compare this would be the song.
(Romeo was hit in the head by Juliettes charm and beauty.) : )
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »

Sweet Child O' Mine

I like to think of this song as the excitement of new love being replaced by what their next move should be as a couple.  I love to listen to the song as if Axl is the man of the relationship and the guitar is the women of the relationship.  You can tell my Slash guitar work when she is anger and when she has doubt.  It's just an incredible song to take in if you listen to it from that perspective.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

Very cool PC. What was amazing about Sweet Child at the time of it's release was it's radio play on FM stations. This song was not just played on popular rock stations. I would turn the dial to a R&B radio station and they were playing Sweet Child. On a light-rock station they would play this song. This song was also being played on country radio stations. The only radio stations I didn't find Sweet Child was on the classical stations. But you know if some symphony decided to score Sweet Child as a classical music score I'm sure they would of played it there to...........right after Mozart.  smoking
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 03:15:29 PM »

You?re Crazy

What can I write about this song that is obvious to all of us?  Every so often you and I are going to come across a person who is shy a couple cards in the deck. The ones who think they seem to know everything some how always kick themselves in the ass with there big mouths. ?Hey boy where are you coming from were did you get that point of view. When I was younger I knew a MF like you? ??.Yup. I?ve come across many adults who fit this line like a charm. (Some even hold political offices in governments and graduated from Harvard!!!!)  It?s best to stand clear from people like this. Because like the reference of  ?She said?..you don?t want my love ?..you just want satisfaction.? Is exactly what they are about. Their FK Crazy!!!!
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »

Anything Goes.....

This song is obvious. A real great rock song for sporting horizontally if you know what I mean.
What gets me is this song is the fashionable sex song that the culture was experiencing in the '60s. Free love across the board with no hang-ups and major ties of the traditional courtship attached to it. It's got that sexy chorus my way your way anything goes tonight. This song was a favorite of mine on a pre-getting ready for Friday night. When my friends and I rented a house in 1988 we use to get our selves amped up before going to a rock club or bar to meet girls. Anything goes was sort of an anthem to respect to all the young dudes who where out on the prowl. And of course to the lovely sexy girls who were waiting for the 'bad boys' to show up!!! smoking
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 10:38:31 AM »

someone move this nonsense already... sweet loooorrrd
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »

Doesn't matter, I like reading stuff like this anyway whether I agree or not or if its here or in Dead Horse. Stop being whingers.. move it here move it there...who cares if its shoved up your arse, if someone doesn't want to read the guy's thread then don't...simple

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »

Rocket Queen is next...... Wink
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 01:50:24 PM »

Doesn't matter, I like reading stuff like this anyway whether I agree or not or if its here or in Dead Horse. Stop being whingers.. move it here move it there...who cares if its shoved up your arse, if someone doesn't want to read the guy's thread then don't...simple

YOU like reading this stuff... who cares? I fucking care

there's a proper place for this nonsense, if you don't care, don't act like YOU are right, just say you don't care

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »

Rocket Queen...

This song has got all the elements of that rock-funk feel in the first section of the song. Again the lyrics are the ever so clever persuasion of the ultimate pick up line. But in this case a young man?s way of courting perhaps a woman who may be a little older and experience. Of course if you are equipped with the right looks and moves, age is not going to matter.
Now the driving music on this number is already sexually attractive. It only stirs the lyrics more and with the slap-bass pumping from Duff gives it the right medicine for the emotion that?s going on here.
The second part of this song is a romantic anthem for the one that you love.
Here Axel is showing that not only he?s a fast-wise-young cat but he can also open his heart and care for a woman that he?s in love with. Under his rough exterior there is actually a gentleman for the ladies he encounters. He might not show it at first. But if the right one comes along he does knows how to show the females the attention they long and need.

We now will go forth to the LIES cd....... beer
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »

Rocket Queen

The massive contrast of ultimate sleaze - part and the romantic straight forward <3<3<3-part must have been a lot of fun to listen through for 1st time way back when. The romantic part deffo gets you by surprise. hihi
I never really figured out it's purpose.
Is it just  Axl showing his tender side like Bitchslap is suggesting?
"...so yeah, I've fucked tons and i'm very good at it but hay theres a romantic guy underneath it love love"

Or maybe its possible to find something more sinister from there? Maybe 2nd part isnt a tender ode to some far away love waiting ashore but merely the "sexual innuendo" in action, working his way through another pair of panties?"So yeah, I've gotten tons of pussy! How you ask? Well, here's my usual line: I seee you standiiiiiiing...."

Tons of  ultra high selfesteem and contradictions going on.20 year old guy declaring he's a sexual innuendo, has seen everything imaginable on teh field of sex already, all that. And 20 secs later claims he isnt naive!
One of my favourites from this amazing album.
I bet Sincut likes it too beer

YOU like reading this stuff... who cares? I fucking care

there's a proper place for this nonsense, if you don't care, don't act like YOU are right, just say you don't care

Do you have any idea how fucking annoying you sound?
Friendly suggestion; don't like a thread, stop visiting it. Hows that for an idea?
If you HAVE to diss it atleast pretend that you can do so in constructive fashion instead of meaningless childish whine? (Tip: starting  off with explaining what the fuck is your problem with the thread works great!)
I dont know any mods of this place on  personal level but my wild guess is that some moron running around declaring which threads *his highness* thinks should me moved or locked is pretty fucking annoying.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:09:33 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »

Patience

Patience has a real surreal mood to it. We all know Axel and company for having a very rough exterior bought upon them from the hardships of life.
But through all this there is that one element in all of us that can somehow get all of us through the nightmare that many of us sometimes experience.
Obviously this song is about a man having the patience for a woman he loves. (It can also be the other way around. A woman having patience for a man). The sentiment is clear. My favorite verse is towards the end. ?I?ve been walking the streets at night just trying to get it right?? Many times and still today I find myself repeating those lines. This song is timeless. I really liked the live version of this song on the DVD Use your Illusion tour. When the drums and bass kick in it is certainly very uplifting and wraps the listener in a state of hope. Just a little patience??yeah??yeah???.
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 10:03:10 AM »

(It can also be the other way around. A woman having patience for a man)

Yeah.....Yeah.....

I love the inflection on the recorded version of Patience when he sings - "cos the lights are shining bright"

He sings it differently on the DVD.........cos I guess the lights were shining then too but in a different way...

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 06:28:43 PM »

Don't Cry

At times during the song, its so sad.  Vocally, one of Axl's best songs for my money.  The alt version is even better.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »

Use to Love her

This song must be an inside joke when a man has a fallout with a woman he loves. I guess it?s a break-up relationship song but you still like to keep the good memories somewhere in the back of your mind. ?I can still hear her complain??is that example when after your lover is gone you still hear the echo of all the bad vibes that both of you had to go through. Love is certainly not always a perfect sphere. Reminds me of all the downfalls of a love you thought was right but fails to stand the test of time.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 10:58:37 AM »

Use to Love her

This song must be an inside joke when a man has a fallout with a woman he loves. I guess it?s a break-up relationship song but you still like to keep the good memories somewhere in the back of your mind. ?I can still hear her complain??is that example when after your lover is gone you still hear the echo of all the bad vibes that both of you had to go through. Love is certainly not always a perfect sphere. Reminds me of all the downfalls of a love you thought was right but fails to stand the test of time.
It is about a bitch ....... but the bitch is a dog (canine).

I remember being sooooooo disappointed when I found out it was really about a dog cause there was something very satisfying (for lack of a better word) in knowing that a girl can drive a guy over the edge like this.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »

^so axl is bullshitting on live era?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: