Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 74641 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »

Axl: I've been an after midnight type since I was sneakin' out of my house in Jr. High. With old Guns we preferred 12am or so. When we moved to theaters etc obviously that changes but it's never changed inside me. Doesn't matter what I do so generally that's when I'm more myself. This isn't to mess with anyone that has an early schedule to keep it's just personal preference.

And in regard to the size venues I'm on record as preferring what ever venues allow for our schedule but management and promoters can do a lot in their own interests behind the scenes that can rarely be avoided and their greed or whatever leads to a lot of double talk and ugly behind nonsense that generally eventually ruins things for everyone. Translated once a tour is scheduled however it's like parting the seas to change.

As far as being late, I've been that way my whole life. It drove Izzy crazy but he would check himself and freely admit I was generally actually doing something that had to get done rather than watching basketball etc.

He prefers to go on when he thinks he can give the crowd the best show. So many of you are saying how you understand that people are different, but here you are not being able to accept it after all.

You think that sucks because it might push back your beauty sleep for one night of the year.....

/jarmo

This is what I'm thinking as well. I mean, most people here have seen GN'R ONCE and in some cases, like D's, ZERO times. Yet they moan and complain about not getting home at a certain time.

Are you bitter about something D?  hihi Are you really that green younggunner? Huh

This is so far beyond ridiculous it's actually pretty funny.

Cenario: So this one time in your life when you're lucky enough to get to see your favorite band perform live, you end up with a lousy bitter feeling afterwards because you're tired the next day and because you had to treat yourself with a cab ride instead of taking the much cheaper subway that stoped running at 1 am? Really?

Believe me, if you're a fan of GN'R, taking maybe a day off work, staying at a hotel for a night, having some beers with fellow fans and friends, maybe shoot up some heroin wile waiting for GN'R is really fuckin' worth it and you should defenetly start saving so that you'll be prepared for the next time the come to a place remotly close to you. ok

I hope to GOD Axl doesn't change his ways unless HE wants to.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

Axl: I've been an after midnight type since I was sneakin' out of my house in Jr. High. With old Guns we preferred 12am or so. When we moved to theaters etc obviously that changes but it's never changed inside me. Doesn't matter what I do so generally that's when I'm more myself. This isn't to mess with anyone that has an early schedule to keep it's just personal preference.

And in regard to the size venues I'm on record as preferring what ever venues allow for our schedule but management and promoters can do a lot in their own interests behind the scenes that can rarely be avoided and their greed or whatever leads to a lot of double talk and ugly behind nonsense that generally eventually ruins things for everyone. Translated once a tour is scheduled however it's like parting the seas to change.

As far as being late, I've been that way my whole life. It drove Izzy crazy but he would check himself and freely admit I was generally actually doing something that had to get done rather than watching basketball etc.

He prefers to go on when he thinks he can give the crowd the best show. So many of you are saying how you understand that people are different, but here you are not being able to accept it after all.

You think that sucks because it might push back your beauty sleep for one night of the year.....

/jarmo

This is what I'm thinking as well. I mean, most people here have seen GN'R ONCE and in some cases, like D's, ZERO times. Yet they moan and complain about not getting home at a certain time.

Are you bitter about something D?  hihi Are you really that green younggunner? Huh

Cenario: So this one time in your life when you're lucky enough to get to see your favorite band perform live, you end up with a lousy bitter feeling afterwards because you're tired the next day and because you had to treat yourself with a cab ride instead of taking the much cheaper subway that stoped running at 1 am? Really?

Believe me, if you're a fan of GN'R, taking maybe a day off work, staying at a hotel for a night, having some beers with fellow fans and friends, maybe shoot up some heroin wile waiting for GN'R is really fuckin' worth it and you should defenetly start saving so that you'll be prepared for the next time the come to a place remotly close to you. ok

thats not exactly what i ment i would love to go and sneak out to see GNR i dont have a problem with getting extra sleep i guess i dont know what i would do though with all the extra time when i would get there u know
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:33:21 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »

you comment as if every person that attends a GnR concert goes b/c they are that person's favorite band and that the person going follows the band as obsessively as members of this board....... Undecided

as hard as it seems to believe, I'm sure there are plenty of people that are unaware that Slash is no longer in the band (how I don't know hihi);

but would they shout at the band if they weren't obsessive?

depends on how much they drank hihi j/k

propably not
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »

you comment as if every person that attends a GnR concert goes b/c they are that person's favorite band and that the person going follows the band as obsessively as members of this board....... Undecided

as hard as it seems to believe, I'm sure there are plenty of people that are unaware that Slash is no longer in the band (how I don't know hihi);

but would they shout at the band if they weren't obsessive?

depends on how much they drank hihi j/k

propably not

probably obsessive roaring drunks no
Axls Black Cat
Opening Act

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »

I don't know how people can pay a lot of money to go and heckle a band...  Huh

It REALLY confuses me - it REALLY got to me at Download 06 when we had all of the 'We Want Slash' crap - wellll go and see VR then!  Tongue

In saying that B'ham 06 had a brilliant atmosphere.

Things that REALLY annoy me and shouldn't go are:

People who criticise Axl's voice/looks/hair/the new member's presence (you wanna see them or not?)
Hecklers
New material haters (there are tribute bands out there you know)
Bottle throwers
General Numpties  Roll Eyes  Kiss

Forever Faithful to myself and GN'R! :-D
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »

I don't know how people can pay a lot of money to go and heckle a band...  Huh

It REALLY confuses me - it REALLY got to me at Download 06 when we had all of the 'We Want Slash' crap - wellll go and see VR then!  Tongue

In saying that B'ham 06 had a brilliant atmosphere.

Things that REALLY annoy me and shouldn't go are:

People who criticise Axl's voice/looks/hair/the new member's presence (you wanna see them or not?)
Hecklers
New material haters (there are tribute bands out there you know)
Bottle throwers
General Numpties  Roll Eyes  Kiss
some people are just stupid that way drool

wadey
Legend

« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »

/jarmo

i remember going to donny in 06'.... right after the show i drove home which took the clock to 03.30 and i was up for work at 05.45
very tired, very drained, but its worth it  ok
if your a big fan then the small things and a little inconvenience should not matter. GnR gigs are now pretty few and far between in my opinion so i prefer Axl to give his best performance even if it means droopy eyes for a few days  peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

/jarmo

i remember going to donny in 06'.... right after the show i drove home which took the clock to 03.30 and i was up for work at 05.45
if your a big fan then the small things and a little inconvenience should not matter. GnR gigs are now pretty few and far between in my opinion so i prefer Axl to give his best performance even if it means droopy eyes for a few days  peace
true that when GNR comes to the Chi i will fight my way to get as close as i can to the stage  smoking

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »

/jarmo

thats not exactly what i ment i would love to go and sneak out to see GNR i dont have a problem with getting extra sleep i guess i dont know what i would do though with all the extra time when i would get there u know

What do you mean? Like what to do while waiting for the band to go on stage? How about waiting? Talking to fellow fans, drinking beer, listening to some good music, i don't know, just wait i guess, enjoy the moment sort of... hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Axls Black Cat
Opening Act

« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »

I went to that gig... Was a good festival but apparently there was a riot in my camp after - I don't know cause I'd been drinking so I slept through it - the evidence was pretty conclusive next day though.  Roll Eyes I did nearly end up in a fight when some gits were singing a derogatory song about GN'R when they'd clearly never even been to see them....  Angry But GN'R were soooo good and converted some of my friends who didn't like them - I was so proud of them! I always am!!!  Grin It was a good night.  Grin Fun and made me sooo happy and proud. There was a Japanese guy and his girlfriend who started talking to me alter - he was GN'R fan who followed them 'round the world - he had his piccy taken with me in my GN'R flag. *Good Times*  Grin Nice hot summer - I'm not used to them here.  Grin

Forever Faithful to myself and GN'R! :-D
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2009, 01:11:04 PM »

When to comes to Axl and Time, is he like a Gremlin, where 'midnight' shifts relative or stays static? Could 'midnight' be the equivalent of Midnight Hawaii Time, no matter where he actually is?

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2009, 01:52:07 PM »

When to comes to Axl and Time, is he like a Gremlin, where 'midnight' shifts relative or stays static? Could 'midnight' be the equivalent of Midnight Hawaii Time, no matter where he actually is?
Yeah or like a vampire in a way.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »

Being suffering from polymorphic light eruption right now I say sun allergy can be a real nuisance.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

Being suffering from polymorphic light eruption right now I say sun allergy can be a real nuisance.

Are you the girl I saw writhing around the floor uncontrollably at the show whenever the strobe lights would be used?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »

if she was all in black maybe you saw a friend of mine who is more photosensitive than me.
I'm ok with strobe as it doesn't give off much ultraviolet.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: