Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 101873 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »

The first announcement of acts playing next year's Reading Festival will be announced at 8am on Friday with Guns N' Roses expected to be on the bill.

I apologize in advance for possibly not understanding enough.

But in this sentence, those two things don't have to be connected at all.

In English: Even if band X was booked for said festival, doesn't mean they have to be announced on Friday. They could announce other bands that play the same festival. Does that make sense or is it just my lack of understanding?

/jarmo

Some bands but I think the headliners (GNR in this case if this is happening) would probably be announced at the first announcement, then maybe if the want other bands they could announce them later. Idk

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »

Yes, it makes sense to announce the big draws first.

But it seems like some festivals space out the announcement of their headliners...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 04:24:03 PM »

But it seems like some festivals space out the announcement of their headliners...

I think that's how some are doing it, while some are announcing everything at once.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »

Then I would have no pity for Slash if things go sideways.

Yeah, at this point, Slash would be a fool if he just took Axl at his word, especially on the start times which Slash clearly indicated were a huge Achilles heel for him during the heyday.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 04:39:50 PM »

Yeah, at this point, Slash would be a fool if he just took Axl at his word, especially on the start times which Slash clearly indicated were a huge Achilles heel for him during the heyday.

Yep.

I mean, its got its own section in his freakin' book.  He was quite clear.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »

To everyone mentioning slthe start times. For the two shows Axl played in Australia  that i went too, he was onstage at 8.30pm

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:27 PM »

To everyone mentioning slthe start times. For the two shows Axl played in Australia  that i went too, he was onstage at 8.30pm

Just speculating how that would be addressed, considering Slash was quite clear how little the late times worked for him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »

I just think.... If there's any truth to the reconciliation and reunion of Slash and Axl, Slash has probably been open to such a thing for a longer time than Axl. So, if Axl is opening the door for Slash to come in, I think Slash know better than to start making demands.

I think Slash wants to play shows with a reunited GNR more than forcing through a written agreement that they're not gonna be late at concerts. Not being 100% sure if they take the stage on-time might just be worth it for Slash.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 04:54:46 PM »

I think Slash and Duff want to end things on a higher note.

I think this might well have all started when Duff played those shows with Axl's most recent band.

Isn't it inevitable he was thinking, at least a little bit, "god damn...this should be us up here"?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »

Ill give Axl a prop here... I dont think the start times and Axl adhering to them is going to be an issue for Axl these days. I think those days are long gone.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »

I think Slash and Duff want to end things on a higher note.

I think this might well have all started when Duff played those shows with Axl's most recent band.

Isn't it inevitable he was thinking, at least a little bit, "god damn...this should be us up here"[/I]?

I think that's exactly what he was thinking.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 04:57:21 PM »

Ill give Axl a prop here... I dont think the start times and Axl adhering to them is going to be an issue for Axl these days. I think those days are long gone.

Yeah, that's my impression as well. This has really been a non-issue for at least the last couple of years of touring.

Sweetness is a virtue
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »

In this fantasy... wouldn't it make more sense for Guns N Roses to announce their big reunion deal before a festival grabs the headlines by letting everybody know hey we snagged Guns N Roses with Slash for this summer?

Just spitballing.

That's a good point.

I remember Download 2006 announced GN'R before there was any announcement from the band that they were going back out on the road.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »

Yeah, that's my impression as well. This has really been a non-issue for at least the last couple of years of touring.

Just to be safe, Slash should insist on a strict no helicopters policy.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 05:04:50 PM »

In this fantasy... wouldn't it make more sense for Guns N Roses to announce their big reunion deal before a festival grabs the headlines by letting everybody know hey we snagged Guns N Roses with Slash for this summer?

Just spitballing.

That's a good point.

I remember Download 2006 announced GN'R before there was any announcement from the band that they were going back out on the road.

I think shows have been confirmed before GNR has released their press release on most of their tours since 2001.

If there's a reunion deal on the table though, that sort of a different game. That's a "big thing" to announce.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

He'll leave the hotel room at the same hour though.. The delay will be greater.  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »

Yes.

The actual start times vary. If you got a club show, or you're in Vegas, chances are the start time won't be 9PM.
In India the shows started around 7-7:30PM.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »

Based only on the little information we have at this point. It could be a one year thing only, just festivals here and there. So I guess Slash and Duff can deal with an helicopter and other stuff.

If that is the case Slash could eventually go back with Conspitators and Axl can go back to... meditation or to whatever may happen in Indonesia

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 06:11:42 PM »

Axl needs to repay the fans in 2010...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91JqRXKC77c

People seem to be mad that Axl was late. It's hard to be a rock star is all I can say... Call me a fanboy if you want.

But, I mean these angry "fans" argument is invalid if they went to go see a guns n roses show in 2010 and were expecting slash... Being mad because is was late made sense.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:14:32 PM by AHUGEAxlFan » Logged

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 07:45:08 PM »

I'm be amazed if they play this event. I was there the last time they played Leeds (and the first). They went down like a lead balloon the second time. The crowd were uninterested, and I sort of regret going. They played well, but the audience at that event are appalling. As I left I saw kids in GNR shirts coming the other way- they hadn't even been watching the show, which shows the sort of pathetic fashion-chasers that attend the event. Buying a 'rock t shirt' from a High Street to improve your so-called credibility is about their good enough.

From what I'm hearing on the (rumoured) line-up for this year's event, GNR aren't on it. I think it's a good thing. They can do better than this event.

Also, I'm sure any announcement about any sort of reformation would come before a festival announcement. They do tend to stagger the announcing of the headliners, but, if the bands I've heard are playing are true, that won't make a difference anyway.

Just imagine the horror of all those idiots wandering around in 'Slash Wigs' with inflatable guitars waiting for the SCOM intro. Shudder.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: