Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..  (Read 49240 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2004, 08:58:02 PM »

dark, how does your info jive with the info i got that i know to be true, that the album is done, though i can't say for sure if its been handed over...

Only direct connection I can draw is I've heard several times the disc is, for all intents and purposes, done.  It just hasn't been delivered to Interscope for release.  Whether that's due to the final track list not being decided, or possibly more 'vocal tweaks' or even an editing of the liner notes - I dont know.  I'll throw my pure speculation in there, though, and say that I just think there's some inate fear with Axl to actually 'turn over' the disc.  Because at that point, maybe something he's really not ready for begins - the true public test of GNR's viability, circa 2004.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
True Believer
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2004, 09:07:13 PM »

TWISTING AXL'S ARM WON"T WORK.

It just won't.  From everything I've ever read about him , he's a fighter, not a compromiser.  He resents the whole business end of music.  If the record company is really leaning on him that hard, THEY"RE ONLY GONNA MAKE SHIT WORSE.  Axl is incredibly stubborn.    This is everythig to him.  his life, his vision, his purpose, his redemption, you name it.  EVERYTHING.  He's gonna do it his way or he's not gonna do it.  And he's stubborn enough to not release it just to PUNISH those who think they can control him.  

Yes it's taking forever.  Yes it's expensive.  But he's not a man who responds to threats.  Did it work for slash?

It would have come out eventually.  But if axl feels like the people who should be supporting him are betraying them, do you think he's going to give in to them?  Shit, if they want him to put it out, they should tell him he's not allowed to.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2004, 09:27:53 PM »

^^^ truer words have not been spoken. I agree emphatically with everything you posted. which is bad news because it looks like they are trying to bully him...
loretian
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2004, 09:29:29 PM »

Well, if that's true, it's extremely unfortunate.

However, I have to say, I don't buy it.  Nothing against you dark, I appreciate your work and I know you're just trying to keep us informed.

The thing is, it doesn't go along with what Mysteron has told us, and it's basically been confirmed that Mysteron is legit (or, jarmo is in on his scam too).
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 09:40:14 PM »

can someone please sum up what Myst has said and how that conflicts with Dark's info?
sorry, i can't read every post..
thanks.
loretian
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2004, 10:52:35 PM »

can someone please sum up what Myst has said and how that conflicts with Dark's info?
sorry, i can't read every post..
thanks.

My understanding of what Mysteron has told us is that the album is done, and the management is just deciding on how and when to release it.
milkboy
Opening Act

I'll save you

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 11:05:27 PM »

Points of confusion to me:  If GNR have the CD locked away and haven't given it to the label, then how did the label "leak" IRS awhile back? And how will they set in motion phase 3 of the punishment by leaking up to 3 additional tracks?

GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2004, 11:09:38 PM »

IRS never leaked, it was a fake. A few tracks leaked last year around this time but Geffen managed to stop it before it got REALLY out there. The GH cd wont come out, its jsut being used as pressure. And ill keep saying dont expect till at least Fall.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2004, 11:11:25 PM »

Points of confusion to me:  If GNR have the CD locked away and haven't given it to the label, then how did the label "leak" IRS awhile back? And how will they set in motion phase 3 of the punishment by leaking up to 3 additional tracks?

My understanding on the leak situation is that, although Axl hasn't 'signed off' on CD's release, the studio still has full access at any given time to any / all recordings.  (I'm not sure how that would apply to stuff recorded at Axl's home studio, though.)  My understanding of record contracts is that pretty much the label is always allowed access to the material in whatever state - it forms a sort of 'collateral' for the record company and protects their financial interests in the product.

So, even if Axl says "No, I dont want the disc released yet" (which, with 'Creative Control', he can do) - there is nothing directly impeding the label's access to the material for review or whatever.

That's how I understand the IRS leak happened - and it was one of the reasons there was such a quick rush to make it 'go away' - as the track itself was a final mix.. and pretty much ready for whatever album it would go on.

-darknemus

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2004, 11:12:47 PM »

shit...
I HOPE it isnt true, but IF its true, then we have our "update"  Undecided

God, WHY do we love this band so much ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 11:13:25 PM by RnT » Logged

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2004, 11:14:42 PM »

IRS never leaked, it was a fake. A few tracks leaked last year around this time but Geffen managed to stop it before it got REALLY out there. The GH cd wont come out, its jsut being used as pressure. And ill keep saying dont expect till at least Fall.

Umm, we've got independent confirmation from a variety of sources that IRS was played - Including Mysteron.. I believe he said "something was played that shouldn't have been" (again, I apologize for not quoting him exactly - but that is a summary of what he said).  And for GH not to be coming out, then someone needs to put the kabosh on the Press Release regarding it, wouldn't you think?

-darknemus

milkboy
Opening Act

I'll save you

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2004, 11:16:03 PM »

My understanding on the leak situation is that, although Axl hasn't 'signed off' on CD's release, the studio still has full access at any given time to any / all recordings.  (I'm not sure how that would apply to stuff recorded at Axl's home studio, though.)  My understanding of record contracts is that pretty much the label is always allowed access to the material in whatever state - it forms a sort of 'collateral' for the record company and protects their financial interests in the product.

So, even if Axl says "No, I dont want the disc released yet" (which, with 'Creative Control', he can do) - there is nothing directly impeding the label's access to the material for review or whatever.

That's how I understand the IRS leak happened - and it was one of the reasons there was such a quick rush to make it 'go away' - as the track itself was a final mix.. and pretty much ready for whatever album it would go on.

-darknemus

OK, thanks. That makes sense. So in other words, they leak the tracks to piss Axl off but deny that they did it for legal reasons as they are laughing in their high-rise corporate suites.

This is very bad.  Just when you think things can't get any lower....
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2004, 11:17:43 PM »

With the complete silence, I'd welcome any type of action on the GN'R front! Smiley

I got no money, but when Chinese Democracy is finally released, a rich poster here should invite us all to LA to all meet, high five, and cheer the end of our 10 year journey!!
 peace beer beer peace
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 11:18:23 PM by PS_PoWeR » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2004, 11:19:11 PM »

This is all so Rock n Roll      peace
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2004, 11:19:24 PM »

I will again state that I hope none of this happens or is happening.  I'm personally holding out some sort of hope (however misguided) that GH will 'disappear' and CD will be forthcoming shortly thereafter.  I do agree with others that Axl's personality and these type of tactics mix like oil and water.  I think its just that the question is at this point: Does the label really care?  Money is money, period - and no amount of our passionate fanboy / fangirl gushing is going to change the numbers at the bottoms of the balance sheets.

-darknemus

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2004, 11:32:56 PM »

strange how Mike Piazza of all people end up with this. Why would the label choose him to spearhead this attempt at antagonism.

I don't know if i believe it, but the fact that Axl doesn't want this released means, in my mind,  that he is close to turning this album over.

Either that or will will have world war 3, ending in the destruction of CD's masters and axl's inclusion into the mental hospital.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 11:34:47 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2004, 11:37:24 PM »

I'm personally holding out some sort of hope (however misguided) that GH will 'disappear' and CD will be forthcoming shortly thereafter.

That's what I'd like to think but with the press release we had today (not to mention the fact that Geffen basically never said anything about Chinese Democracy -- Sanctuary always did), I doubt GH will disappear again...which really sucks in a lot of ways apparently.

BucketRose
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2004, 02:51:10 AM »

Listen to yourselves....you're all NUTS!!!!!!!!!
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2004, 03:53:22 AM »

Thanks Dark. Your posts are always a great read!

Rock on!

/
SiL
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2004, 03:58:46 AM »

Listen to yourselves....you're all NUTS!!!!!!!!!

thats why we're here

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: