Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 56136 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:35:04 AM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:? the band is on major hiatus or done.? Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.? If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.? It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.? Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.? Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.? First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.? Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:37:12 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »

The new VR album will be out in '06 or '07 at the latest.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:38:57 AM »

I would not bet on it.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

i mean come on. r?union ? dont bet on it. or AFTER the release of CD and some tour with the new band.

VR ain't dead. VR is slash+duff+matt. they chose a singer. he's cool. they can get another one any day. - and we'll get another cool vh1 r documentary :=) -

Warren
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »

I would not bet on it.

Neither would I. smoking
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »

i mean come on. r?union ? dont bet on it. or AFTER the release of CD and some tour with the new band.

VR ain't dead. VR is slash+duff+matt. they chose a singer. he's cool. they can get another one any day. - and we'll get another cool vh1 r documentary :=) -

That wouldn't make much sense, and I don't know how excited the label would be. ?At this point, there is some uncertainty in all GNR camps. 

I just saw someone who know's Weiland say, when discussing why the solo album (due out this spring) now, the longterm future of VR, and that it seems there is something brewing with GNR:  "he's not stupid."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:52:43 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 10:50:04 AM »

I would not bet on it.

There is no reason to believe VR is breaking up, why would they? Their first album debuted at #1 on the charts and sold over three million copies world-wide. Weiland was planning a solo album before he joined VR. They already have a working title for the new album. No way they are going to break up, that's just plain silly.

Besides Axl has 30-odd songs with his new band almost done, why would he waste 8+ years of his life?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:52:13 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »

I would not bet on it.

There is no reason to believe VR is breaking up, why would they? Their first album debuted at #1 on the charts and sold over three million copies world-wide. Weiland was planning a solo album before he joined VR. They already have a working title for the new album. No way they are going to break up, that's just plain silly.

Besides Axl has 30-odd songs with his new band almost done, why would he waste 8+ years of his life?

Why is Weiland launching a solo album this spring, acting in a movie, writing a book, and launching a clothing line?? There is only so much time.  I agree with you, Mr. Nixon, though that it would be funny for Axl to walk away from all of those songs--unless he never was inspired enough to sing on all of them?  Who knows, but the speculation is fun. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:56:02 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 10:55:17 AM »

Exactly Richard Nixon, Weiland has actually been planning his 2nd solo album since his first one was done. And his solo stuff is wayy different than both VR and STP. It's an alternate creative medium for him.

He didn't leave STP after 12 Bar Blues and he won't leave VR after his next solo album is released. You can bank on it. ok

RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »

I think he can manage...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 10:56:30 AM »

i think mods should move this to VR zone...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 10:57:30 AM »

remember, a band dont need to break up just because of a reunion! No i dont belive there will be a reunion! But people can have more then one band. Take a look at Maynard from Tool, he Have 3 projects. Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puschifer...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 10:58:13 AM »

i think mods should move this to VR zone...

Some topics overlap though. The origanal point was that the origanal GN'R would reform.
madagas
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 10:58:23 AM »

I think the mods should just lock it. Garbage. Undecided
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »

Why is Weiland launching a solo album this spring, acting in a movie, writing a book, and launching a clothing line?? There is only so much time.

Once a month of filming is done it's over

He can write a book whilst on tour

He prolly won't be selling the clothes to people personally hihi (he may but i doubt it) I don't think it would go over well can you see him in Walmart Screaming at customers with his megaphone doing his little dance? rofl "BE A SLAVE TO THE BIG MACHINE AND COME BY MY FUCKING CLOTHES"

Warren
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

Based on that argument, GN'R couldn't have split 10 years ago.

On the other hand, Axl having done 30 songs hasn't been proven yet.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:02:37 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 11:00:22 AM »

Well, maybe if Axl is going to be like Maynard, and work multiple projects, then he should change the name of the CD project?? That would be the best scenario for fans--we would get a ton of product and shows with the new and old!!

Also, when is the court date regarding the rights to the material, $$, and name?  Maybe, all the lawyers and consultants have been working on this case (both sides), and the lawyers came to the consensus that all sides need to drop these childish lawsuits and bickering, get in a room, and work it out.  Obviously, the original band all contributed equally to GNFR in their own way.   I would imagine, that the last thing some of these guy's careers need is another dragged out court proceeding.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:05:00 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 11:05:56 AM »

Well, maybe if Axl is going to be like Maynard, and work multiple projects, then he should change the name of the CD project?? That would be the best scenario for fans--we would get a ton of product and shows with the new and old!!

what are you talking about, he was saying Maynard has 3 projects so why cant weiland? Nobody said anything about Axl doing more than one thing.

Axl has always been for GnR, everything he does musically he has GnR in mind.

There was no argument to base on. GnR split because of creative differences. To severely simplify it.... Slash wanted one thing and Axl wanted another, so the rest is history

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »

i heard on the radio that  Weiland will be playing a few shows with STP....

you have the wrong band reunion

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Warren
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »

There was no argument to base on. GnR split because of creative differences. To severely simplify it.... Slash wanted one thing and Axl wanted another, so the rest is history
What I meant is : just because a band sells 3 millions of records doesn't mean it's not gonna split. There could be "creative differences" in VR too...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: