Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is the general consensus on the worst GnR song of all time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the general consensus on the worst GnR song of all time?  (Read 50057 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

Shotgun blues is up there for sure.

I dig Get In The Ring....its a great song that sums up Guns vs. the rest of the world attitude.  It gives us an actual Axl rant in a song which is pricless and how can you NOT like the ending when Duff thanks all the GNR fans "who have stuck with us, through all the FUCKING SHIT" hahaha its cheesy to some degree, but its a fun song.  Slash is pretty good in it too.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 03:28:34 PM »

Silkworms. The worst song I've ever heard.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »

My WOrld doesn't count!? Its a silly clip at the end of UYI II, stop being so serious!

+1
yeah, said the same thing a few posts back.....my world doenst count people! silkworms does,,,so everyone...go pick that one? ?Tongue

In my opinion, if it has it's own track on a CD, then it's a song.

so you consider some of the filler things on Tool's lateralus album as a song? There's a track on it which contains nothing but a creepy monster roar sound for like 1 minute or something (cant remember exactly, it's been a while) I wouldn't count something like that as a song...... My World is at the end of the album for a reason......

Yes, I do.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »

My WOrld doesn't count!? Its a silly clip at the end of UYI II, stop being so serious!

+1
yeah, said the same thing a few posts back.....my world doenst count people! silkworms does,,,so everyone...go pick that one? ?Tongue

so you consider some of the filler things on Tool's lateralus album as a song? There's a track on it which contains nothing but a creepy monster roar sound for like 1 minute or something (cant remember exactly, it's been a while) I wouldn't count something like that as a song...... My World is at the end of the album for a reason......

Yes, I do.

Shocked    ok....cant argue that  Grin

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »

I hate anything with any member singing but Axl.

I hate anything with lyrics that make me cringe, i.e. Get in the Ring, My World, Shotgun Blues, Cornshucker.

Everything on Appetite is exempt because it is genius.

Everything on Lies, exempt.

UYI very much laced with crap. My humble opinion.

I reserve judgement on Silkworms until I hear studio version.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 03:33:38 PM »

The general consesus I've observed is that "My World" is considered the worst GN'R song ever.... I don't mind it though. If nothing else it really makes UYI a total fvcking potpouri of musical styles, and critics can't give Axl too much sh1t now for experimenting with industrial rock... he had the balls to put an industrial track on an album in 1991... kind makes him look like a bit of a visionary- even if people don't dig it.

"Oh My God" was not well received intitially, but there's strong support for it among certain segments of the GN'R community that I have noticed. It's not Sweet Child O' Mine... but I don't mind it.

Personally, my least favorite is "Anything Goes"- it just doesn't seem like Guns N' Roses to me... seems more like a lame 80's party band song about sex... it seems like every band on the strip in the 80's had a sex song like this one... it's just not fresh to me the way the rest of AFD is... I guess the counter-argument is that AFD is all about sex, drugs and rock n' roll and "Anything Goes" is the sex element... but I think the whole "sex thing" was covered pretty thoroughly with some of the lyrics in "It's So Easy" and the recording of Axl banging that chick on "Rocket Queen". hihi

Personally, I would have preferred "Bad Obsession" or "Crash Diet" on AFD instead of "Anything Goes".

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »

+1

Yes, I do.

Shocked? ? ok....cant argue that? Grin

Don't get me wrong, I do see your point, but imo anything with a track label is considered a song. ?But I'll say going by your example, I would consider Shotgun Blues or Get In The Ring as pretty crappy songs. ok

W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »

I never liked You're Crazy on Lies, it bores me.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 03:36:31 PM »

I'b have to say that the worst thing that GN'R ever did was My World...

I mean, I do like the lyrics, but the song is awful!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 03:37:44 PM »

silkworms
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »

I can't believe I'm the first person to say this (since years ago this song won hands down)...

You Ain't The First.

That song is awful, just listen to those lyrics.. ugh.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 03:40:45 PM »

OK, now I wanna hear silkworms... anyone have it?

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 03:42:18 PM »

go to Appetite for Collection board 'Oh My Choking Soul'.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 03:44:53 PM »

go to Appetite for Collection board 'Oh My Choking Soul'.

Got it thanks.

Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »

Another reason I think MY WORLD has to be considered a real track is because it has a songwriting credit in the CD booklet (Rose). ?ANYTHING GOES is the worst song on Appetite, but it has too much going on musically to be their worst song overall. ?Ditto with GET IN THE RING. ?Sometimes I imagine what we would've gotten if Slash had put that fantastic blues opening in service of something a little more substantial. ?MY WORLD is their worst studio effort for two reasons. ?First, it's not really Guns N' Roses, but just Axl putting together his own little coda for UYI II. ?More importantly, though, Axl's style on the song just doesn't work for the industrial feel of the tune itself, in my opinion. ?It always bothered me that it was the final statement from the UYI albums, and when I transferred everything over to iTunes, it's the only GN'R song I left out.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 03:47:27 PM »

Silkworms is bad.

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »

Much like alot of the illusions, I didn't like "You ain't the first" initially but now i actually enjoy it when i m feeling really mellow, hated So Fine at first too, but again, Certain days that song just really does it for me. ?But if I had to really chose I would have to say "So Fine". ?I guess the consensus around here is silkworkms, oh my god and my world. ?

What Goes around comes around!
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 03:48:54 PM »

i think i am the only guy that likes my world, it was very new & way before it's time, plus i dont know if you can call it a real song. i dont care for anything goes or back off bitch.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 03:50:35 PM »

I love Oh My God. I think it has one of the strongest melodies of any GnR song. I was so surprised that it was not a hit. I think there were production problems, that song could have been much more.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:53:15 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Megaguns
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »

Shotgun blues is up there for sure.

I dig Get In The Ring....its a great song that sums up Guns vs. the rest of the world attitude.? It gives us an actual Axl rant in a song which is pricless and how can you NOT like the ending when Duff thanks all the GNR fans "who have stuck with us, through all the FUCKING SHIT" hahaha its cheesy to some degree, but its a fun song.? Slash is pretty good in it too.
I ALWAYS thought it was axl at the end? Are you sure its Duff? Anyhow, Get in the ring is brilliant, I have the song minus vocals and it had potential to be much better, but i say it kicks ass anyway. I have never been a huge fan of My world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: