Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Good or Bad Does not matter: The 'brand' of Axl and Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good or Bad Does not matter: The 'brand' of Axl and Guns N' Roses  (Read 1174 times)
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« on: February 25, 2006, 03:11:21 PM »

Well, I thought inbetween this maelstrom of leaks and tension that I would some long term fan commentary to the table. Choose if you want to read on.

Whodathunk we would be listening to these new clips, let alone seeing that live dates are CONFIRMED? Really-not just three months ago, it was a GHOST TOWN around here in Gunsnrosesstan (capital city of The United Illusions of Jungle).

And I think for a lot of us, with hearing these new songs/clips, we now have something else outside of AFD, Lies, UYI1&2, SI, LE8793 and all the old boots and demos. Considering who they were, a band that really almost fell off the planet by the end of the AFD hype of '88 and '89-we finally have something new to place alongside the old in our DNA. Thus, whatever comes out, WHENEVER it all comes out-we'll buy it and LOVE it. In abundance. Compact Discs, Special Editions of Compact Discs. DVD's. Tickets. Merch. EVERYTHING. As we've done in the past, we'll be there going forward.

It's the BRAND of Axl and the trademark of "Guns N' Roses". This is a fundamental marketing wet dream. C'mon, tell me you don't think the word "Roses" after you hear the word "Guns"? Or vice versa? Even when they're talking about Firearms or Floral Arrangements, you, me and the HTGTH massive starts playing Welcome to the Videos in our mind for the billionith time, drooling on ourselves. Or when you hear the words "Appetite" "Destruction" "Illusion", etc. -you get that look in your eye like "YEEAAAAHHHH" at the end of "You Could Be Mine". Don't deny it.

(Firearms and Floral Arrangements. I like that! Call me if you want to use for a covers band).

So, the question is, are the quality (aesthetic quality) of the new songs good or bad? BEYOND THE BEYOND GOOD I SAY! All the better due to waiting so long, and with such mystery too! In the end, yes, we want the #$%^ing album already. There's too many of us who really do humanly give a damn about the band, old and new, to drop out. Thus, enough of the shenanigans.

Okay, I've wasted enough time and bandwith, mine and yours. I felt compelled to give some comments.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »

in all the years i have been a fan i have stuck with my guns and supported axl and the new band 100%. and it was hard to back him up back in 2002 when all that shit happend when people talked shit about him and the new band. but who gives a fuck about what people think right ?

ten years after chinese democracy is released we will all look back and think about what a roller coaster ride this whole thing has been.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »

I definetly supported Axl back in 2002.  I can appreciate his vision of trying to not to re-create GNR but rather lead it in a new different direction.  And one thing holds true between the current gnr and original is that no song sounds identical to the other, and they are all good in their own right.  If you listen to contraband all the songs pretty much song alike.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: